Here we go! | Page 192 | Vital Football

Here we go!

I imagine the smaller nations are pretty pleased with the procurement overall. Serbia are doing remarkably well.

Our roll out has undoubtedly been better, but remember that there is also a vaccinations strategy difference.
In terms of the percentage of our people who are fully vaccinated, we are behind most EU nations. We are behind France, Germany, Italy and Spain in terms of the total number of fully vaccinated people and by share of the population. We will probably overtake them in the long run on account of the large number of first jabs we have done.

I happen to think our strategy of increasing the gap to get lots of first jabs done is a good one. I said so at the time and gave reasons why... but we have to acknowledge that it was - and still is - a risk.

A risk that has paid off handsomely and down to our genuinely world class medical sector. As you say tho, the risk remains and given the boarder chaos is a risk that has to be watched closely.

I think you are missing the point, possibly deliberately.

It is great that we are doing so well with the vaccinations but are we helping anyone else at the same time? Until everyone that can be is vaccinated there will always be the possibility of further mutations.

If we are not actively trying to solve the problem in a global sense then our parochial ‘Britain first’ outlook is very much going to be part of the problem.

You should know by now this is how our turd polisher operates.

Laugh away stretts: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19062715.letters-uk-ashamed-grabbing-hoarding-vaccines/
Here is an extract in case you don't have the attention span for the full thing:
"International bodies like WHO and the UN keep trying to warn the UK Government that until the whole world is vaccinated, no-one is safe. But it does not listen: its priority seems to be propaganda in the name of political survival. These politicians still chant "world-beating" . They don't seem to realise that, on their present course, they are indeed "beating the world" – confounding all valiant international efforts to make vaccines work the only way they can: by protecting everyone.

Norway is donating vaccines to poorer countries; in contrast, UK behaviour, mired in hoarding and propaganda wars, seems, to me a world-beating, wicked and lethal disgrace."

This says we have given over 500 million to Covax. My understanding is that this is over 50% of what the entire EU has donated. We also have AZ plants running in India providing the AZ vaccine to poorer countries.

Today, Monday 1 March, people in the Ivory Coast will receive the first Covid-19 vaccines through COVAX. To date the UK has committed £548 million to COVAX to ensure global access to vaccines, and has consistently called other donors to step up their support. The vaccines are the first of more than a billion doses going to developing countries this year through COVAX.

This says we have given over 500 million to Covax. My understanding is that this is over 50% of what the entire EU has donated. We also have AZ plants running in India providing the AZ vaccine to poorer countries.

Today, Monday 1 March, people in the Ivory Coast will receive the first Covid-19 vaccines through COVAX. To date the UK has committed £548 million to COVAX to ensure global access to vaccines, and has consistently called other donors to step up their support. The vaccines are the first of more than a billion doses going to developing countries this year through COVAX.

I think he is missing the point, possibly deliberately.

"Everyone says he's the loveliest person they have ever met. He's kind, funny, smart, better than most politicians. Please sign this petition commissioned by the BBC to make Rishi Sunak God Emperor of the Universe."

"Everyone says he's the loveliest person they have ever met. He's kind, funny, smart, better than most politicians. Please sign this petition commissioned by the BBC to make Rishi Sunak God Emperor of the Universe."

It would be interesting if he did become leader and eventually PM. That would mean the Tories had given us our first female and minority Prime Ministers. While the Labour party continually selected older white middle-class men...

Remind me again which is the racist party?

It would be interesting if he did become leader and eventually PM. That would mean the Tories had given us our first female and minority Prime Ministers. While the Labour party continually selected older white middle-class men...

Remind me again which is the racist party?
Indeed.
In fact, given that Labour now only opposes the tories on corporation tax increases, they could be defined as a far right party. Identical to the tories, except further to the right.

Hardly impressive when Canada with a little over half the population has donated $440 million (UK748 million) and the US (even under Trump!) $4 billion. How does this relate to the hoarding of vaccines? Covax is an additional programme for world vaccine availability. The money is committed but the vaccines aren't going out yet - or only minimally. Nice try though

Sounds like one of the things he has already done is raise the poll tax? Is there a more Tory move?