Dalian Atkinson | Vital Football

Dalian Atkinson

I watched in awe Dalian at his best. I never realised he had issues off the field. What a great player and a very sad ending. Too many ex pros struggle after finishing sadly.

What on earth happened over Dalian's death. The last I heard they wouldn't release the Police Officers names but I have never heard if this got to court and if so, what the verdict was.

Outrageous that they know who was responsible/involved in Dalian's death but its three years since he died and no trial

Lads, it's subjudice and we don't know anything outside of basically unfounded media claims about the events of the night, so lets' not jump the gun in either direction.

Not least because it's potential libel and contempt of court.

With my strict hat on, some may want to consider removing their posts because with an alert, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at deleting them.

Lads, it's subjudice and we don't know anything outside of basically unfounded media claims about the events of the night, so lets' not jump the gun in either direction.

Not least because it's potential libel and contempt of court.

With my strict hat on, some may want to consider removing their posts because with an alert, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at deleting them.

Hi Mike, not sure if you are referencing my post (and if you are I appreciate your comments/cobcern) but I stand by it.

The two police officers have been, "Accused and are due to stand trial". I don't think there is any question over the fact that these two police officers were "Involved" with the incident.

A few of them - not questioning their involvement, with proceedings live you can't comment either way.

A few of them - not questioning their involvement, with proceedings live you can't comment either way.
I disagree - you can say the police killed him and it's dodgy as fuck. I appreciate Dalian struggled and it's well known he figured in the 'alternative economy' around Staffs and Telford. His death and the complacent response to it however was dubious to say the least.

You can disagree all you like Lew, Contempt of Court would find you wrong and depending on how far your disagreement spread through the internet, a Judge could well decide your disagreement had tainted the jury pool and the defendant's were incapable of getting a fair trial.

All people have to do when proceedings are live is keep their opinions on innocence or guilt to themselves until a judgement is reached.

in the 90's was when I properly started going down to the Villa. Week in, week out. Atkinson as well as Saunders, Mcgrath, Bosnich and Teale were all my hero's! Loved Atkinson