Poole Montsma Eyoma Bramhill

Jones Edun McGrandles

Rogers Hopper Scully

I posted this on the WW2 thread.............but here it is again

Palmer

Poole Montsma Eyoma Bramhill

Jones Edun McGrandles

Rogers Hopper Scully

Not sure Appleton will leave Johnson out especially after returning to some form at the weekend. What about a 4-2-2-2 formation? Hopper and Scully up top, Rogers and Johnson behind them with Jones/Edun and McGrandles in front of the back four?

I wonder about Poole as centre back rather than Eyoma if he’s had some experience there. I have noticed he’s been our main attacking threat at corners last couple of games so is surprisingly good in the air.
I would play Rogers & Johnson one half each but I think that’s highly unlikely

MA tends bot to go for wholesale changes unless necessary and I think he will be wary of rearranging the back 4 any further than necessary. That probably means TJ in at CB, he and Montsma have played together there before? Poole and Tayo remain as full backs - unless...

Midfield a bit of a conumdrum if Sanders is not fit to start. I would assume McGrandles and Jones, the latter looks like he's gradually getting back to pre-covid levels. One or both playing deeper is not their best role however. Johnson played well in midfield on Saturday, but was relatively anonymous there last Tuesday. He doesn't always do the work off the ball others do and is more of an attacking option. Tayo is a good midfielder in the making but that would mean Bramall at LB who has been a long way from the right wavelength so far - Roughan is a non starter now at LB, MA clearly decided he's not yet ready.

Up front, Scully and Hopper, plus Rodgers or Johnson depending on midfield.

I wouldn't expect MA to get creative with formation at this stage.

So:-
Palmer
Poole, Eyoma, Montsma, Edun
Jones, McGrandles, Johnson
Scully, Hopper, Rogers

And lots of finger crossing, it's a bit of a scratch side now.

Didnt we have two McGrandles according to one Hortin moment few weeks ago? That would be useful.

And of course TJ can play left and right back simultaneously.