Posh vs Pish | Page 6 | Vital Football

Posh vs Pish

Darikwa tried to kick him with both feet before he got into the box, then stood on his right foot with his left foot which was clumsy and could of been a pen if he dived and got tangled. Then tried to tackle with the wrong leg and put his left foot in front of dembele, thats a trip, block what ever you want to call it. He connected knee to knee and fouled him.

Vic, I've watched the video, and tried to follow what you've written, but I honestly don't see all those (4) challenges.

There's a left footed challenge outside the box, and then there's another one inside, knee to knee, where the bloke goes down.

I suppose we all see things differently, so let's just agree to disagree.

Didn’t watch the game, but glad to hear we played reasonably well. I’ve heard that the ref was shite so thought I’d watch the penalty incident and try to be as objective as possible. Can’t see a foul there myself, looks like a nothing incident and a piss poor decision. Even in the premier league the standard of officiating is abysmal, even with var, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

The lower down the league you go, the worse the standard of refereeing is. I'm sure we all remember that ridiculous decaptation tackle by Tony Robinson at Barnsley last season which was missed by a Championship referee, so its hardly surprising that the errors are more often in L1.

What you don't do is give a shite ref the opportunity to make a shite decision....the lad did.

On the plus side we are now looking more like a team so get Evans back in the middle and we will pick points up, may not be enough though.

We were desperately unlucky but I think we have signed some players with learning difficulties in this lot, it does not take a wise man to see how easy they went down looking for fouls so why would you give them the opportunity in the box ????
Should have got a tackle in before he got anywhere near the box. He skipped past him with ease. Don't think there was a foul or a dive but just atrocious refereeing.

Vic, I've watched the video, and tried to follow what you've written, but I honestly don't see all those (4) challenges.

There's a left footed challenge outside the box, and then there's another one inside, knee to knee, where the bloke goes down.

I suppose we all see things differently, so let's just agree to disagree.

Can't upload any image as it says every file too big even at 800kb. After he misses with his left foot he follows with the right to clip his other leg outside the box. Not sure how you cannot see that.

If you don't agree thats fine, he got none of the ball and made contact with Dembele make of that what you will.

Superb team performance against the leaders,which deserved much more! We pressed them well,high up, in a 4141 or 4123 formation,which unsettled them. We created some good chances/efforts on goal,looked organised and gave it a good go today.Thought we could've gone 541 in response to Peterboroughs attacking changes at 1-0 up in that last 15 minutes,but that could've invited even more pressure and Leam would've perhaps been accused of negative changes if we'd had still lost.

The ref was shite and weak,as he kept giving them soft free kicks throughout.Their 1st 2 penalty claims were embarrassing and could've even both been booked for diving.But cos he was a weak ref,I reckon he's given that soft 3rd pen claim cos he didn't (rightly) give the other 2.

Thought Ojo was again excellent in front of the back 4,Tilt had a solid game and Gardner did well before he had to go off cos of cramp.All the other lads also put in a decent shift,but Darikwa will be disappointed with their 2 goals.

Yes it's disappointing not to get anything for our efforts and I'm angry at the ref for his part in that,but if we keep performing like that we should pick up points and have a fighting chance of staying up!

Whats tosh? You have two eyes, he fouled him 4 times, although once by accident. What do you see different?

Absolute tosh

Should have got a tackle in before he got anywhere near the box. He skipped past him with ease. Don't think there was a foul or a dive but just atrocious refereeing.

I agree, but when you can see how easy they were going down and the free kicks the ref gave them when they did why would you even attempt to get at the ball from behind especially as there were 2 defenders and the keeper between the player and goal.

Attachments

• 057e5434-8736-4990-9992-e381979a87d1.png
    057e5434-8736-4990-9992-e381979a87d1.png
    469 KB · Views: 21
  • 40f54563-01c8-49a4-a373-ab36d3ed58d1.png
    40f54563-01c8-49a4-a373-ab36d3ed58d1.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 013c46b5-029f-4b01-bb3c-fd003cf2c0a0.png
    013c46b5-029f-4b01-bb3c-fd003cf2c0a0.png
    545.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 7be9c97a-9d03-4bbc-a891-7ae3b8a7ef64.png
    7be9c97a-9d03-4bbc-a891-7ae3b8a7ef64.png
    503.5 KB · Views: 18
It was never a penalty for me. If it was penalty worthy in the refs eyes then why wasn't Lang given one for something similar before it?

Shit uneven officiating.

Linesman was right next to Lang, Beevers atleast made contact with the ball and not just Lang.

Just seen their 'penalty' on Quest which was analysed by the punters.
There does not appear to be contact.

Thought so, wasn't sure if both teams use the same ifollow camera person ect. The angle is rough because Darikwa is in the way of Dembele, shame theres no view from any other side.

Forgot to mention Darikwa's and Otabors reaction didn't help the cause, rest weren't exactly surprised either.

Lot of people here don't think it was though, probably 1v6 at this point. Would be interesting to know what Peterbrough fans thought of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That penalty is so soft! That minor contact isn't enough to make a grown man fall over like that. He knows 2 defenders are covering his run,so he throws himself to the floor after getting the wrong side of Darikwa.

It won his team 2 extra points towards promotion though so job done. I would only let ex pros become refs nowadays because these idiots have not got a clue about contact/lack of contact these days only a book for reference.

Saying all this our RB fell for it and showed a worrying level of naivety. It was never going to end well as soon as he was chasing him tickling round his ankles.

What you don't do is give a shite ref the opportunity to make a shite decision....the lad did.

On the plus side we are now looking more like a team so get Evans back in the middle and we will pick points up, may not be enough though.

we have 15 games left to play - plenty of time !