Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 145 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Not sure how dark it was, (if the camera lights things up) he had a gun, tossed it, (why do people have guns?) and turned round fairly quickly.

I agree, looks awful, but........... Never been in the position the policeman was in. Does look terrible, as he turns with his hands up. But again, they knew they had guns, would you take the chance?

Just all looks fucked up, very depressing that youngsters seem to be pushed down that route, feel they have nothing else but to join gangs etc. All his life in front of him and that happens.

13 and out with a gun at 2.30am.

Exactly mate we, weren't there we don't know, he also looks about 6ft tall.
It's not the English shires it's getto America.
I just pray we don't get like America, a lot of our wanna be gangstas popping up in our cities

Last edited:
We have always known where our kids were. Part of the deal letting them have a mobile when they were younger was that the tracker function was always switched on. If they switched it off then they lost their phone for a period of time. It worked for us as neither of them have ever got into any serious trouble.

We have always known where our kids were. Part of the deal letting them have a mobile when they were younger was that the tracker function was always switched on. If they switched it off then they lost their phone for a period of time. It worked for us as neither of them have ever got into any serious trouble.
Yep and you would think, for a 13 year old... as soon as 8.30pm came around you would be using that tracker to drag him home by the ears.

Just all looks fucked up, very depressing that youngsters seem to be pushed down that route, feel they have nothing else but to join gangs etc. All his life in front of him and that happens.

13 and out with a gun at 2.30am.

Spot on here Fear, the lady worked for a company for 2 years who deal with kids in these circumstances and it is not as simple as "make sure they are home" etc.

Kids at 12 and 13 are groomed by older men in gangs. Starts off super innocent go to the store and get me a coke, keep the change and the change is $20. $20 is a lot to a 12 year old. Then its run this package across the street for $50. Even at 15 or 16 they might only get $100 but for them that's new Jordans or a computer game, so on.

Parents in these situations are often working 2 jobs. Some of these people are so poor. I remember one woman who was raising two kids, working two jobs and she still needed assistance. They got her a new apartment and she was still having to go a secondhand free furniture store. A lot of these are in desperate situations.

Some kids come from really good homes its just the poverty and parents being unable to supervise them all the time. Once the gang gets its grips into you its really difficult to get out. The gangs come after you if you try to leave. Theres been families who move borough or even move state and they get a random knock on the door one night saying "Brandon needs to come home". Its dangerous. Some kids totally lose their way, there was one story of a family who moved to Jamaica but their son left in the middle of the night to go back. They bought him a flight and he left without telling his family.

Eventually the cycle repeats, the kids grow up and then they groom kids to work underneath them. My GF actually met one of them once because he understood the dire situation he was stuck in. He was trapped but the pressure from the top meant he had to try and bring in kids too. He is made responsible for kids who try to leave too so its a vicious cycle. You can't just leave.

The girls is a whole other story but young girls get trafficked essentially. Similar stuff, younger guy gives her money and brings her out for drinks and stuff she's too young for. They trick the girls into making them love them. Eventually thru the abusive tactics it turns into "if you loved me you would sleep with my friend". And that's how they end up being prostitutes and getting pimped out.

Its so easy to say "make different decisions", "where are the parents", "just leave", "just say no" and "make sure you know where your kids are". Its all so easy but if it actually was so many wouldn't be in these situations. I don't think we can fathom how dire and depressing these situations are.

Yeah very similar to here with county lines. I had loads of cases of it in Birmingham and one case in somerset.
The one is somerset was the worst surprisingly.
Gang gave him ALOT of drugs and asked to travel on a train. Members of said gang intercepted young man, beat him up and took the expensive drugs off him.
All of a sudden, young man owes 20k to the gang. And he has to repay this by further dealings.
When young lad refused more 'favours' the gang went to his house and put him in a coma.
And schools get judged on the grades this lad picks up.... when in reality the school and social services were just trying to keep him alive.
But OFSTED not interested in that, they just want results. Sad state of affairs.
And these types of things are happening NOW. In every town, city and village.

I think the US needed that, and anything but guilty would’ve seen riots once again.

Floyd was far from perfect, I’m not going to defend his crime, but his punishment wasn’t a death sentence and I don’t think we should lose sight of that.

I am a bit surprised though, this seems like a monumental moment in US history.

I think there’s just an undercurrent of looters who use rioting as an excuse to get free stuff, in every big city in the world. I think those people are the lowest form of scum but that might be another topic for another day as this is big news

Many of the arrests were also right wing agitators, like Proud Boys and Boogaloo Bois. It helps the right's narrative if the looting continues.

I'm already seeing the slogans come out...."This is not justice. This is simply accountability" etc.

Anyway, it's good news.

That I agree with, but again it gains better traction and keeps the momentum going by being 100% peaceful - again it's the difference where I don't doubt the genuine protesters get that and realise they can't give people an excuse to say 'you got the charges, why you looting'.

It's the more extreme I'm worried about now - although dare say they'd have already gone nuclear with a different reaction.

I'm guessing 'not justice...accountability' was an organised slogan for a possible win as the AG has said the same but with more context.

BLM misstep again by saying this isn't proof the system works because it took so long.

Erm, yeah, cases of this magnitude usually do sadly.

Although granted they more than had a point with most expecting he'd get away scot free.