Millers injury news... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Millers injury news...

29/01/21

Millers injuries/ Covid "isolation", etc., -

Paul Davis (Advertiser)Twitter - Barlaser still unavailable for tomorrow, but should be back in training on Monday. Jozefzoon has been back in training already . (BBC Radio Sheffield has just confirmed that Barlaser has been "isolating", and is not injured).

Also it was previously reported that Crooks took a knock in M'boro' game, but should have recovered in time for tomorrow.

Bad news though, Ogbene has had another problem with his knee and is not currently training

Last edited:
I'm not sure Jozefzoon had Covid symptoms, just was 'unwell'.

Good stuff that Crooks is OK. But bad for Chieo.

05/02/21

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Sadlier has been doing some training (mainly on astroturf), but is not yet ready to play in a competitive game

06/02/21

More bad news -Warney has just been on BBC Radio Sheffield. Jamie Lindsay picked up a hamstring injury today. He will have a scan on Monday. Warney said that Jamie could be sidelined for 2-3 weeks at least, possibly longer.
A pity, because he has been in such good form recently

Last edited:
Warney said tonight that it's bad news on Jamie Lindsay - it's a hamstring tear and he's expected to be our six to eight weeks.

:downer::downer::downer:

Our injury jinx continues, and annoyingly so soon after the transfer deadline. Wonder if we will bring in a "free agent" replacement? Could try Gratton, at least on the bench, if he is fit enough. We haven't really got any more cover for that position left in the squad, and Gratton is more of an attacking player anyway . Drop Crooks further back if any of the other central midfielders get injured or suspended?

Good luck with your recovery, Jamie.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know he doesn't play in the same position, but at least Sadlier was back on the bench last night.

Last edited:
Article on RUFC Official Twitter (dated 13/02/21) about Jacob Gratton's training programme to get 100% match fit again. Looks like his recovery is going well so far.

Last edited:
25/02/21

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Jacob Gratton playing for Millers Youth Team tonight.

RUFC Official Twitter - Ogbene is already back in light training, Mattock back in training next week. Lindsay is making a good recovery and may be back a bit earlier than first thought.

Last edited:
27/02/21
Paul Davis (Adveriser) Twitter - confirmed that Robertson went off today because of a hamstring injury.
Also - still in the balance if Wood will be fit for Wednesday.

01/03/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Roberstson has Grade 2B hamstring pull. Should be back for first game after the international break. He will be out for at least six games.

I hope that he does - good experience for them. I must admit, there still seems to be some confusion about the rules - are all U-21 players eligible to pick?

Last edited:
Didn't Man U play a 16 year old the other day? Or was that in Europe? I don't really know what the rules state, Mike.