Good Morning Thread

Our biggest imports in monetary value are
1. Gems and precious metals
2. Machinery including computers
3. Vehicles
4. Electrical machinery
5. Mineral fuels
6. Pharmaceuticals
7 Optical, technical and medical apparatus.

I'm not sure about number 1 but could most of the others change. ?
The need to import them begs the question...why ?

Our biggest imports in monetary value are
1. Gems and precious metals
2. Machinery including computers
3. Vehicles
4. Electrical machinery
5. Mineral fuels
6. Pharmaceuticals
7 Optical, technical and medical apparatus.

I'm not sure about number 1 but could most of the others change. ?
The need to import them begs the question...why ?

2) 3D Printing will change this

3) 3D Printing will change this

4) 3D Printing will change this

5) Hydrogen and electric power will change this

6) It's up to the UK to change this and look for alternatives including better medical testing which includes but is not exclusive to nanotechnology.

7) 3D Printing will change this.

You need to secure a consistent supply of raw materials and develop composite materials for 3D printing yourselves. R&D. Canada is your best option but Canada needs to get off its arse and start to pull the materials needed out of the ground. Until then it's either China or the US.

That's the confusion though. If you have the ability to move your operations around your different legal trading entities (e.g. INC US, BV EU, Ltd UK etc) then what do you keep in the UK? Where do you pay your taxes?

As an example, when the USA lowered it's repatriation tax rates, every US owned tech company started to shift jobs back to the US. When Brexit was thrown on top of that you could literally watch as lay-offs happened in places like the UK to be replaced with new headcount back at the mother ship or in cheaper countries. I watched it with my own eyes.

Then we've seen the big car companies exit and even companies like Barclays moving operations over to Ireland. I hope you're right, but fear that corporate tax haven is a pipe dream. What is very real us that your UK legal entity will be paying 6% more tax within 2 years.

Higher taxes always over the long term push the tax income down, however many countries are now in the same boat, so we'll get some leeway for a few years, then we'll have to drive them down as fast as we can - and as history teaches us, tax income overall will go up!

Well good morning all, befuddled one here!
I have read every post from late yesterday afternoon till now, very interesting, but I have to admit it is all to much for me and way over the top of my head lol! thick or what, yet before I was forced to retire, Mrs PY's disability, I/we ran a successful £10 - £12m a year turnover company, each to there own I suppose.

A question for you more in the know than me....what do you think of Rishi's budget?

Great start ...heating did not fire up. Checked boiler...water level disappeared. Meant a leak somewhere in the closed pressurised heating system. Checked all rads...no signs at input/output. Topped up the boiler and fired it up. Woooosh water flowing down from ceiling through a downlighter in downstairs shower room Immediately isolated the circuits to those lights at the comsumer unit. Switched off the bolier, sheets and towels on the floor. Water leak took 10 mins to stop dripping completely so hopefully it is just a push fit fitting that has loosened.
Now have to go into the eaves to see whee the leak is...masked up due to the insulation yuk .whooopdedooo.. if accessible and a simple fix will be me,,,complex will be my plumber mate...really serious...will be an Insurance Company Claim.
...keeps me out of mischief until the match at 1800! ...unless I am stuck or die in the eaves which is an extremely tight space.

Hope to speak later else Byeeeee

Great start ...heating did not fire up. Checked boiler...water level disappeared. Meant a leak somewhere in the closed pressurised heating system. Checked all rads...no signs at input/output. Topped up the boiler and fired it up. Woooosh water flowing down from ceiling through a downlighter in downstairs shower room Immediately isolated the circuits to those lights at the comsumer unit. Switched off the bolier, sheets and towels on the floor. Water leak took 10 mins to stop dripping completely so hopefully it is just a push fit fitting that has loosened.
Now have to go into the eaves to see whee the leak is...masked up due to the insulation yuk .whooopdedooo.. if accessible and a simple fix will be me,,,complex will be my plumber mate...really serious...will be an Insurance Company Claim.
...keeps me out of mischief until the match at 1800! ...unless I am stuck or die in the eaves which is an extremely tight space.

Hope to speak later else Byeeeee
Greavsie, whilst up there no eavesdropping ok!
Am not going to start the water jokes etc. lol!
Seriously mate sorry about the leak, bloody wet stuff can do so much damage, hope you get it fixed/sorted quickly.

Well good morning all, befuddled one here!
I have read every post from late yesterday afternoon till now, very interesting, but I have to admit it is all to much for me and way over the top of my head lol! thick or what, yet before I was forced to retire, Mrs PY's disability, I/we ran a successful £10 - £12m a year turnover company, each to there own I suppose.

A question for you more in the know than me....what do you think of Rishi's budget?

Anyone who runs a business successfully is no fool and is far from thick! You clearly have 'street smarts' and that's something you cannot teach ! Some of the most successful business owners I know had no great formal education, but you'd never know it from how successful they've been/are.

So don't do yourself down - I know better!

Greavsie, whilst up there no eavesdropping ok!
Am not going to start the water jokes etc. lol!
Seriously mate sorry about the leak, bloody wet stuff can do so much damage, hope you get it fixed/sorted quickly.

thanx pompey...got out the eaves alive all sorted a push fit joint was loose.flooring needs to dry out for a few days and then i can put the insulation back down.....no eavesdropping could not hear a thing in the coffin confinement area.... called a service route ha ha

Anyone who runs a business successfully is no fool and is far from thick! You clearly have 'street smarts' and that's something you cannot teach ! Some of the most successful business owners I know had no great formal education, but you'd never know it from how successful they've been/are.

So don't do yourself down - I know better!
Thanks for that Ex, yes agree "street smarts and wise" learnt a hell of a lot from my Military service/upbringing, RSM father, SM granddad, so me n me 2 bruvs didn't stand much of a chance lol!
I did leave school with 10 O'Levels and got 2 A'Levels whilst signed up.
I do say thick etc, not attention seeking lol! but for a laugh and Politics seems to go right over my head unless I decide to do a bit of research, thanks again.

thanx pompey...got out the eaves alive all sorted a push fit joint was loose.flooring needs to dry out for a few days and then i can put the insulation back down.....no eavesdropping could not hear a thing in the coffin confinement area.... called a service route ha ha
That's great Greavsie, now you can rest with no worries, sit down n watch us triumph over Fulham this evening.

Last year our neighbour, lovely old Irish lady, asked me to have a look in her house because she had a problem, understatement, water everywhere, downstairs kitchen, bedroom above, the boiler in the attic blown to eff, the damage was horrific, did my bit, turn off supply, electrics, plus called my plumber oppo, got it sorted, but then came the redecoration, took nearly a week.
Her attitude was bloody amazing "its only material things and I am still here" hats off to her.

Oh yes! about an hour ago door bell goes, answer door nobody in sight not a dicky bird, on the front step was this flat cardboard box, so indoors opened it, bloody tears in my eyes.....

It was a Black n White framed/signed picture of Stevie Perryman n Ossie Ardiles holding the 1981 FA Cup aloft.

There are some kind hearted people about, I have no bloody idea who left it, so anyway a MASSIVE THANK YOU to whomever you are.
Come On You Spurs.

Oh yes! about an hour ago door bell goes, answer door nobody in sight not a dicky bird, on the front step was this flat cardboard box, so indoors opened it, bloody tears in my eyes.....

It was a Black n White framed/signed picture of Stevie Perryman n Ossie Ardiles holding the 1981 FA Cup aloft.

There are some kind hearted people about, I have no bloody idea who left it, so anyway a MASSIVE THANK YOU to whomever you are.
Come On You Spurs.

OK I'll own up......................................................

was not me

I hope everyone's is well and Greavise's place dries out soon.

Pompey, you're so humble and incredibly successful in what you've achieved over the years. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses in differing areas my friend.

I however, appear to have too many weaknesses, in too many areas.

Woke up to a mild blue Autumn day today, 22 degrees overnight with a top of 31C. Hoping the weekend is dry as we've had plenty of rain. Some places received 120mm in one hour on Wednesday. When it rains in Australia, it f**king chucks it down.

I had enough of work yesterday. We've moved out of our building, (rented it out to a doctor) and we're buying a huge warehouse type building, so in the interim, we're working in a serviced office environment. It is incredible. Not sure if anyone has seen the Google HQ, but this is awfully like that! Putting greens, free food, soft drinks, tea, coffee and beer/wine etc. Common areas, private rooms etc.

The downside is that I'm sitting almost on top of the owner of our business, who has become so interfering and micro managing everyone. Very counter productive.

So yesterday, whilst he was out of the office, I snuck away and took some time out for Hoddle. Got a hair cut, pulled the Mustang out of the garage and went for a 3 hour blast. Checking and replying to e-mails from the side of the road, had a few bourbons and generally relaxed and reflected on how lucky we are here in Australia.

We can't seen to roll out this vaccination for the life of us, but hey, its not exactly running rampant over here. The only cases are incoming international travelers in hotel quarantine...with the Russian strain....which is very nasty indeed.

Friday morning and owner will be in office soon, so I'd better get my act together and resemble someone who can be bothered.

Y'all take care and be kind to one another.

Take it easy Ex. Still in my prayers buddy.

So all the pressure and hard work by frontline NHS workers trying to keep people alive due to the incompetence of s govt of an island that could not close its borders in good time (like Australia) because economy ruked firstly! ...and what do they get 1% payrise....OUTRAGEOUS MISJUSTICE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. I doubt there are more than 0.5% of the population in agreement with this abhorent kick in the teeth.

They say thay cant afford more - they can by easung expenditure designed to make fat cats richer like HS2....

PUT 1p on all our income tax specifically for rewarding the NHS ....how many of us would object to his?

In my high level estimation this would put £6.5 billion in the coffers and as current wage bill is around £47 billion this could equate to a 7% pay rise.

Budget of 47 billion does not include Govt (DHSS) or GP's or temps...so my rough calc is for all front liners!!!!

:gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp:

Last edited:
So all the pressure and hard work by frontline NHS workers trying to keep people alive due to the incompetence of s govt of an island that could not close its borders in good time (like Australia) because economy ruked firstly! ...and what do they get 1% payrise....OUTRAGEOUS MISJUSTICE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. I doubt there are more than 0.5% of the population in agreement with this abhorent kick in the teeth.

They say thay cant afford more - they can by easung expenditure designed to make fat cats richer like HS2....

PUT 1p on all our income tax specifically for rewarding the NHS ....how many of us would object to his?

In my high level estimation this would put £6.5 billion in the coffers and as current wage bill is around £47 billion this could equate to a 7% pay rise.

Budget of 47 billion does not include Govt (DHSS) or GP's or temps...so my rough calc is for all front liners!!!!

:gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp::gimp:
Your idea Greavsie, thumbs up, but way to easy.

I hope everyone's is well and Greavise's place dries out soon.

Pompey, you're so humble and incredibly successful in what you've achieved over the years. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses in differing areas my friend.

I however, appear to have too many weaknesses, in too many areas.

Woke up to a mild blue Autumn day today, 22 degrees overnight with a top of 31C. Hoping the weekend is dry as we've had plenty of rain. Some places received 120mm in one hour on Wednesday. When it rains in Australia, it f**king chucks it down.

I had enough of work yesterday. We've moved out of our building, (rented it out to a doctor) and we're buying a huge warehouse type building, so in the interim, we're working in a serviced office environment. It is incredible. Not sure if anyone has seen the Google HQ, but this is awfully like that! Putting greens, free food, soft drinks, tea, coffee and beer/wine etc. Common areas, private rooms etc.

The downside is that I'm sitting almost on top of the owner of our business, who has become so interfering and micro managing everyone. Very counter productive.

So yesterday, whilst he was out of the office, I snuck away and took some time out for Hoddle. Got a hair cut, pulled the Mustang out of the garage and went for a 3 hour blast. Checking and replying to e-mails from the side of the road, had a few bourbons and generally relaxed and reflected on how lucky we are here in Australia.

We can't seen to roll out this vaccination for the life of us, but hey, its not exactly running rampant over here. The only cases are incoming international travelers in hotel quarantine...with the Russian strain....which is very nasty indeed.

Friday morning and owner will be in office soon, so I'd better get my act together and resemble someone who can be bothered.

Y'all take care and be kind to one another.

Take it easy Ex. Still in my prayers buddy.
Hey there Hoddle10, glad all is ok downunder, well as best as can be expected.
Thanks for the complement, I told Mrs PY that you said I was "humble" well the laughter went on for bloody hours, she is right though "humble" is not the word to describe me lol! and yes I think we have been relatively successful in our lives, grass roots hard bloody work, loads of ups n downs but hey that's life, thanks anyway mate.

Been up the Ville usual shopping trip, the town was very busy, no market as per the norm these days, not even the "meat man".

Weather wise, sunny, cloudy, sunny make your mind up eh! though must admit the temp has dropped considerably.

Has a couple of cups of char with a couple of oppo's, great banter, sarcasm, extremes etc put the bloody world to rights, gov ought to have a chat with us it is so simple lol!

Anyway, keep smiling, be happy and keep your eyes peeled, be safe! you and your kin, happy days are almost here again. Cheers!