Evans contracted until summer 2022 | Vital Football

Evans contracted until summer 2022

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
From the man himself on a bbc radio Kent interview

does that mean we have a better chance of keeping those players we have or, as the article suggest he will still leave as as scally and the budget doesn’t match his ambitions?

sorry I have no idea how to link the article

If true, very good news for me. If Evans stays I expect us to have a serious go at the play-offs next season.
We will have no money again next season. If we lose Graham, Dempsey and Ogilvie then things might get a bit tricky but for all his faults Evans knows how to wheel and deal another bunch of journeymen into a reasonable team.

That's OK. In the current climate I'm happy to still have a team to support. Beyond that any optimism seems like a bit of a fantasy.

Can`t find any reports to confirm it, but I believe Dempsey is on a 2 year deal (vague recollection of that said in radio interview). If we can hang on to Demps, Ogilvie and Graham the outlook is good.
Just watched Steve Evans’ post MK Dons match zoom iFollow Interview, and one of the things he said was regarding Graham,

“he was working really hard, which he has to do if he wants to play in the league above next year.”

So I think Graham’s aspirations may be higher than Gills next season.

We got offers in January for him. He'll get offers in the summer as a free agent
This is part of the problem with the current system. If you for example can afford to make a small bid for a player.Clubs probably know that bid will get rejected. But it alerts the player to interested parties thus almost guaranteeing that Graham will leave as we simply can't match a wage of any Championship club.

Last edited:
This is part of the problem with the current system. If you for example can afford to make a small bid for a player.Clubs probably know that bid will get rejected. But it alerts the player to interested parties thus almost guaranteeing that Graham will leave as we simply can't march a wage of any Championship club.
In these days of football agents, you do not need to make a pointless transfer bid to alert a player of interest. You can be confident that if a club wants a player, they will speak to the agent in the first instance to register their interest and gauge the players interest in a move.

In these days of football agents, you do not need to make a pointless transfer bid to alert a player of interest. You can be confident that if a club wants a player, they will speak to the agent in the first instance to register their interest and gauge the players interest in a move.
That's true but a bid would also show that the club are serious and probably stop any chance of the player signing a new deal.I am sure there have been examples of players like perhaps Luke Rooney to pluck a name out of the air .Who may well have got totally sold a dream by a agent to encourage him to move on based largely on supposed interest that was the work of fiction.

Last edited:
This is part of the problem with the current system. If you for example can afford to make a small bid for a player.Clubs probably know that bid will get rejected. But it alerts the player to interested parties thus almost guaranteeing that Graham will leave as we simply can't match a wage of any Championship club.

My suspicion is that there was a recognition when Graham signed that he did so in order to

a) remain in the public eye
b) get paid

and we allowed him to do this as we would benefit from a Championship quality player for a season. I suppose it is similar to signing Egan in that we knew we got a top talent and were happy to benefit for a couple of seasons while he used us as a stepping stone. Why Graham picked us could simply be down to fitting in the previous season and didn't want to gamble elsewhere.

Agents get paid when players move. Its in their interest to convince their player to move. Its highly likely that Grahams agent has touted him around and got a few options for the summer. Good luck to him. He seems like a really decent person as well as one of the best players we have had. Shame we never got to enjoy him attacking a full Rainham End.

I have a hunch he might end up back with his home town club.

If we carry on from today and just miss the playoffs which i think is likely i think that those players will want to stay with SE for his last year and a last crack at it.
Possibly the likes of Ogilvie could be persuaded to stay on, but I think Graham will leave as he could easily earn double in the Championship to what we could pay him. A bit like when Eaves left us for Hull, he was on something like £6k a week up there (probably a bit less this season since they were relegated) and we can’t get near those sort or figures.

Possibly the likes of Ogilvie could be persuaded to stay on, but I think Graham will leave as he could easily earn double in the Championship to what we could pay him. A bit like when Eaves left us for Hull, he was on something like £6k a week up there (probably a bit less this season since they were relegated) and we can’t get near those sort or figures.
Word in Sarf Lundun is that Jordan will move up the road to the Spotters for next season, unless he gets a higher offer from elsewhere.
He needed this season to show prospective employers that he can do most of the season.
He was pretty invisible for most of the game yesterday but still produced that defence splitting pass to Dempsey for him to lay on the second goal.