NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 499 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway ...... come on then ....... have they walked, or are they simply stalling like Stanley implies?
Not sure if I like the cut of your jib here.......
Really no need - and again :-
My understanding is they have walked, there is no one else in any kind of serious play and we are heading for plan b.
Nixon says not - so you believe who and what you will.

Understanding that for yourself that's as palatable as deciding if you will vote tory or brexit party

Last edited:
Something isnt right with all of this firstly Moreno who publicly said he would wait no matter how long to get the club and whatever league we was in suddenly legs it the day after lockdown 2 announced. Now the Bahranians are stalling after getting the green light . A pattern is forming here and for some reason these gobshite administrators cant seem to seal a deal. Is it potential buyers or the pisspots from Begbys who are murdering our club slowly but surely.

I believe there's a stalking horse , aided and abeted by person's unknown at this stage.

Also I don't think we have seen the last of those bastard Chinese...

Not sure if I like the cut of your jib here.......
Really no need - and again :-
My understanding is they have walked, there is no one else in any kind of serious play and we are heading for plan b.
Nixon says not - so you believe who and what you will.

Understanding that for yourself that's as palatable as deciding if you will vote tory or brexit party

Sorry. Genuinely didn't mean that to come across as harsh - more mickey taking. You reckon you were offering the big reveal, but you'd simply agreed with stuff out there, which in turn is contradicted by the Admins, (Gone quiet doesn't mean walking away).

I'll ignore the Tory/Brexit comment ......... and I won't get all upset like you have. :whist:

;)

I agree. Could the admins be throwing some kind of curve ball when it comes to sitting down and thrashing out the deal? Paying for some of their fees for example? Or maybe Au Young’s loan against the club is still there in the background or hasn’t gone away like Baron Greenback said. Seems odd that just a couple of weeks after Stanley said they didn’t care if we were in League 2 they go quiet when they have seemingly passed the EFL test.
It 100% has not gone away. He still holds majority voting rights on all creditor decisions.

Last edited:
Big question is are we worth the asking price. And if so why because it’s plain to see. Most of the bidders don’t think so.
It's a zero sum game for the admins this.
They have consistently asked for more than value, undersold assets then reduced the price but not to the residual value relative to what the club has left.
I'm beginning to believe they are carrying out a planned, long term liquidation.
Stringing it out then will state there is no option but to bust the club once the EFL remove the membership - then it will be the club is unsaleable as we have no other option - not our fault

We need 10,000 fans to donate £600 each (taking off the money we already raised). That’s roughly the amount it would cost for a couple of season tickets. If you look at it that way it doesn’t seem quite so much. We’re also due player add-on money

Thats never going to happen. Less than a quarter of that are prepared to shell out a tenner to watch a game via Latics TV.

Stanley in the WEP now saying a buyer will need £7m - is he making numbers up as he goes along ? where's he conjured that number from 🤔

Sorry. Genuinely didn't mean that to come across as harsh - more mickey taking. You reckon you were offering the big reveal, but you'd simply agreed with stuff out there, which in turn is contradicted by the Admins, (Gone quiet doesn't mean walking away).

I'll ignore the Tory/Brexit comment ......... and I won't get all upset like you have. :whist:

;)
You've seen Stanley's comments in the WEP and for the last time I what I shared last night was direct from the club, not garnered from twitter !
Not sure why you can't accept that ? - denial maybe 🤔
The Bahrainis have walked - Stanley's desperately reversing hence the media comms when last week that was stopped

You've seen Stanley's comments in the WEP and for the last time I what I shared last night was direct from the club, not garnered from twitter !
Not sure why you can't accept that ? - denial maybe 🤔
The Bahrainis have walked - Stanley's desperately reversing hence the media comms when last week that was stopped

Hold on. Initially, you didn't mention anything about info coming from within the club. That only came up later on. You didn't share anything last night except an opinion.

I never suggested that your source was twitter .........not even sure why you would say that. All I said was that initially, you were agreeing with rumour (implying it was on social meeja).

If the Bahraini's have walked, then fair enough. Thank you for saying so.

These Barhainis looking completely unreliable now. If they were serious they'd be closing the deal. Either theyve wasted everyones time or they've been spooked by something - Yeungs loan? Admin charging extra fees? Would they really spend all this time if they werent serious?

If they bid for us in January thinking they'd get a L1 club then they were football iliterate - any bidder with half a brain could see L2 was the most likely outcome - so if L2 is suddenly an issue they are a liability. This also is the second time they got cold feet apparently.

It seems every time a deal in on the cards something at the last second screws it up Ganaye, the Spanish and the Bahranis (apparently twice). Once is unfortunate, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern - with admin being the consistent. The nature of admin with all of their NDAs means there is very little transparency but at this point the job they've done has been nothing short of horendous and has probably contributed to the disaster we find ourselves in as much as Choi and Yeung at this point. The unproffesionalism, the shocking comms, the changing stories and inability to close the deal when it appears there to be done.

None of us are sure what exactly has gone on but there seems something off.

Hold on. Initially, you didn't mention anything about info coming from within the club. That only came up later on. You didn't share anything last night except an opinion.

I never suggested that your source was twitter .........not even sure why you would say that. All I said was that initially, you were agreeing with rumour (implying it was on social meeja).

Can I just say n tell me to bugger off by all means if u want, but why not just let this one go. Treat it like a fishing trip n you've got a sumat on your rod which you've been angling with for a while but it eventually snaps your line....you'd like to recast but it's going dark, all ur tinnies have gone, as has ur last butty, plus ur other half put a warm hearty stew in slow cooker ready for ur return....so you decide not to recast, pack up all your gear n head home thinking wasn't too bad a trip n glad the fish got away for another day 😉😉.....:fish:

P.S......not having a dig at Hampton here btw....just saying should drop it.

Administrator Paul Stanley admits the trail towards finding a new owner for Wigan Athletic has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

How many times have we heard this?

“Anyone who’s got £7million to their name, who can prove they have the funds, can pick up the phone to me and we’ll have a chat''.

This does not give any confidence, that we are about to be bought,

We keep hearing a deal is nearly 'done and dusted', then the buyer,
does a runner, faster the Usain Bolt.

Administrator Paul Stanley admits the trail towards finding a new owner for Wigan Athletic has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

How many times have we heard this?

“Anyone who’s got £7million to their name, who can prove they have the funds, can pick up the phone to me and we’ll have a chat''.

This does not give any confidence, that we are about to be bought,

We keep hearing a deal is nearly 'done and dusted', then the buyer,
does a runner, faster the Usain Bolt.

There is a process for the creditors requesting a new administration based on failures / bad process, however we are stuck because Au Yeung and his reps are controlling what passes and for some reason they are happy with the fees and work that's being done.

For me we are seeing the main problem with government vs private.

Generally failure in the private sector results in money being lost.
Generally failure in the government sector / on behalf of government (representatives of the court) results in more money being given.

It looks like you've had your arse kicked Moonay, Hampton had it right all along, never mind you win some you lose some.

Supporters club should tell Begbies stick it up their arse we are going it alone. Hold fans event ASAP, take 800k and build phoenix club with new donations. Rugby will have no choice but let us play on ground for reasonable rent and we will start afresh at only a slightly lower level that will allow us to build momentum as we go through non Leagues which we would all love. Had enough of this utter shite week in, week out. Just feels like it needs putting down now. Let Krasner tell Yeung he couldn't get owt back. Clubs fucked. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.