Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 36 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

Just joining the conversation - can't do the Forum while watching the game. Sorry if the point has already been made. But when did Lincoln last concede 4 goals? And when did we last score 3 and not win. Only a couple of weeks ago one of my lads was commenting on Lincoln's fantastic defensive record, but things seem to be changing. As the commentators said, a great game for neutrals. Looked like a bad pass from our player to set them up with the winner, and one of our players didn't pick up the man who ran at goal. But it's going to be topsy turvey from now. Didn't expect to be where we are now at the start of the season, and maybe we won't finish where we are now. Maybe it's one one of the consequences of having a young squad, and having to rely on one "old head" - in Bridcutt - who's having his share of injuries - we miss him. Anyway, I'm a long term Imps fan, so I'm used to things not going to plan

Reading these threads I thought we had just got beaten at Welling again. It’s really disappointing for sure after getting back into the lead and Jorge getting injured. Would we have taken this position going into March when we trotted out against Oxford? You bet we would!
We have been terrific this season and Appy has done an amazing job.
Today is raw and hugely frustrating but let’s get our heads down and crack on now. We haven’t become a bad side because of the last 20 mins today.
UTI deep breath and let’s go again.

If 2nd in League 1 is "all gone wrong" you need a reality check.
Oh good grief. Sorry, everything is peachy. We’re in a wonderful, unbelievable, position. Things are looking up for the Club. It is a wonderful time to be an Imp. We’ve played some great stuff over the season. But, we’re not going to stay where we are placed on recent form, so it has “all gone wrong”. I don’t doubt that things will improve again, but for now, I’ll blow off some steam at our hopefully temporary areas of crapness. Suggesting a need to take a “reality check” is out of order.

we are in relegation form. I still think we will finish in the playoffs but we are 12 months ahead being promoted
This is a young side, performing well above everyone's expectations this season. Take out 2 of our most experienced players with injury and naivety is showing.

We showed for most of this game we are still one of the best sides in this league, a long way from relegation standard "form, class" etc.

Lack of experience and poor game management cost us but the fundamentals remain sound.

Well the Bass has been consumed and I have fallen back onto a reserve squad of French stubbies that have habituated the Garage for a while waiting for the chance to tickle my taste buds .Its Paprika wedges ,stuffed Peppers [Greek style] and a finely chopped and dressed Salad tonight all prepared today . Stay safe every one and lets all enjoy life even though sometimes it seems a bit a bitch .Peace and Love to you all .Alla prossima

Hull had a blip and slumped badly, as did Accrington and Doncaster. Peterborough are the only team being consistent and they had a scare today. And then there’s Charlton. If MA can nip this in the bud soon then we should remain in a good position.

Just joining the conversation - can't do the Forum while watching the game. Sorry if the point has already been made. But when did Lincoln last concede 4 goals? And when did we last score 3 and not win. Only a couple of weeks ago one of my lads was commenting on Lincoln's fantastic defensive record, but things seem to be changing. As the commentators said, a great game for neutrals. Looked like a bad pass from our player to set them up with the winner, and one of our players didn't pick up the man who ran at goal. But it's going to be topsy turvey from now. Didn't expect to be where we are now at the start of the season, and maybe we won't finish where we are now. Maybe it's one one of the consequences of having a young squad, and having to rely on one "old head" - in Bridcutt - who's having his share of injuries - we miss him. Anyway, I'm a long term Imps fan, so I'm used to things not going to plan
No coincidence we’ve been conceding since Walsh & Bridcutt have been out 😕

Not ready for it? We’ve been waiting 60 something years as it is, have potentially the best chance we will ever have and some people are saying we don’t want to go up because it’s too early! Fuck me.

we aren’t ready for it, we got promoted in 98 and look where it got us!

we have a good young squad and a good manager. But we are naive, a street wise team would have seen that out.