Chris Speaks Out | Vital Football

Chris Speaks Out

A flowery goodbye concentrating on the many highs. Nothing controversial or opinion changing.

Apart from against us I wish Chris Wilder good luck in his future career. He screwed up massively this season which gives him experience to learn from - it gives us relegation, several unwanted records and a squad in need of an overhaul.

Carefully worded and obviously vetted. Good luck Chris and thanks for 4 great seasons. Now time for a new chapter. Hopefully sooner rather than later as this current no mans land is killing us.

Carefully worded and obviously vetted. Good luck Chris and thanks for 4 great seasons. Now time for a new chapter. Hopefully sooner rather than later as this current no mans land is killing us.
I added it to the "Sheffield mangers" thread and commented similarly
Understandably praising the fans and the bond with them.
Good PR for/from him.
Tugging at the heartstrings before firing shots across the bows or just genuine comments from a genuine guy???

Thanks for 4 years, no thanks for one.

I'd sob and say "all the best you legend" but his absolute greed in the end overshadows the affinity to the club he's always claimed.

I hope he has the break he clearly needs.

Will be interesting to see what he does next, it will reveal just how good he really is.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at United one day. He's got more than enough time on his side.

I think most fans will remember him for picking this club by the scruff of the neck and dropping it into the Premiership and having one cracking season in it. I do believe every player has a level they can reach and not beyond it and I think a manager's the same. Getting a severance package doesn't make him any less of a Blades nobody does a job just for love of it, I definitely wouldn't .

I think most fans will remember him for picking this club by the scruff of the neck and dropping it into the Premiership and having one cracking season in it. I do believe every player has a level they can reach and not beyond it and I think a manager's the same. Getting a severance package doesn't make him any less of a Blades nobody does a job just for love of it, I definitely wouldn't .
Don't tell TT otherwise he'll turn on you FnaF :wagging:

truely believed wilder was going to be the next england manager or at least win us some sort of trophy ,but this car crash season and no idea how to change things up just makes me think he reached his pinnacle and hes just heading down wards and on to a pundits panel . Still shocked at how he fucked everything up so drastically.

truely believed wilder was going to be the next england manager or at least win us some sort of trophy ,but this car crash season and no idea how to change things up just makes me think he reached his pinnacle and hes just heading down wards and on to a pundits panel . Still shocked at how he fucked everything up so drastically.

You have soon forgotten the League 1 trophy, Wilder England manager non-runner for me.

You have soon forgotten the League 1 trophy, Wilder England manager non-runner for me.
Our Chris was never going to be England manager,he's a manager that likes to have his say and the FA don't like managers/coaches who don't nod every time they're told too and that's the reason why Brian Clough was never going to get the England job.Our Chris will always have my respect for how he turned our club round because make no mistake we were going nowhere until Our Chris arrived home.I wish him all the best for the future and if some want to slate me for thinking this way fire away.UTB

Last edited:
Feel a bit betrayed by it all, but credit where its due a class response, but still no why ? Or did I miss something ?

Our Chris was never going to be England manager,he's a manager that likes to have his say and the FA don't like managers/coaches who don't nod every time they're told too and that's the reason why Brian Clough was never going to get the England job.Our Chris will always have my respect for how he turned our club round because make no mistake we were going nowhere until Our Chris arrived home.I wish him all the best for the future and if some want to slate for thinking this way fire away.UTB

The majority of fans will be grateful for his time at the Lane it was a rollercoaster ride, I definitely did. Having said that everyone has a level that they can't get over, Chris reached it this year along with most of the players. The club is more important than any individual in my opinion and a change should have been made earlier to give us a chance of rescuing this season. CW deserves all the fans good wishes in his next job, but football is a results business and Chris knew that.
The prince often uses the phrase "actions speak louder than words" hopefully he will deliver, jury out for me but we will see.

Feel a bit betrayed by it all, but credit where its due a class response, but still no why ? Or did I miss something ?
That statement is the PR blandishment,the non controversial whitewash to close the matter for the time being, affected by the rumoured ( and very likely to be true )non disclosure agreement he signed when getting his pay off.
That's standard practise and he'll be keeping his powder dry until he wants to publish his book and the agreement's in the distant past- unless he thinks the book sales will outweigh the compensation and legal case costs and is sat writing it now!