City Gossip | Page 113 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Sheffield Wednesday?
I'll give you a another clue, Buzz.

Former City great Peter Doherty is a playing connection to the two.

had to google it in the end for PD, I was sure it was Huddersfield but they are west Yorkshire so it must be Doncaster, but I don't remember them beating us on Pens, but then again I probably blanked it out as a bad day at the office, of which there had been a few on the Roller Coaster.

3rd March 1990......

Nottingham Forest v City.....ten minutes into the second half, Gary Crosby nipped in from behind Andy Dibble - who was oblivious to his presence - and headed the ball out of his hand before slotting it into the empty net.....and the goal was allowed to stand much to Dibble and manager Howard Kendell's annoyance.

One of those moments from our history that I can still recall in my mind's eye! 😅

Last edited:
3rd March 1990......

Nottingham Forest v City.....ten minutes into the second half, Gary Crosby nipped in behind Andy Dibble and headed the ball out of his hand before slotting it into the empty net.....and the goal was allowed to stand much to Dibble and manager Howard Kendell's annoyance.

One of those moments from our history that I can still recall in my mind's eye! 😅

I wonder what Stockley Park would make of that:unsure:

Kropp has been a total knob at times but even I have to admit that he has a point here. It does not seem to make much sense for players to jet off to all points of the compass whilst the health crisis remains in such a serious state pretty much everywhere. Seems to be a lot of unnecessary risk.

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool manager concerned about players going on international duty because of quarantine rules

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56234440

Kropp has been a total knob at times but even I have to admit that he has a point here. It does not seem to make much sense for players to jet off to all points of the compass whilst the health crisis remains in such a serious state pretty much everywhere. Seems to be a lot of unnecessary risk.

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool manager concerned about players going on international duty because of quarantine rules

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56234440
Klopp does have a point, but has a squad that can cover for the 10 days, so should not really be an issue.

Moneyball.

Mind you all the data in the world wouldn’t be needed to predict that Rodney will attempt six step overs and ignore 3 better placed team mates before trying to engineer a shooting opoortunity for himself which has only a 6% chance of resulting in a goal 🤣 (His most recent excellent, team based performance may start to affect that data though!)

Moneyball.

Mind you all the data in the world wouldn’t be needed to predict that Rodney will attempt six step overs and ignore 3 better placed team mates before trying to engineer a shooting opoortunity for himself which has only a 6% chance of resulting in a goal 🤣 (His most recent excellent, team based performance may start to affect that data though!)
:ROFLMAO:

Early derby fitness news......

Ake is back in training for City so Pep will have a full squad to select from.

De Gea will be absent for JoMU as he is in Spain with his partner for the birth of their first child. We hope all goes well for them :thumbup:

Dean Henderson will be in goal for the rags. I hope he will be kept busy.

Early derby fitness news......

Ake is back in training for City so Pep will have a full squad to select from.

De Gea will be absent for JoMU as he is in Spain with his partner for the birth of their first child. We hope all goes well for them :thumbup:

Dean Henderson will be in goal for the rags. I hope he will be kept busy.
I’m disappointed DDG will not be in goal. According to the rags Henderson is better and raring to take his place permanently.

For me DDG is the superior keeper and their highest paid player, if Oily is so weak as to pick Henderson, then so much the better for us.

Pablo Zabaleta is in talks with Manchester City about returning to the Etihad Stadium. He has been studying for his coaching badges and is open to working at executive level – but will continue to negotiate with City about what roles are open to him.
Pablo: “The City Football Group have said they would like me to return in some capacity. Maybe at the end of June, when my kids have finished school and we have a better picture of the pandemic, that will be the moment for me to decide...”
“I spent nine years at Manchester City. I liked the people at the club and I would be so happy to go back in some role. Coaching is something I'm thinking about – but it isn't the only thing. There are so many areas within a football club...”

A club legend :bow: he would be welcomed back at City and I am sure that a role will be found for him.

Under the management since 2008 we have seen a solid reintegration of ex-City players including several whose presence had been shunned in the past under different regimes, including Colin Bell. I see this as the extension of this process with the incorporation of a player so closely associated with the club’s transition from ‘Typical City’ with it’s legacy of ‘just making do’ to the ‘success-breeds-success’ mindset that has been built up over the last decade. He would arrive with a pedigree of success that is within recent memory of players and fans and would be a fantastic addition to the support team at the club. Let’s hope they can work things out. :clap:

A club legend :bow: he would be welcomed back at City and I am sure that a role will be found for him.

Under the management since 2008 we have seen a solid reintegration of ex-City players including several whose presence had been shunned in the past under different regimes, including Colin Bell. I see this as the extension of this process with the incorporation of a player so closely associated with the club’s transition from ‘Typical City’ with it’s legacy of ‘just making do’ to the ‘success-breeds-success’ mindset that has been built up over the last decade. He would arrive with a pedigree of success that is within recent memory of players and fans and would be a fantastic addition to the support team at the club. Let’s hope they can work things out. :clap:
Yes.
🎶 Pablo Zabaleta, he is the ****ing man ! 🎶
👍