Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 39 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

One win required, preferably a solid unspectacular 2-0 and everything settles down. That's how close we are to steadying the ship due to the good results earlier in the season.

That form has earned the right for the team to have a wobble and struggle to deal with injuries, whilst remaining in a great position this deep into the season. The season is over 46 games not 30.

Yes, that win needs to come sooner, not later but every game now is a step nearer 5 or 6 big players coming back refreshed for the last 8 or 10 games. With a bit of luck we may have really important players in good condition available to us as other clubs hit a mental and physical wall at the stage of season when poor results and form really take a toll.

Stay in it, keep grafting for now and finish strongly should the situation present itself.

I'm not sure if your use of 2017 is any indication of when you jumped on the Imps bandwagon, but some of these points are so far off the mark.

I will agree with point 3 and 4

Rogers is a talent. An 18 YEAR OLD talent. To expect him to be a world beater is unrealistic at this time. He was working hard down our left today. Bad attitude I will await your evidence as that is not what I've seen

TJ has been a little below the exceptional standards of earlier in the season of late and rest and rotation is required when you base much of your whole season on your Right and Left backs bombing up and down the pitch for 90 minutes

Montsma wasn't at his best today, something which the whole defence could be pointed out, but again a young defender still learning his trade, he's good

Your point 5 is just nonsense

So many awful points. Saying Rogers has a bad attitude is what systemic racism is as well, on the level of calling all black players powerful and pacy ignoring technical attributes.

Thought Edun played really well today before the mistake at the end, made good blocks, tried driving the team forward, mistake cost us but another lesson learnt. Funny really i'm normally one for shouting a lot at the match and at the Tv but today never got uptight too much about anything. We're struggling with injuries, young squad, starting to feel the pressure, yes even Rogers and Johnson even though they're not our players but i think about where the club is as a whole, how good we've been so far this season and even i can control my frustrations, please come on the forum and air your views but don't tear into the players they're doing they're best and need your support more than ever.
That nobody has blamed Edun for the loss shows progress on here!
A season in the championship, getting hammered, might at least root out a few joy riders. I look forward to being able to park more easily on a Saturday afternoon.

we aren’t ready for it, we got promoted in 98 and look where it got us!

we have a good young squad and a good manager. But we are naive, a street wise team would have seen that out.
If you have got a crystal ball and could guarantee me promotion at the end of the 21/22 season season then I would probably agree with you. As you haven't and you can't then I won't. The last time we were in this position was 1982, 39 years ago. At that rate me and an awful lot of posters on here will be long gone before we finally reach the championship. On that basis I, and I am sure quite a few of us, am happy for us to take the risk and go up this season and see how it goes.

Not sure about you Bristol

You only have to look at the posting history of some ‘supporters’ on here to get an idea. In this case Bristol didn’t think Appleton would last a year because he couldn’t cope with a few bad results last season.

I find it all quite depressing, and makes this message board pretty much unreadable on match days. Lincoln fans have always been fickle but I think the last few years of success has seen a real ugly arrogance creep in, assuming that Lincoln will just
win every week, and if they don’t it’s a ‘disgrace’ or ‘shocking’, with absolutely no respect shown to the quality of the opposition we are playing.

If I was to speculate I would say that there’s a fair few who were watching Liverpool, Man United and City six years ago, and the armchair fans view has translated itself to following Lincoln.

I’m missing going to games but there’s times I’m grateful that this excellent young team we have doesn’t have to suffer the moronic booing and catcalling that they’d suffer at the Bank if the odd result doesn’t go our way.

Too much negativity on here for me, though I actually find some of the more ‘end of the world’ type comments really amusing, cheers me up On a bad day. Above all of the gloom, I’m just keeping fingers crossed that I can once again take my seat in the co op in August (mask free) have a beer & pie and a Laugh with those other regulars that I have not met for 12 months, weather we are playing Cambridge united in league 1, or Newcastle united in the championship. Either way, I’ll love it.

To repeat I am not being negative I have seen many bad Lincoln teams and this isn’t one of them. What I am saying is that we are not the finished article we need to learn fast.

we have a small squad with mounting injuries and we are in poor form.

I hope it’s a blip and not the start of us sliding down the table

I am not sure discovering social media in 2017 is a measure of my life long support of Lincoln City Club, I would hate to think vitals is a exclusive club of members who only have an opinion if they have been on it from the start.
Your point 5 is just nonsense[/QUOTE]
Point 5 is a question however dressing rooms are strange beasts however you clearly know more about this than me.
Football is about opinions. Rogers and Montsma are two players who have been poor in recent weeks, In my opinion.

Reminds me of my youth in the dim and distant past when old blokes used to say "Lincoln dornt want to go up, cost 'em too much money". Load of bollocks then, load of bollocks now!

I remember those days too, including the moaners on the Sincil terrace in the 75/76 season saying how hopeless we were and didn't want to go up.

It is typical of the many of the Lincoln public. The glass is always half empty rather than half full. Moaning is not their fault - they were born into it sadly.

You only have to look at the posting history of some ‘supporters’ on here to get an idea. In this case Bristol didn’t think Appleton would last a year because he couldn’t cope with a few bad results last season.

I find it all quite depressing, and makes this message board pretty much unreadable on match days. Lincoln fans have always been fickle but I think the last few years of success has seen a real ugly arrogance creep in, assuming that Lincoln will just
win every week, and if they don’t it’s a ‘disgrace’ or ‘shocking’, with absolutely no respect shown to the quality of the opposition we are playing.

If I was to speculate I would say that there’s a fair few who were watching Liverpool, Man United and City six years ago, and the armchair fans view has translated itself to following Lincoln.

I’m missing going to games but there’s times I’m grateful that this excellent young team we have doesn’t have to suffer the moronic booing and catcalling that they’d suffer at the Bank if the odd result doesn’t go our way.

Spot on

I think you attitude is bordering on bullying, well it would be if it bothered me. My opinion is equally as irrelevant as yours. For a long period I had you on block, I think I will go back to that as I can’t stand your sanctimonious tone.

Well, the old cliche - we'll play worse than that and win.

But as has been said, we're not very good at defending at the moment.

It was important to pull a goal back before half time, which we did and deservedly so. Then we were the better side for the next half hour-plus. The trouble was, as I thought at the time - we went 3-2 up with too much of the game to go. It was probably too long to try and manage the game for the win so we went looking for a fourth goal.

When they made it 3-3 I felt Rogers should have come off, as Sanders (if fit enough) is at least a little more experienced and might have been more of a presence in midfield allowing Johnson to move forward.

But we threw it away in the end - and as I had been thinking Edun had been one of our best players on the day. As it was, I made McGrandles man of the match, with good performances from Scully and Poole.

Regarding what happened in 1982/83, in the equivalent week we got zero points from two games, so we are at least one point up on what happened then. On this date we were hanging on to the third promotion place and were no less than seven points off second place.

With regard to us never having a better chance of promotion, well - albeit it was a division lower - I think back to April 1975 and what happened then. And what happened the season after.

So many awful points. Saying Rogers has a bad attitude is what systemic racism is as well, on the level of calling all black players powerful and pacy ignoring technical attributes.
Please don't drag racism into the mix. Saying someone is racist for questioning the attitude of a player is just crazy talk. Agree or disagree with the comment by all means, don't throw that at someone without real evidence.
For the record, he is wrong. A racist? I doubt it.

I thought it was an excellent game, but obviously disappointing result and for me more disappointing was the the sight of Jorge Grant struggling to put any weight on his foot/ankle. I do fear what lengthy injuries to key players will do to our promotion chances.

I think you attitude is bordering on bullying, well it would be if it bothered me. My opinion is equally as irrelevant as use. For a long period I had you on block, I think I will go back to that as I can’t stand your sanctimonious tone.

You do that love. If it means I don’t see the shite you spew out all the better.