The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

Yeah, when you put it like that we're not bad for a team that would be battling relegation without Grealish ffs 🙄;)
Totally agree our problem is we put everything through Jack for obvious reasons so when he's not there we're clueless we're not a bad team at all certainly not relegation fodder we just need to find a way of playing without Jack and we will be fine.

His one intercepting tackle in the second half was very impressive, I think he's a fabulous defender. Was unlucky with the first chance as well, he was stretching, the ball was moving away and you would think any contact and it would have gone in. 2nd one, well, we'll swiftly move on!

A lot think buying players from the Championship is not aiming high enough. I think we made a good choice bringing players like Konsa from there. Players like him have something to prove, the Barkleys of this world think they have nothing to prove and seem bored with it all and cost far more money than they are really worth.

He is very clever too, he knows how to win those irritating free-kicks. Today Dunk didnt go over from a challenge by Maupay and they almost conceded because of it. Those sorts of street smarts are a huge dividing line between great defenders and intelligent defenders.

We should be looking at bringing in more players like Konsa and not have the piss taken out of us by other clubs looking to offload a player not good enough for them anymore. We just need to wait a bit for them to adapt to the prem. Konsa is now good enough to play for England, That's the way forward for me.

Konsa is without doubt England material. Defensively he is as strong as any one this season, the stats back that up. But it’s on the ball as well where he excels, as Thomas said above when he’s on the ball I’m as calm as a you like. He sometimes even does little feints to make players move which open up space, he’s a superb, superb footballer. Martinez is also a superb football too, they’re like too quality golfers with a 9 iron approaching the Green the way they ping balls around. He could probably make it as a midfielder if we were desperate.

Huge fan of the guy, he just gets better and better and better. I also like that Mings is regarded and credited by other fans and pundits as the more experienced and vital cog in our defensive wheel, but I know which one I’d prefer to see sold for big money and it’s not Konsa because I think he is much harder to replace he’s that unique.

Konsa is without doubt England material. Defensively he is as strong as any one this season, the stats back that up. But it’s on the ball as well where he excels, as Thomas said above when he’s on the ball I’m as calm as a you like. He sometimes even does little feints to make players move which open up space, he’s a superb, superb footballer. Martinez is also a superb football too, they’re like too quality golfers with a 9 iron approaching the Green the way they ping balls around. He could probably make it as a midfielder if we were desperate.

Huge fan of the guy, he just gets better and better and better. I also like that Mings is regarded and credited by other fans and pundits as the more experienced and vital cog in our defensive wheel, but I know which one I’d prefer to see sold for big money and it’s not Konsa because I think he is much harder to replace he’s that unique.

Summed up perfectly :clap:

I think the thing with Konsa - and all of the other defenders for that matter - is that he is happy at the club. He likes the fact that Dean Smith has shown confidence in him and bought him twice. Smith wanted him at Brentford and was prepared to give him a chance in the PL as well. That is a different kind of relationship to the likes of Dias going to Citeh where he was just bought because he was established and they wanted the best. Dean Smith - for all his supposed faults - shows loyalty and I hope he gets it in return. Villa are a club on the up and Konsa will want to be a part of it. He is going nowhere!

Quietly going about his business is Mr Konsa.

He looks like he is going to be a class act in my humble. Only 22. Very exciting prospect

Am I the only one that sees a touch of the Rio Ferdinands about him?

Like him or loathe him Rio was a classy defender.

Said this back in Jan last year . I was thinking Rio instead of Maldini

Just get on with it doesn't he, heads, it clears it or can run it out of defence and I think he's a threat at the other end too.
Best defender I've seen coming through since McGrath , just needs to get pissed more and he'll be the second coming