Prince Philip dead | Page 3 | Vital Football

Prince Philip dead

Seriously guys, this is a new low. I was under the (clearly misguided)impression this thread might actually just draw some respectful reflection of a great man's passing.

Seems I was wrong

Same old, same old 😴
Me too...

Yet you liked Shotshys tasteless first post that needlessly brought up the MM debate, so i don't think youre really in a position to throw stones.

Blokes died, and people want to turn it into another Prince Harry and MM rant. Sick.

I was at Bonhams auction house in Bond street a few years ago, when we were all ordered to stand still and not move by security guards. They said there was a VIP coming in, and it was Prince Phil. My abiding memory as he walked in with all the bodyguards was how small he was, a real short short-arse. Not a lot of people know that!

I was at Bonhams auction house in Bond street a few years ago, when we were all ordered to stand still and not move by security guards. They said there was a VIP coming in, and it was Prince Phil. My abiding memory as he walked in with all the bodyguards was how small he was, a real short short-arse. Not a lot of people know that!
A number of sites on Google has his height at 6'. Thats not particularly short is it?

Not sure if that was his height before old age, maybe? Dont people shrink by a couple of inches in old age?

you wont get any respect on here Nobby. Too many people connected to education, so that rules out respect, knowledge, common sense, intelligence, ability to do anything apart from making a complete pigs ear of our children's future.

Blimey , yet another hijacked thread.
Usual suspects , hate for Boris , Monarchy , Union Flag (and sadly) , lots of other causes.
The same people who press ignore when someone has a different opinion to theirs.

Me too...

Yet you liked Shotshys tasteless first post that needlessly brought up the MM debate, so i don't think youre really in a position to throw stones.

Blokes died, and people want to turn it into another Prince Harry and MM rant. Sick.
I was actually liking the comment about how unlucky he was not to make 100 years but I'll go hands up, fair cop guv. Maybe there should be a "half like" or "I like some of that post" button?
Like you said, a man has died, a woman has lost her husband of 73 years and all some are interested in is back biting and sniping. It's sad but is indicative of what this board has become. Its great hearing different opinions and having genuine debate but sometimes I feel I'm just reading the same hate thread over and over again.

Never "met" him as such but have stood in his company a number of times whilst working. As you say, he seems quite small but, even in his later years when he was getting quite frail I always felt in awe of him. I felt if I put a foot out of line he'd come down on me like a ton of bricks 😳

Think the coverage on tv was OTT IMO. The BBC had the same on BBC 1,BBC2 and the BBC News channel. Why?. And if you didn't like the BBC coverage you had the choice if ITV, Channel 5 or Sky. At one point Channel 4 even joined in.

Also not sure who selected the pre planned playlist that was played on the global network yesterday after the announcement. Utter fucking dirge and really depressing, as if the news of his passing wasn't sad enough.

That is criticism of the coverage, not the man, what he achieved or his service and loyalty to the queen and more importantly his family, plus 70 odd years of marriage, his own accomplishments both military and in his role as a member of the royal family. Some of his 'whoops' moments made him more likeable to the public.

As some commentators said yesterday not sure "as a man who didn't like a fuss" exactly what he would of thought of the all coverage tbh.

If we want the BBC for anything, TV or Radio, we must listen to/watch coverage of his death. All TV Channels including Parliament. All radio channels including 5 Live Sports Extra and 6 Music ffs.

I find this more disturbing than the so called limitations put on our freedom in order to save the whole of society from a deadly virus.

Obviously it's a massive story and would be mega covered by BBC1, but every single channel saying exactly the same thing at the same time?

ITV was no better. I was looking forward to seeing Leanne and Simon being hunted down by drug dealers for grassing.

That is criticism of the coverage, not the man, what he achieved or his service and loyalty to the queen and more importantly his family, plus 70 odd years of marriage, his own accomplishments both military and in his role as a member of the royal family. Some of his 'whoops' moments made him more likeable to the public.

As some commentators said yesterday not sure "as a man who didn't like a fuss" exactly what he would of thought of the all coverage tbh.

I agree. All the announcements that have come out of Buck House seem to imply that the man himself wanted as little fuss as possible, knowing of course that there will be a lot that would be unavoidable.

No lying in state, don't lay flowers if possible, funeral to follow Covid guidelines.

I just get the impression that he would have said not to wear black and no sombre music for his funeral, as many of us (me included) would. Tradition will demand otherwise.

His whole life was about positivity and practicality. A fitting tribute would just be to remember him often and fondly.

Or his bodyguards were really tall

Think the coverage on tv was OTT IMO. The BBC had the same on BBC 1,BBC2 and the BBC News channel. Why?. And if you didn't like the BBC coverage you had the choice if ITV, Channel 5 or Sky. At one point Channel 4 even joined in.

Also not sure who selected the pre planned playlist that was played on the global network yesterday after the announcement. Utter fucking dirge and really depressing, as if the news of his passing wasn't sad enough.

I agree. You could tell the beeb had a protocol they had agreed well before it actually happened. A standard 'pre-agreed reaction' when a royal dies. I think the reaction was a bit OTT though personally. I would expect that for the queen, or a heir to the throne or PM, but maybe it wasnt needed for the prince consort.

Also, the speed the obituaries came out you could tell they had a pre written version too. Its not the first time either, ive seen obituaries written very quickly after other celebrity deaths.

I would imagine its someone's job to pre write obituaries of old famous people who they think will die soon. Seems pretty dark to me. Wonder who they are writing one about next!?🤣

Me too...

I love the way you accused shotshy of being obsessed with Harry and MM, yet on the thread about them and Oprah, it was you who seemed more obsessed than anyone about it, It was you who promptly replied and slated shotshy and it’s you who are checking out shotshy’s post to see who has “liked” it and are still droning on about it now. If that’s not obsessed, I don’t know what is?

What is it about MM you like/love, fella? Is it her radiant smile? Lovely nature? Or wonderful talented acting career?

I love the way you accused shotshy of being obsessed with Harry and MM, yet on the thread about them and Oprah, it was you who seemed more obsessed than anyone about it, It was you who promptly replied and slated shotshy and it’s you who are checking out shotshy’s post to see who has “liked” it and are still droning on about it now. If that’s not obsessed, I don’t know what is?

What is it about MM you like/love, fella? Is it her radiant smile? Lovely nature? Or wonderful talented acting career?
If i reply are you going to accuse me of droning on about it again?

I dont even know where to start with your respknse tbh. What a fcking sad moron you must be with the kind of logic going through your head to lead to this response.

It was shitshy that tastelessly brought it up on this thread. Not me. All i did was tell him how classless he was in doing so given a blokes died. Have some fcking respect for the bloke that's died.

Last edited: