The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laugh at the local paper’s strap lines. Saint Maximin is the latest coat trailed across our path according to them. I just love the authoritative statements.
”Villa fans instruct the club to buy Saint Maximin “
There you go Mr, Purslow, and our owners. You’ve had your orders from us.

Its amazing how many sites will now run a story made up from random fans outrage on twitter. I've lost count the amount of times I've clicked on these links to see there is no story whatsoever

We desperately need a decent no.10 and another wide forward.

Trez has had some good moments for us, noteably last week and in the relegation run in last season, but he's not the answer. Most of the time he runs around like a headless chicken.

El Ghazi, can be good but is way to inconsistent.

Traore... same.

I think if we can get Jack on the left, Ollie through the middle, then 2 others of their class on the right and tucked in behind then we'll be a force.

I'd spend 90% of any funds we have on these 2 areas (maybe £5 million on a back up striker too)

I'd agree on that list, and maybe add another CM in their as well. Not forgetting LB to replace Taylor, unless they feel one of the kids is ready to step up

Chris Wood.

Thrilling.

I hope we are aiming higher than that .
He's also cost a hell of a lot of money. Burnley aren't about to let their top scorer go easily. He's also like 30 years old.

People are in cloud cuckoo land if they think we're going to spend big money on a centre forward this summer.

Whatever next?...... a rumour on the transfer rumour thread!

Ok, relax, it's on BirminghamLive but it's being rumoured that we are looking at a 22 yr old Turkish goalkeeper..... yes, a goalkeeper, named Altay Bayindir. He's been Fenerbache's man between the sticks for the last two and a half seasons.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...s/aston-villa-transfer-news-bayindir-20369782

Also, it's on HITC;

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/...-and-newcastle-will-scout-12m-target-tonight/

Surely we'd only be looking at a goalkeeper IF we let both Heaton and Steer go?.....

Do you know that for a fact or is that just conjecture? I’m inclined to agree with @Platypus, just can’t see us agreeing to that.

Maybe an option to buy i.e. first refusal, but surely not a compulsory purchase?
Back when we signed Barkley and after he started so brightly and being asked if we’re looking to make the deal permanent or if there’s a clause I’m pretty sure he said it’s just a loan nothing more, will have to go back and go through the interviews but I’m 90% sure.

So I’m really not worried, wouldn’t make sense for a player who’s quite injury prone and hasn’t really done much since his Everton days.

but would Doris have headed the winner vs us
This season perhaps but not next season as she has been able to get her purple rinse perm done yesterday when the hairdressers opened. It costs a fair chunk of her pension to get her hair done and she wouldn't spoil it by heading the ball. She has a mean bicycle kick though having spent many a season under the expert tutelage of Deadly Doug.

Whatever next?...... a rumour on the transfer rumour thread!

Ok, relax, it's on BirminghamLive but it's being rumoured that we are looking at a 22 yr old Turkish goalkeeper..... yes, a goalkeeper, named Altay Bayindir. He's been Fenerbache's man between the sticks for the last two and a half seasons.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...s/aston-villa-transfer-news-bayindir-20369782

Also, it's on HITC;

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/...-and-newcastle-will-scout-12m-target-tonight/

Surely we'd only be looking at a goalkeeper IF we let both Heaton and Steer go?.....

I think successful clubs look at quality players all the time regardless of current need, we have to stop thinking small we need a 25 man squad with 3 top keepers and 22 outfield players who are genuinely fighting for the first-team spot. We can't hang about, there is only limited opportunity to sign players.

We don't know if the rumours are true and we don't know how good this keeper is

It's been at least a month now since the Birmingham Fail linked us with Rashica....
I really hope that we can pull this one off this summer. Rashica is a great player that would fit nicely into our approach - a wide man to provide a press and he can actually score goals. I do appreciate that the debate last summer was protracted and it appeared that he was looking to go elsewhere. We are a different prospect now and he might want to be tempted.

Another BS rumour from this website who also claimed we’re after Gerrard, this time it’s Martinez off to Man Utd with a “monster” bid, entertaining this for a quick minute, I don’t think we could do any better than Martinez, not only is he the best keeper in the Premiership for me but you can’t get a better likeable character who’s the perfect calming influence, For me he’s our second irreplaceable player and I’d reject even a 80m bid, he could easily have 8-9 years left in a Villa shirt.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...nster-martinez-offer-as-man-united-plot-raid/

Status
Not open for further replies.