Barnet | Vital Football

Barnet

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Banana skin, or routine home victory?

For me it will prove a banana skin. Recent home victories haven't been convincing, coupled with the TV cameras giving Barnet an incentive not to be embarrassed in front of a national audience.
Final result 1 nil to Barnet.

A satisfactory result, but our lack of goals when dominant may come back to haunt us!
Agreed. Sterry and Ferguson must get so peed off with the amount of crosses they pump into the box with no Pools player gambling enough to get on the end of them. We should have had at least three goals tonight. I wonder if the big lad would have been a better option off the bench than Mols? Two tough away games coming up. Must find a way of scoring goals. Another reason for this problem is Oates loss of form. He needs a rest.

Next 3 matches, all away, could prove pivotal to Pool's season.
I believe we need to find a few more goals from around the squad, rather than relying solely on Armstrong and Oates, if we are to continue with our successful season to date.

Next 3 matches, all away, could prove pivotal to Pool's season.
I believe we need to find a few more goals from around the squad, rather than relying solely on Armstrong and Oates, if we are to continue with our successful season to date.
Yes, spot on. Oates is out of form at the moment and needs a rest and I think that is true of Holohan as well. Bring in Bloomfield and Williams. Of course that wont happen till we get beat because Dave wont want to change a winning team. If Halifax don't beat us Torquay will. Yes I am a glass half empty feller.