Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 37 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

the first fifteen minutes need sorting. more and more slow starts, ever since peterborough at home i make it.
conceded the first goal 6 times in ten games. and in all of the last 4. no chance of picking up 2 points a game if that continues.

Hey everyone, make sure you overreact and get your awful take in.

Not won as many games as we could’ve recently but second in the league.

Emotions undoubtedly high after a late defeat but the wheels have not fallen off, it’s not all fallen apart, and we’re not totally fucked.

People are entitled to their opinion but they’re also now open to be called morons. Someone on Lincoln Twitter feeling aggrieved we’re not playing Sam Long over Palmer.

Be reasonable people, we’re performing above expectations and there is still a massive amount of games to played. This isn’t blind loyalist, it’s just not immediate, rushed, pointless, negative feedback.

Absolutely this^.
For the life of me, I cant understand why we didnt stiffen the midfield at 2-3. We kept on the ball playing, attack minded young lads. We went 2 down because we are too open early on, why on earth not change it late on when you know they are going to throw the cider stills at us?.

I think MA didn't make changes because Plymouth were there for the taking at 2-3. But I thought we became arrogant again. Slowed the game down thinking we could take the p out of them without moving the ball quickly as we had been doing straight after half time. That gave them more of the ball, and we aren't defending well enough at the moment to invite pressure.

Palmer's confidence looks shot and he isn't commanding the defense like he was before his two recent errors. In midfield we are badly missing Bridcott. Johnson was much better today (but should have scored a 4th), while Rogers looked exhausted. But we are down to the bare bones as regards fit players, so what can MA do.

Just joining the conversation - can't do the Forum while watching the game. Sorry if the point has already been made. But when did Lincoln last concede 4 goals? And when did we last score 3 and not win.

Last time that we conceded four was the Sunderland match in December and the last time that we scored three and did not win was v Accrington in February last year when we lost 4-3.

In my 45 years as an Imp the 'third division' ie the one we are in now is the highest we've ever been. We are currently sitting in, if we finish there, the highest finishing position I'd have ever seen. We very well may be back in League 1 for the start of the 22/23 season, but with a healthier bank balance and the memories of games in the second highest league in this country.

Take any promotion that happily comes along

Last time that we conceded four was the Sunderland match in December and the last time that we scored three and did not win was v Accrington in February last year when we lost 4-3.

That Accrington game was spookily similar to how today played out, bar the weather.
From memory, although it was only 2 further games it turned out to be the last ever appearance for a few that day. I don't think that will be the case this time though

I do wonder if MA just might be looking at whether there are some free agents about to add numbers to the squad. Much will depend on how Grant's injury turns out

There are some revolting comments on our club's twitter posted by Plymouth "fans".

Hope the club report the worst to the authorities.

Ultimately I feel the club are not expecting championship football
I cede my long-cherished role of Vital's premier pessimist to you, my friend! :tophat:

i am not a pessimist but a realist.

i am not being negative or down - why should I be we are exceeding expectations which was probably favourites for relegation after last seasons form.

whilst we have good good footballers they are not the finished article

if we go up we will have to get rid of most of them, it will cost a fortune and would be a struggle. If we have another 12 months of positive development we will have some home grown championship footballers

Oh, and I do disagree. We ARE ready to go up.

We have played Championship quality football on many occasions this season. I think we would hold our own up there if we can keep the squad together, add a goalscorer, and add more squad depth.

As Notty says, you never turn down the chance of a promotion by thinking you are not ready.

i am not being negative or down - why should I be we are exceeding expectations which was probably favourites for relegation after last seasons form.

if we go up we will have to get rid of most of them, it will cost a fortune and would be a struggle. If we have another 12 months of positive development we will have some home grown championship footballers
if we go up, everyone in the squad will be a championship footballer. )))

Wrong! If we go up, we add to the promising young squad and continue to develop our talented young players. We box clever and use the Championship money wisely. If we do go up and then get relegated, we go again.

That's how football works if you do it correctly, especially at a small club like LCFC with a plan and a vision.