R.I.P. Charlie Crickmore | Vital Football

R.I.P. Charlie Crickmore

That's very sad. Charlie was a proper, tricky, old fashioned, goal scoring winger. He was probably my favourite Gills player when I were but a lad and I was gutted when he moved to Norwich. Anyway, fast forward to a holiday I spent with my best friend some time later at his sisters place in Lowestoft. We decided to fit in a Norwich home game with the main reason being to watch our hero in the flesh, tearing up Carrow Rd. We turned up on the day to find he'd been dropped to the reserves. "And where are they playing?" we asked. Gillingham, was the reply. True story.

The date at the top of the report is October 2018, so you are right
Thanks.
Welcome TelP
You'll find this is a rather unusual "football" website, to put it mildly. A thick skin will come in useful.
Good luck.
:-)

Scored the goal at the first game at highbury in the three games v arsenal in 1966 cup run.

Arsenal kicked us off the park in the second reply. No television coverage in those days and if was wearing a blue top and moved it got kicked.

Proper quick with a good shot Charlie scored a good few goals for a winger. He and John Meredith offered contrasting styles on either flank but Charlie was the eye catcher. He starred in one of the best prformances by a Basil Hayward side, the 2-0 midweek win over Rotherhaam in October 1968. Tommy Docherty, recently taken on as their manager, was moved to bid £20,000 for him. That was a lot of money back then.