Foyth RB, CM, CD - Mr versatile, very involved at Villareal
Skipp CM - main man at Norwich
White CM - bench at Pompey, some game time
Roles AM - just missed 12 squads at Stevenage
Clarke AM - injured, loan cut short
Parrott FWD - 1 goal at Ipswich, mostly on the bench
Tracey AM - 13 appearances at Cambridge
Sterling AM FWD - regular for Greenock Morton, no goals

So what is everyone's thoughts on the future of these 15 lads striving to make a career at Spurs?

Was reading an article on our loanees this morning. Here's what is happening

Austin GK - waiting for MLS to start with Orlando
Gazza GK - not playing at Elche
CCV CD - regular for Bournemouth
Okedina CD - 13 appearances at Cambridge
Fagan-Walcott CD - injured, loan cut short
Eyoma RB CD - bench at Lincoln
Sess LB - doing OK at Hoffenheim
Foyth RB, CM, CD - Mr versatile, very involved at Villareal
Skipp CM - main man at Norwich
White CM - bench at Pompey, some game time
Roles AM - just missed 12 squads at Stevenage
Clarke AM - injured, loan cut short
Parrott FWD - 1 goal at Ipswich, mostly on the bench
Tracey AM - 13 appearances at Cambridge
Sterling AM FWD - regular for Greenock Morton, no goals

So what is everyone's thoughts on the future of these 15 lads striving to make a career at Spurs?

Not overly impressive reading apart from Skipp and Sess especially the two forwards one mostly on the bench 1 goal the other a regular for Morton but no goals....Harry replacement where are you?

It could be the case that none of them make it at Spurs. A few might make a career at other clubs. At least 4 out of 11 academy products look promising but not necessarily with us. I can't remember what % Ex quoted as the average success rate.

It could be the case that none of them make it at Spurs. A few might make a career at other clubs. At least 4 out of 11 academy products look promising but not necessarily with us. I can't remember what % Ex quoted as the average success rate.

Like it or not, the value of an academy can sometimes be measured on how much money these guys generate in player sales. That is very complimentary to trying to get the best ones into the 1st team squad.

We generated pretty decent money from Townsend, Mason, Carroll, Pritchard, Caulker etc. We were close to zero net spending anyway with these player sales. Can't imagine what it would have been like without them.

KWP has obviously been the latest to generate some return, and who's to say that Winks and Kane won't add to the kitty this summer. We already know we'd get some decent money for Skipp if we chose to sell him.

All well and good Mutters but what we need is an academy that generates one or two really decent ones who go on to become legendish along the lines of Ledley, Harry.....then we won't have to go looking for costly players, who wont join us anyway, cos of the wage structure and current lack of ambition, to build the next team around.

Looks like Skipp could be one we can try to build for the future but if I was him I would want to stay at Norwich and PLAY!

Sess of course was not from our academy

An academy genrating money is useful but surely its main aim is to find the next Hoddle or Harry unless I have missed something and levy sees it as a make money factory.

What do I know eh!!

Tanganga has potentially saved us a lot of money looking for a decent right back.
Skipp could at least replace Winks, Hojbjerg even.
White is a bit more creative I think but plays in a similar position.
Parrott has stalled a little in his progress and he could be at a crossroads.
Cirkin could save us money at LB.

All well and good Mutters but what we need is an academy that generates one or two really decent ones who go on to become legendish along the lines of Ledley, Harry.....then we won't have to go looking for costly players, who wont join us anyway, cos of the wage structure and current lack of ambition, to build the next team around.

Looks like Skipp could be one we can try to build for the future but if I was him I would want to stay at Norwich and PLAY!

An academy genrating money is useful but surely its main aim is to find the next Hoddle or Harry unless I have missed something and levy sees it as a make money factory.

What do I know eh!!

It doesn't matter how good an academy is... a Kane or a Hoddle or Ledley level player is down to a degree of luck. You can scout the best young talent from an early age, create the perfect environment for such a talent to thrive, you can even get lucky with them not getting injured in a formative part of their development, but there is always going to be something completely out of a clubs control that determines whether a player makes that final step up.

If we consistently churn out PL or championship level players that generate enough income to support us in the transfer market whilst waiting for lightning to strike on another generational talent for us then the academy is doing a good job.

Foyth is getting some good reviews in Spain. He has been used at RB, CB, MC this season with his highest ratings coming at RB.

View attachment 47605View attachment 47606 Him, Sess and Skipp could take the places of Doherty, Davies and Sissoko.

They have a relatively cheap option to buy they're definitely going to want to take, and Foyth has no natural affinity to Spurs and definitely not to our current management so why wouldn't he stay where he's properly appreciated?

Our fans slagged him off and our manager chucked him out despite our current crop being pretty poor under him. I'd bite Villareal's hands off on a contract if I were him. Hopefully Levy has built in a sell on clause in case he goes for big money in a season or two.

What do I know eh!!

Yeah, my point was that the 2 things are perfectly complementary. It's not like you're not looking for a Kane when you unearth a Townsend and top up the coffers.

Totally agree on Skipp though. We already know what Oliver's Spurs season will be next year before a ball is kicked. That is, unless the toxic one flies off into the sunset.

CCV is fast becoming a favourite with the Bournemouth faithful and consistenly gets good rating points on their match reports. Woodgate seems to have settled on a CB pairings him and Steve Cook.
You couldn't wish for a better defensive coach than Woody, a potential shout for a future manager for us.

CCV is fast becoming a favourite with the Bournemouth faithful and consistenly gets good rating points on their match reports. Woodgate seems to have settled on a CB pairings him and Steve Cook.

Out of contract in the summer?

lijaboc, did you use a word there that is unknown at Spurs.....settled lol!