Manchester City-Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City-Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League Post Match Thread

It's was 1-1 when I was finally able to catch a glimpse. I don't know how we looked before that, but we looked pretty damn sharp when I was watching. :thumbup:

The thing I like about the contribution from Mahrez for the first goal is that he executes sublime control of the ball and then crosses instantly......no dancing over the ball, switching feet six times to try and get it onto his left boot and see if he can fashion a shooting opportunity for himself. Nope. Simple wing play when it is appropriate - control the ball and cross it into the six yard area whilst the opposing defenders are running full speed towards their own goal.........and forced into making an error. :clap: His foot speed was pit to good use at the weekend when he used it to set up John Stones as there was no real chance to play the ball into space at speed - brilliant. But here he did the right thing by using his pace and firing the cross in quickly.

If he can take as much pleasure from setting up team mates as he does from scoring then he will truly have seen the light. Welcome to the team,,,,,,,:thumbup:

The thing I like about the contribution from Mahrez for the first goal is that he executes sublime control of the ball and then crosses instantly......no dancing over the ball, switching feet six times to try and get it onto his left boot and see if he can fashion a shooting opportunity for himself. Nope. Simple wing play when it is appropriate - control the ball and cross it into the six yard area whilst the opposing defenders are running full speed towards their own goal.........and forced into making an error. :clap: His foot speed was pit to good use at the weekend when he used it to set up John Stones as there was no real chance to play the ball into space at speed - brilliant. But here he did the right thing by using his pace and firing the cross in quickly.

If he can take as much pleasure from setting up team mates as he does from scoring then he will truly have seen the light. Welcome to the team,,,,,,,:thumbup:
Having finally watched the whole match, Rodney was the clear MOTM. If he can ever achieve a consistency of play at that level, we will be truly frightening!