Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 41 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

I am not sure what to say after that a fantastic game of football first 15 minutes we were still on the coach but then once we scored we played them off the park and after half time we were slicing them apart the number of times we nearly got passes through.

we then got the two penalties to go 3-2 up and then seemed to take out foot of the gas and Plymouth got in the ascendancy and they could have scored a couple of times before they eventually equalised.

Even then Johnson had a chance to win the game but unfortunately they scored the winner I think the inexperience of the squad showed in those last 10 minutes we missed Bridcutt.

The biggest disappointment for me was the potential injury to Grant could be very costly.

shows how much football can change we were winning and Posh were losing and both games completely changed.

Oh well not long to find out what happens next. roll on Tuesday what is fleet woods form like? Will we have any fit players then. Recall Zak?

From winning positions we have seen two ways of managing it through our last two managers, Danny, in the corner, player down needing treatment, messing around with subs, Michael just keep going for the next goal, get it and win. Both work but today all things considered, inexperience, fatigue them making changes I think he got it wrong.

I’m missing going to games but there’s times I’m grateful that this excellent young team we have doesn’t have to suffer the moronic booing and catcalling that they’d suffer at the Bank if the odd result doesn’t go our way.
We're all missing games, sadly some of the moronic booers and cat callers are venting on here instead. Probably also booed at half time and left early v Colchester in 18-19.

Match threads are more visceral this season because all the nonsense we come out with in the heat of the moment at the match is posted on here instead, it's the bloke always sat on the row behind you who is always spouting bollocks. But thats all said and gone in the moment, sadly on here its preserved for posterity.

But there's still enough reasoned arguments on here to make it worthwhile amongst all the noise.

I am not sure discovering social media in 2017 is a measure of my life long support of Lincoln City Club, I would hate to think vitals is a exclusive club of members who only have an opinion if they have been on it from the start.
Your point 5 is just nonsense
Point 5 is a question however dressing rooms are strange beasts however you clearly know more about this than me.
Football is about opinions. Rogers and Montsma are two players who have been poor in recent weeks, In my opinion.[/QUOTE]
ive been on and off this site for years. I can tell you the moaning on here, day after day, week after week, month after month is not new. it happened in the good old days as well.

Point 5 is a question however dressing rooms are strange beasts however you clearly know more about this than me.
Football is about opinions. Rogers and Montsma are two players who have been poor in recent weeks, In my opinion.
ive been on and off this site for years. I can tell you the moaning on here, day after day, week after week, month after month is not new. it happened in the good old days as well.[/QUOTE]

You're a johnny-come-lately, Croozey. I was on this site when Craig Baker ran it.

Nothing wrong with a good moan, good for the soul, also would be very boring if we all had the same views. What amuses me it that people take this difference so personally. We should be able to respect fellow imps and their views an not resort to personal attacks.

We're all missing games, sadly some of the moronic booers and cat callers are venting on here instead. Probably also booed at half time and left early v Colchester in 18-19.

Don't get me started on that - dreadful performance. Cowley out!

Disappointing to not pick up at least a point after coming back superbly to go 3.2 in front.

4 out of the next 5 at home, the home form has been patchy but if we play to our capabilities we are well in ever game. Injuries are a concern, but we are second we are still fighting.

ive been on and off this site for years. I can tell you the moaning on here, day after day, week after week, month after month is not new. it happened in the good old days as well.

You're a johnny-come-lately, Croozey. I was on this site when Craig Baker ran it.[/QUOTE]
would that have been in the early 2000's? i was on it back then.

I accidently found this e-mail a couple of days ago. I had genuinely forgotten that I had ever written it (given the time I sent it, I am not sure how much I had drunk at the time) and needless to say I didn't get a reply. If you want to be frustrated and dejected about our club, perhaps this (from our relegation season 10 years ago) is a better place to start,

Tue 19/10/2010 00:31
To: steve.tilson@redimps.com

Dear Mr. Tilson,

I remember being taken to my first Lincoln match by my father 35 years ago (he died last month).

I was very lucky. Graham Taylor was leading his team to a record breaking season and there was a lot of success to support. However, one of the main reasons those years stick in my mind is that Graham Taylor and leading striker John Ward vistied both my Cub Scout Troop and my School on two different occassions to share their success with a bunch of little kids.

Now, 35 years later, despite having left Lincoln in 1979 and still living 150 miles away, I normally travel to between 6 and 10 away games a season. I have 3 sons and my 6 year old is trying to be a Lincoln fan. My 7 year old supports the town he was born in, Shrewsbury, and I can't blame him for that, but I really don't want either of them to support Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool et al. without at least trying to have some affinity for a reason other than success and peer pressure.

I say that Tom is trying to be a Lincoln fan because I have now taken him to 5 Lincoln games and in 450 minutes of football he has not seen Lincoln score a goal. He has seen us lose to Shrewsbury twice, watched a 0-0 draw at Sincil Bank against Norwich and seen us torn apart 4-0 at Elland Road and 3-0 away at Accrington Stanley. He has every reason to desert to a Premiership Club and I think his only reason for not doing so is that he shares his middle name with my town of birth,

I ask only one thing of you Mr. Tilson: please give my son some reason to continue to support Lincoln City.

I wish you all the best.

Neil

Neil Cole
Telford

I'm angry because I think that with such a young squad of players, a win having been 2-0 down inside 15 minutes would have been a huge boost, and would have spurred us on for the rest of the season after a relative dip in recent weeks. As it is, I fear that the way we capitulated in the last 15 minutes will hit them hard, especially with Grant's injury. Don't forget he's also one of our oldest and most experienced players.