Football Media | Page 33 | Vital Football

Football Media

I am with Micah on this, it will not add anything, just make it even harder to get anyone to do a thankless job. If managers can't except decisions that go against them, they should try another job.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56244132
It works in rugby but they have far more time and natural breaks during which the discussions between their TMO and the on field official can take place.

Mind you it didn’t result in avoiding some dodgy decisions in the Wales-England match at the weekend although I have to say that was an aberration as more often than not the decisions reached are correct.

Barcelona are in deep doo-doo. I haven’t delved into it deeply tonight (it’s late and I’ve enjoyed a glass or two) but it is worth looking into in the wider scheme of things.
https://apnews.com/article/europe-m...ional-soccer-253fcadff83a9d5a65c8afd768d7e228

Well, doubtless our friend Tebas would describe this as a Witch Hunt but in fact it is simply exposing one of the worst kept secrets in European football - that the top Spanish clubs have benefitted for years from what were effectively state subsidies and favourable treatment. It got RM out of a massive hole years ago and now it is exposing other clubs. Which makes the hypocrisy of Texas & co even more stark.....

Barcelona are in deep doo-doo. I haven’t delved into it deeply tonight (it’s late and I’ve enjoyed a glass or two) but it is worth looking into in the wider scheme of things.
https://apnews.com/article/europe-m...ional-soccer-253fcadff83a9d5a65c8afd768d7e228
Having to pay back a few million euros for 20 years of tax avoidance will hardly break any of these four clubs. There would appear to be a prima facie case though for the other European leauges to mount a court case for compensation for unfair advantage. The 4 clubs need to be stripped of all the Europen Cups over the 20 years.

‘GOODNESS ME’: LIVERPOOL FANS HORRIFIED BY ‘SHAMEFUL’ STAT INVOLVING £35M MAN CITY ACE
‘Goodness me’: Liverpool fans horrified by ‘shameful’ stat involving £35m Man City ace (hitc.com)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I loved this bit ...... “Liverpool haven’t actually scored a goal from open play at Anfield since Sadio Mane netted against West Brom on December 27th.” Now that is poor. They can make all the excuses they want about their defensive injury list but it cannot explain this stat. It seems to me that it comes from two sources - players not applying themselves and Klopp being unable to coach them any differently to find solutions against teams who might have been doing some planning how to negate their attacks.

So it just occurred to me ........Chelsea’s Arrizabalaga is not injured but has not featured in goal for them for the last four matches.

He cost £72m. Top whack for a keeper anywhere in the world........Can anyone recall any fuss being made about him being dropped/benched/out of favour and ‘LOOK AT HOW MUCH HE COST’ outrage from the pundits?

So it just occurred to me ........Chelsea’s Arrizabalaga is not injured but has not featured in goal for them for the last four matches.

He cost £72m. Top whack for a keeper anywhere in the world........Can anyone recall any fuss being made about him being dropped/benched/out of favour and ‘LOOK AT HOW MUCH HE COST’ outrage from the pundits?

I remember coming home from work one day and they were talking about Bobby Charlton going through his life story and the goal he had scored and I thought he had died... No he had been dropped from the Team. I knew then what the priorities were in terms of news.

I remember coming home from work one day and they were talking about Bobby Charlton going through his life story and the goal he had scored and I thought he had died... No he had been dropped from the Team. I knew then what the priorities were in terms of news.

Be thankful that you don't live in a two club city where the local radio and news are dominated by the other club,don't get me wrong I acknowledge that Forest are a bigger club with 5X the fans of Notts but we could go Anfield and win 0-3 and the back pages of the Nottingham Post would be all about Forests draw against Luton

Be thankful that you don't live in a two club city where the local radio and news are dominated by the other club,don't get me wrong I acknowledge that Forest are a bigger club with 5X the fans of Notts but we could go Anfield and win 0-3 and the back pages of the Nottingham Post would be all about Forests draw against Luton

I did work if a place which had Manchester attached to both clubs but my jurisdiction finished at the border which made me happy, but I know exactly how you felt about your club being ignored, especially when they scream the name of the player that scored, but when we did it was as though it was a surprise and how dare they.

You are doing well, but is Covid getting in the way, you have had a few postponements.

Notts are in the playoffs with about 2/3 games in hand with clubs around them,I can't see us in the only automatic spot but we should be in the mix,top three finish is the aim as clubs that finish 4th - 7th in the playoffs have to play more games,Covid took it's toll on the fixtures but things are evening out now due to Tuesday night games

Thanks for noticing :thumbup:

Be aware this programme is going to broadcast starting on Monday 22 March on BBC1 (3 episodes).

Football's Darkest Secret
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ths4

It will feature Barry Bennell and the awful abuse that he and other coaches subjected young boys to over many years. As such it is bound to bring MCFC into the frame given Bennell's association with the club however brief.