NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 588 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't discount how big of a deal Amr Zaki and Ali Al-Habsi were in the not-too-distant past in the middle east either. Certainly will have given us at least some name-recognition, and just looking now Talal Al-Hammad follows Al-Habsi on Twitter, the only non-Wigan player on the list so obviously knows of him and the link there.

"The first time I heard about Wigan Athletic, it was when Amr Zaki was performing fabulously during the period in which he represented the club. Also, Wigan Athletic is well known in our Arab region due to the presence of popular players such as Ali Al Habsi, Mido, Zaki and Samy Morsy" - Talal Al-Hammad.

Wigan Athletic FC - The First Words… Talal Al-Hammad

I told you!! :LOL:

606 pages on this long drawn out takeover, with over 12,100 post n as Arthur_Itis said a few fall outs along the way.....hopefully with a new beginning we can get back to discussing what we actually saw at the DW in the not too distant future & who knows we might even have a visit from our new chairman / owner....Mr Abdulrahman Al Jasmi & we can give him a warm Latics welcome.

Thank you so much our saviours from overseas.
No gratitude to those parasites from over the Pennines.
Onwards and upwards.
Avanti!
Salem alaikem brothers.

Just been asked to post this on here, Begbie Traynor's are holding a celebratory get together at the DW on Thursday morning.

Due to covid restrictions there are limited places for this informal Champagne and Canapés gathering, so they are asking for a limited number of fans to be present, if you can make it please PM me your details, it is on a first come first served basis so be quick before it is announced on other social media platforms.

Has any other set of supporters ever gone through the emotions we have over the years? All those in replica tops in Wigan pubs have missed out on the trip of a lifetime and they're too thick to realise what is under their noses.

Well more fool them! Best club in the world and a new chapter begins for us. No doubt a chapter full of frustration but ultimately uplifting and emotional. And I wouldn't swap it for the world.

606 pages on this long drawn out takeover, with over 12,100 post n as Arthur_Itis said a few fall outs along the way.....hopefully with a new beginning we can get back to discussing what we actually saw at the DW in the not too distant future & who knows we might even have a visit from our new chairman / owner....Mr Abdulrahman Al Jasmi & we can give him a warm Latics welcome.
Warm welcome indeed. Will be overcome with emotion Jock. It will be amazing. Looking forward to new stadium name, new shirt sponsorship, new fan flags. This is amazing. Nine months of hell.

I agree, i think the 'stress' of the last few months caused some fall-outs,
as our nerves were taken to 'breaking point'.

"The first time I heard about Wigan Athletic, it was when Amr Zaki was performing fabulously during the period in which he represented the club. Also, Wigan Athletic is well known in our Arab region due to the presence of popular players such as Ali Al Habsi, Mido, Zaki and Samy Morsy" - Talal Al-Hammad.

Wigan Athletic FC - The First Words… Talal Al-Hammad

I told you!! :LOL:

Funny to think signing Zaki and the others a decade ago could've potentially sown the seeds for something so major in the distant future.

Who knows how much of difference it genuinely made to this deal happening but strange to think something like that could've been the difference in attracting the new owners initial interest.

Has any other set of supporters ever gone through the emotions we have over the years? All those in replica tops in Wigan pubs have missed out on the trip of a lifetime and they're too thick to realise what is under their noses.

Well more fool them! Best club in the world and a new chapter begins for us. No doubt a chapter full of frustration but ultimately uplifting and emotional. And I wouldn't swap it for the world.
We might be called 'pie-eaters' in Wigan, but i like 'Cod and Chips'

It’s been a long hard road. The threat of extinction, the threat of the club being moved to Leigh, the thread of Pollard, the threat of Moreno and loss of the academy. Thank the Lord we have avoided all of this. We may all have argued and fell out at one time or other over this, but given the emotional attachment we all have to the club I think that’s only inevitable. If ever there’s a time to leave all that in the past, now is it. As our new owner has said, a new era has begun.

Cheers all 🍻

Just been asked to post this on here, Begbie Traynor's are holding a celebratory get together at the DW on Thursday morning.

Due to covid restrictions there are limited places for this informal Champagne and Canapés gathering, so they are asking for a limited number of fans to be present, if you can make it please PM me your details, it is on a first come first served basis so be quick before it is announced on other social media platforms.

A well intended post LMB, but why anyone would want to drink with Krasner & Stanley is beyond me. If it’s to turf them out on their arse then that’s another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.