What ever happened to UnbelievableJeff? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What ever happened to UnbelievableJeff?

BrownImp used to post on here (was a Mod at one point?) and on TFF but haven't read anything from him in a while.

I have a feeling he popped up briefly a few months ago. Could be wrong, though.

Last post was 16th Jan 2021, so not long ago (you can search for a person's handle in the search bar above and it will bring back matches to their posts).

Hi everyone.

Thank-you, from the bottom of my heart for all of your concern. I am incredibly touched and very much moved by this thread.

Truth is, I've not been very well at all. I'm still somewhat amazed that I'm still alive, considering the places I have been.

I've been recently diagnosed with complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, this ranges back from things over the past 30 years, both personally and professionally. Being a front line 24/7 emergency services worker for 18 years has not helped either.

Coupled with that, I've been going through a nasty divorce since March 2020. For 10 years I suffered from some pretty horrendous psychological abuse from my now ex wife. Not happy that I took control, before I either ended up in prison - by completely flipping and doing something daft, or ending it all, I managed to just find enough strength to get out before either happened. Obviously my ex wife didn't like me wrestling the control back for myself, and got very nasty.

So I did what many people do. I hid away and withdrew.

I am pleased to say I've been having Psychotherapy and I am on the maximum dose of medication they can give me.

I've also been off work since mid May and I am still not fixed.

My reason for sharing is two fold. Please, please, please, it is bloody hard to say "I need help" Half the time you don't know you need it, and to hold your hand up and ask for it is probably the hardest decision you can make.

Secondly, when you are flipping between complete withdrawal from life and utter sheer panic, normally around things that most of society would be puzzled by.

It has been horrendous, but I am hopefully getting better.

It wasn't until today, when I remembered this site, and I did a search on the last post I made. I then saw this one. It made me cry, as such was the kindness in it. So thank-you again.

Please let me reassure you that Mini Jeff is not so mini any more and is approaching 13 and he is growing very quickly. We still sit in the same seats and although the football hasn't been amazing (this season) in a way it has been kind to me. When I chose our seats years ago, it meant I am not surrounded by a lot of people, I sit on an end seat and I can look out on to the pitch.

As the football has not been great, it has meant that the two biggest triggers for me, loud noise and crowded areas, has not been as greater impact as it could have been.

So, I have managed to build up what little tolerance of those two things, gradually.

I am a long way to being cured, but I am on that path now, I hope you've all managed throughout this past two and a half years and if you're struggling, please ask for help. The alternative is frankly too scary to explain.

Take care all

UTI.