Journeymen v Railwaymen | Vital Football

Journeymen v Railwaymen

Just had a look at Crewe's recent form it's been a real mixed bag, they've picked up 3 wins in the last 10 against uninspiring sides like MK, Doncaster and Northampton, got credible draws with play off sides like Sunderland, Blackpool and Pompey. Then took an expected loss from Hull and smased 3-0 off Lincoln, Burton and demolished 6-0 off Oxford.

My impression is they aren't quite on the beach and are still capable of doing a job on you if you don't show up but very beatable if you do.

This really has to be a win and we should be heading into this game super motivated - this is a huge chance to win 3 in a row and take another huge step to saving ourselves. In theory turning up shouldn't be a problem.

But it was only a few weeks ago after 2 impressive displays against MK and Plymouth we were in this exact position and we just didn't follow it up with the same type of performances and results suffered. It has to be different this time - any scenario of us staying up probably needs us to get a win tomorrow as it's probably our easiest remaining fixture.

If we have the intensity to our game you have to fancy us but as always these most winnable games that have been our acillies heel all season. So you never know with us.

But if we did it and results went our way we'd jump Wimbledon, be 4 clear of Northampton, 6 clear of Bristol and Swindon and 7 clear of Rochdale with 4 games to go. We'd be so close.

Last edited:
We now have the added incentive of going 4 pts clear of relegation zone of we won tomorow.

big big game/chance to give us a bit of breathing space.

3 nil to us. These lads are really up for this and enjoying playing football, you can tell that all the players want to talk about the team at the moment! I can't wait for it UTFT!

It wouldn’t be Wigan and it wouldn’t match the story of the relegation battle if we were to win this. Just got a bad feeling. Wigan 1-2 Crewe

After a run of games where we weren't favorites to win but have raised our game, competed and got some rewards this is one we should reasonably expect to win and I'm a little nervous about the players game mentality and that the longer it goes on the twitchier and more disjointed we'll become as we try too hard and start to make poor decision (shooting from daft positions and trying to play the killer pass).

It's really up to Leam to get them in the right frame of mind for this type of game, he's clearly good at motivating them when we are the underdog.
Alternatively, someone just bang us in another 1st minute opener and we can all relax and enjoy the math.

I'll go for a nervy and un-enjoyable 1:0 win with a goal in the 80th minute and a horrendously nervy last 10. Hopefully I'm completely wrong yet again and they will comfortably smash them.

Just had a look at Crewe's recent form it's been a real mixed bag, they've picked up 3 wins in the last 10 against uninspiring sides like MK, Doncaster and Northampton, got credible draws with play off sides like Sunderland, Blackpool and Pompey. Then took an expected loss from Hull and smased 3-0 off Lincoln, Burton and demolished 6-0 off Oxford.

My impression is they aren't quite on the beach and are still capable of doing a job on you if you don't show up but very beatable if you do.

This really has to be a win and we should be heading into this game super motivated - this is a huge chance to win 3 in a row and take another huge step to saving ourselves. In theory turning up shouldn't be a problem.

But it was only a few weeks ago after 2 impressive displays against MK and Plymouth we were in this exact position and we just didn't follow it up with the same type of performances and results suffered. It has to be different this time - any scenario of us staying up probably needs us to get a win tomorrow as it's probably our easiest remaining fixture.

If we have the intensity to our game you have to fancy us but as always these most winnable games that have been our acillies heel all season. So you never know with us.

But if we did it and results went our way we'd jump Wimbledon, be 4 clear of Northampton, 6 clear of Bristol and Swindon and 7 clear of Rochdale with 4 games to go. We'd be so close.
I really love the word if lol