Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
MA is talking about getting most of the injured players fit by the Oxford game in three weeks' time, so don't expect to see any of them being rushed back. It sounds as if he is trying to pick up as many points as he can in the interim before having an assault on the final ten games.

Very impressed with the teams effort today, Edun really stood out for me along with McGrandes. Jones looked fitter and sharper too.

Both Poole and Bramall both looked like they were fully up to speed with the way we are playing - the signs are looking good for them.

I still have faith these players and MA can take us over the line and up to the Championship this season. No one is running away with it and lots of games coming think and fast for all teams.

Up the imps 🔴⚪

Well, we played well today and won comfortably. I was quiet on here during the match because not only was I watching the match, I was keeping an eye on an accumulator I'd put on.

It is safe to say our result was far better than mine!
£60 free bets at Donny today from Betfair. First 2 races second place, beaten by 33/1 and 40/1 rags despite beating the short priced favourites. 13/2 later on saved the day.
I managed to pay attention to most of our much improved performance though.
Meanwhile, my mate won £250 on a 7 fold accumulator. Swansea concede a late equaliser and win with a later penalty. Lucky lucky boy!

£60 free bets at Donny today from Betfair. First 2 races second place, beaten by 33/1 and 40/1 rags despite beating the short priced favourites. 13/2 later on saved the day.
I managed to pay attention to most of our much improved performance though.
Meanwhile, my mate won £250 on a 7 fold accumulator. Swansea concede a late equaliser and win with a later penalty. Lucky lucky boy!

Decided to do the "Up for 8" on 888, then it showed the results I had chosen as an accumulator, so I decided to put £10.00 on with the winnings at just over £14,400.00 if it came in.

Of course, it didn't.

That's 80 goals for the season now (81) and 50-up in the league alone (51). City still lead the way in all domestic competitions from Manchester City (76), and only Hull (56) and Peterborough (52) have scored more in League One.

One thing the table is showing are that there are so few teams in decent form.

Starting with Hull (1st) out of the last 5 games, the amount of wins is 3, 3, 2, 4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, and 0 (Oxford in 10th).

That’s more like it, best we’ve been in middle of the park for few games. Jones much improved from Tuesday. Johnson seems to have found his spark again. Bramall’s best performance. Jackson finding his best form now and starting to look very dependable. Morton makes superb runs which helps Johnson and Rogers also find space. Edun decent as a 4. McGrandles excellent. Johnson or McGrandles tight call for MOTM for me.

The result of this = three excellent goals, all superb moves.

Was anything said about whereabouts of Sanders? Sorry if I’ve missed it.

Superb win must admit I feared the worst before kick off but so many players were back on song today and we scored some cracking goals.

With Posh playing Hull on Tuesday we have the chance to really close the gap on them.

Well, they certainly made me eat my words. That was more like the performance I have being getting my hopes up for all season. Not the one that had me again thinking, same old, same old, promising so much, hopes held up high only to be dashed away.
Fleetwood won away at Shrews, which means the midweek result may not have been, so much us playing not as well.
Other results (apart from Posh, went against us too, showing how important it was to win today, and from here on in to keep winning.
Funnily enough the next set of matches could be very telling. with us, Hull and Sunderland all away, and against promotion rivals. Win at Ipswich, and the others draw, then the last few games where we under performed and lost, may not be so bad after all. A dose of humility and reality, as well as a kick up the arse is probably what we needed after leading the way so long.
Thankfully, the team responded to said boot today and put us right back in it. Had we of lost, I think we would have fallen away and dropped out the play-off places.

So ,I was unpicking the recent reverse in fortunes . and in an epiphany moment it came to me oh yes , it came to me ! My lucky scarf!. Redundant since lockdown this beauty is one of one of the many Tootal scarfs I possess . Yes, we are the Mods . Its been there through the NL promotion through to League status and into League 1. Its not been to The Emirates or Wembley.Thats another story . No trouble. I sported my special lucky Tootal beauty today and boom! Say no more , say no more . So come on Imps dig out your lucky pants ,or whatever works and lets get over the line ! UTI
Thank you, you deserve Man of the Match!

Status
Not open for further replies.