Scally and Evans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scally and Evans

He's a fcking idiot tosspot. Perry, that is. Every post has an anti scally or anti evans angle. You could ask him the weather and he'd find a way to moan about Evans or Scally. Its very odd and he is obsessed. I wonder why he even supports gfc. Its amusing that the two most vocal admin from that group are two fans who boycott home games and instead watch more of folkestone than gfc. They seem to be running the wrong group.

Well said Alphabet, I thought it was me!!

ST sales are a looming problem for us and others and chairmen/women must be anxious at how to pitch and how they will go. If Scally was to get rid of Evans (sure he won't) he'd have a major problem. Any appointment would need to meet expectations (probably unrealistic) or risk paltry ST numbers. If we finish top half I expect most ST holders, regulars and ifollowers would be more enthused with continuity rather than change.

Looks like evans could be here next season. He has stated contract runs to 2022 but he will sit down with chairman in the summer to check they are still on the same page.

I assume that means budget for next season

I'm not saying he isn't a good trainer, Ternent and Warnock are streetwise and know what they need to get results, even though it does surprise me that they turned to him.....his time with us will be remembered something like the Len Ashurst period, crap football and bad results. Maybe they just used him as a hitman to scare the shit out of the players. We looked like rabbits caught in headlights under him.

Could be that others will set me straight on this and I apologise if I have it wrong, I think I probably only saw 4 games under him....but I do remember the experience of watching his team was something akin to having an ingrowing toenail removed.

Regarding Jepson, I have nestled somewhere in the depths of my mind that we won 7 on the bounce towards the end of the season under him? A record that we had never done before or since.

It doesn’t alter the fact that the actual football was brain meltingly shit under him. Although I still had my season ticket whilst he was manager I just simply couldn’t be bothered to go much under his tenure. Things like “out with mates”, “needing to work”, “shopping with the wife”, even “distant family members wedding” were all valid excuses used at the time.

Must admit, I never knew about the bullying nature of his methods.