BFSE not signed up for next season - yet | Page 2 | Vital Football

BFSE not signed up for next season - yet

I agree with most of what's been said. There was a point in the season when we were hard to watch but I would enjoy being at Priestfield at the moment. I preferred the way we played last season though.

It would be madness for Scally to get rid of Evans because of his behaviour. Given his behaviour has been far better than his history suggested. Style of football as has been said it is rather dictated by funds.I think there is a possibility Evans will get a offer he can't refuse.Better promotion prospects will be the motivation if he leaves not his personal income.Judging of Evans's comments. If Scally can't deliver a workable budget then I would say it is very likely Evans will leave .The budget will need to at least match this season which might not be easy to achieve. A double or treble budget offer might be hard to resist if ours is being trimmed. Player departures that Evans wants to keep and probably of a lack of funds for replacements might be the last straw if Evans has other offers on the table.

Ditto under Mad Dog in our champions season.
Big, physical and direct.

I saw quite a number of our training sessions at that time and there was a simple, unchanging formula practised relentlessly. Ultimately it became boring but oh how wonderful to carry everything before us and top the league. My only regret in the championship season was that he didn't pick a sensible team for our final game. A win at Burton would have overtaken the record of 1963/4.

It does make me wonder if PS might do a “shit or bust” season next year.

We quite often seem to have a cycle of 2/3 years of doldrums, no mark managers, just keeping our head above water, a load of cheap players generally from the leagues below and hoping they come good and click. Or that we unearth a gem.

Then occasionally he seems to go for it with a flourish of the chequebook and a well known or tried and tested manager at the helm. Think Jed, Mad Dog, Ternant even.

He may feel that risking it with Evans and Raynor might be one of those times.

It does make me wonder if PS might do a “shit or bust” season next year.

We quite often seem to have a cycle of 2/3 years of doldrums, no mark managers, just keeping our head above water, a load of cheap players generally from the leagues below and hoping they come good and click. Or that we unearth a gem.

Then occasionally he seems to go for it with a flourish of the chequebook and a well known or tried and tested manager at the helm. Think Jed, Mad Dog, Ternant even.

He may feel that risking it with Evans and Raynor might be one of those times.
Trouble is currently bust means just that and Scally walks away with nothing.So I would think there is very little chance. It is very difficult to see Evans or any other manager filling Priestfield next season regardless of results unless prices were rock bottom then of course money would still be a problem. Next season will still be about staying afloat for nearly half the division or more.

Trouble is currently bust means just that and Scally walks away with nothing.So I would think there is very little chance. It is very difficult to see Evans or any other manager filling Priestfield next season regardless of results unless prices were rock bottom then of course money would still be a problem. Next season will still be about staying afloat for nearly half the division or more.
Just that PS has seen what Evans can do with the lowest budget in the known universe. He may feel that if he loosened the purse strings a little it could open up a real chance of top 6 instead of just the normal close season rhetoric that gets rolled out.

When I say shit or bust it’s more just coining a phrase, if it failed I wouldn’t expect actual bust, more the doldrums and return of Peter Taylor for a couple of years whilst we recover for another crack.

Will Evans and Raynor be here next season? I hope so.

That said I feel this season in particular has been an advert for what Steve Evans can do with a low budget, Imagine what he can do for a club with a larger budget chasing promotion next time round.

If you assume that Scally gave Evans the maximum budget over the last few years.I believe the club must balance the books these days wages must not exceed around 65% of revenue over 3 years .This I believe might mean a tight budget next season I really can't see how Scally can spend more unless we suddenly get more season ticket holders. Something that is very unlikely in the current circumstances.
The only way money might go further is if players except less money. Something that will not happen for good established players.Another squad of young hopefuls almost certain.

Do I like the 'Evans' style of play? No! its bloody hard getting up at stupid o'clock to watch Gills playing football I don't like.
Do I like the results? hell yeah and that's what gets me out of bed.
Cant see Evans being at Gills more than one more season. Then I'll be able to get up enjoy Gills playing tippy tappy football and getting stuffed every week.