Match Thread Charlton v Blackpool | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread Charlton v Blackpool

Mad game. Thoroughly professional performance from our lot but Charlton just imploded on themselves.

I know we had it at Wigan but weird being sat there for over half an hour all relaxed. Think if there'd been a crowd in the away end they'd have been doing a conga in the last ten minutes.

Evening everyone👋
Fantastic performance today.
Dominant display.
Never heard Ballards name mentioned in the first half.
Prattley could have in the first half and I couldn't get a bet on there being a red at half time.
Pleased we took Yates off after his nothing card and I thought Simms played well as did Ward.
Matty picking the ball up snd driving forward reminding us what he is capable of.
Those games in hand see us in a healthy position on the run of form we are on.
Oh, and a nice little earner tooScreenshot_20210227-165451_Sky Bet.jpg

Just hope the Husband injury isn't another hamstring as the centre half options are dropping like flies. Yes they're coping at the moment but they're not in a run of Sat-Tue-Sat yet. Which starts next week if the home pitch allows.

Charlton Athletic suffered a hugely damaging loss to Blackpool which saw them finish the contest down to nine men after second-half dismissals for Darren Pratley and Chuks Aneke.

The Addicks suffered a fourth straight loss at The Valley and are now winless in their last eight matches in SE7.

They also failed to have a shot on target over 90 minutes.

Pratley had already been booked in the first period but was not one of four half-time substitutions by manager Lee Bowyer. And referee Brett Huxtable opted to show him a second yellow after appearing to put his arm across the throat of Jordan Gabriel as he climbed back up from being on the receiving end of a sliding tackle.

Pratley will serve a four-game suspension.

Charlton were already labouring badly with their full quota of players on the pitch and it became eight red cards this season as Chuks Aneke also picked up his second dismissal of the campaign.

Not bitter those Addicks...

Blackpool are a bog standard competent 3rd tier team who have had midweek off.
Those two facts alone are enabling them to wipe the floor with us.

Diabolical TS must now act if he’s going to be a serious owner of this club we’re playing Blackpool not Bayern munich.

Bowyers clips:

The second penalty they got was unreal, the worst decision I’ve ever seen in my life. The player dives on the floor. They keep making decisions against us and they have to be accountable as well. I’d love to see who is watching the ref and judging him. We are going to appeal and send all these clips in and we will get another apology but that doesn't help me or the team.
:clown:

Bowyers clips:

The second penalty they got was unreal, the worst decision I’ve ever seen in my life. The player dives on the floor. They keep making decisions against us and they have to be accountable as well. I’d love to see who is watching the ref and judging him. We are going to appeal and send all these clips in and we will get another apology but that doesn't help me or the team.
:clown:

Aye, it was the refs who made him do 4 subs at half time.

I thought Yates was going to get booked for diving for the second pen tbf. Looked a bit of a weak decision. Felt like the ref was getting wound up by Charlton for some reason. Like they wanted him to send them all off and be done with it.

Essex Snr and me at HT said there would be a red but could"t get the bet on... skybet obviously thought so too.
Hastings said at half time that they would end up with 9 men!!!

Charlton players looked like they didn't want to be on the pitch. The four subs at half time spoke volumes.

I like Aneke though and would have him here in better times. A more effective Madine.

Charlton players looked like they didn't want to be on the pitch. The four subs at half time spoke volumes.

I like Aneke though and would have him here in better times. A more effective Madine.
Terry McPhillips came very close to signing him for us.

Anyone seen his dummy?

Lee Bowyer was frustrated following his side's 3-0 loss to Blackpool at The Valley.
The Addicks found themselves a goal behind just eight minutes in through a Jerry Yates penalty.
“Where do you start? We gave them a goal head start from a simple ball in behind,” he told Charlton TV's Valley Pass Live. “After that the officials kill us. Jayden Stockley's [disallowed] goal was onside again. [Darren] Pratley’s second yellow was harsh. Chuks Aneke's red too. It was one decision after the other today, we got nothing from the officials. We will contest Chuks’ red, he jumped for the ball to contest and does what every striker would do there.
“Their second goal was disappointing, picked it up 40 yards from goal and ran 20 yards uncontested, it wasn't good enough.
“The second penalty they got was unreal, the worst decision I’ve ever seen in my life. The player dives on the floor. They keep making decisions against us and they have to be accountable as well. I’d love to see who is watching the ref and judging him. We are going to appeal and send all these clips in and we will get another apology but that doesn't help me or the team. We have to improve and improve quickly.”
Half-time saw the introduction of four substitutes as Aneke, Matt Smith, Ian Maatsen and Ben Watson came into the action. Discussing the half-time changes.
The result saw the Addicks drop down to 12th position in the table, and the manager believes that the position isn’t a true reflection of the squad.
He said: “It’s not good enough, I said from the beginning it will be difficult to get to the playoffs but we are better than where we are in the league, it’s not good enough where we are sitting. We have better players than 12th position and they have to look at themselves at times.”

Loved that ref. It's usually us moaning like ftugg about them.
Thought both reds were nailed on as was the first pen.
Only questionable decions were Yates' booking and the 2nd pen.

Yeah, thought the 2nd pen was very soft.

It's pure deflection from Bowyer though, 2-0 down and they were 4 subs in before the ref got to any controversial decisions.

Charlton Group
Toggle Navigation
Scroll Top

Chuks Aneke's red card against Blackpool overturned
1st March 2021 18:30pm
e9e2b4f1e03ce1cfe8b568e149b8844f7ecc34481c7401692a70e276b41af9ab620419e59e18b5ea.jpg

The red card produced to Chuks Aneke during Saturday's 3-0 defeat to Blackpool at The Valley has been overturned following a successful appeal by the club.
The striker was dismissed by referee Brett Hextable in the 85th minute of the match for 'violent conduct' following an aerial duel with Blackpool's Daniel Ballard. The red card would have resulted in a four-match ban for Aneke due to the incident being his second dismissal of the campaign.
With replays showing the decision to be incorrect, the club lodged an appeal to have the decision overturned. Following a review by the Football Association's independent Regulatory Commission, the claim for wrongful dismissal was successful and the red card has now been rescinded, making Aneke available for the trip to Wigan Athletic on Tuesday evening.