Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT | Page 5 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT

Last season there was humiliating, men vs boys stuff.

Everything is different this season, we've improved tenfold and they are going down.

But if you look at the odds we're not exactly huge favorites either, because anything can happen in these games. I would take a scrappy 1-0 and move on to giving Wolves a right hiding.
i was there last season sat near Mings who was injured along with Purslow and Suso . We were 0-2 down and floundering it was an awful performance , Jack missed a pen, wesley missed a sitter then Jack missed a header at the back post. I remember walking away dejected into the cold Sheffield night and getting very very drunk

They won at old Trafford. And we are without Jack and Cash again.
I actually think this type of game is perfect for Elmo, as they don't have any tricky wingers, just overlapping fullbacks and physical presence. Elmo adds some guile and physicality to our defence. Cash will be welcomed back when he's ready, but for this type of game Elmo is as good....

I'm not bang up for it as it's on BT I believe which means a 2-minute delay on my stream, which spoils it for me. Much as I try not to look at the updates on my phone my desire to see who has scored always gets me. Plus I'm watching it on a 14in screen and not a 55in tv.
It's football but not as I know it

Either we turn up and put on a good show, in which case, we should win.

If we don't turn up, then we'll get done by a team still battling against the odds. And we'll get embarrassed on TV.

I still never know which Aston Villa is going to turn up.

Just like we used to say about the old France rugby team.

Would love a performance like the first half vs Burnley.... for the whole game. Definitely won't be easy, even if they have only scored 15 goals in 26 games. They still managed 4 of them against utd over their two games. They haven't been stuffed by a team either with man City only beating them 1-0 both games this season. Stay focused and be clinical. Cmon the villa!

Fantastic to finally see Wesley back, another striker will be a god send. Ollie has been unbelievable in his first season but it's good to have another option.
can see smith playing watkins and wesley together so where would he fit in now and were not the sort of club to leave £20 million players on the bench and just before wes got injured he had got in the brazil team so he will be keen to play

can see smith playing watkins and wesley together so where would he fit in now and were not the sort of club to leave £20 million players on the bench and just before wes got injured he had got in the brazil team so he will be keen to play

being the sort of club that has a £20m striker on the bench is probably what we should be aiming for