Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

Threw that one away. Awful first 15 but after that we were superb but then when we got in front we sat back and allowed Argyle to get back on track. Concerns now over Grants injury. Really need to reset and get ourselves back on track otherwise this downward spiral will continue. Still second but four behind Posh and one ahead of Hull but two in hand. Fleetwood is now another biggest game if the season.

I assume this is irony?

We scored three times away from home.

There's some totally barmy comments on here, I mean real One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest stuff. Season's over after 15 minutes, then the team is brilliant, then it's no good again.

Get a ******* grip, it was a good game and for 70 minutes a really good performance where we looked a division better than Plymouth.

They'll be wondering how the hell they won a game they should have lost by a couple of goals despite being two up.
Well, they have done it twice now - the FA Cup game as well.

FT. Tremendous game for the neutral. We fought really well to get in front then took our foot off the gas and allowed Argyle to take the initiative. Edun twice tried to tackle early and missed both times which let them in. Shame, blemished our away record a bit. Are Argyle one of our bogey teams away from home? I wouldn’t have said they deserved to win but at the same time neither did we. Of more concern is the injury to Grant - looked like a twisted ankle judging by the way he went down. Pretty sure he won’t be available for Tuesday and probably Saturday either. Injury list mounts 😱😱.

good point. is appleton saying we havent anyone on the bench out of 7 subs that are good enough to play? 4 days after he admitted some players looked tired?
We don't have game changers on the bench. The first XI changed the game then we concede two stupid goals at the end.

Oh blimey - I really hope not season defining but that does not bode well. To lose from a great winning position shows a soft underbelly - we’ve suddenly started conceding lots of goals. Jorge’s injury looks nasty, on the replay he clearly went right over on his ankle, if he’s done his ligaments badly then we won’t see him again this season.

Can’t quite believe that
What’s going on with our game management it’s like no one is taking a decision on without considering consequences
How on on earth have we lost that
And I’ll add I can’t recall the last time the keeper made a decent save

The thing is we are kidding ourselves we have been poor for weeks.

injuries, arrogance poor in game play. Say what you like but we have been poor for a while.

I am struggling to see the light at they end of the tunnel.

With Walsh and Bridcutt in that game we win. The lack of experience is starting to show, with misplaced passes in the wrong half of the pitch when players are out of position.
Still I thought we actually played far better than we have in the last few games today.
Big week coming up with home matches against Fleetwood and Crewe. Almost become a must get 6 points if we are seriously going to challenge for top 2

wow. amazing that we got ourselves into a situation to win it. just needed to see out the game professionally.
instead... absolute chaos. not really what you expect from a team at the top.
and omg. edun, edun, edun , EDUN!

although 2 good finishes from plymouth, when presented with chances

for us, hopper missed a sitter, and johnson got his usual tunnel vision when one-on-one (rogers was free in the middle for the cut back). score either of those and it would have finished them off.

we have had a great run away from home. but what a way for it to end.

they used 5 subs to keep going. with the injuries, we don't have the strength to do much from the bench.

good point. is appleton saying we havent anyone on the bench out of 7 subs that are good enough to play? 4 days after he admitted some players looked tired?
Appleton mentions about not much time to train as games coming thick and fast so its more about conditioning but still plays the players for 90 minutes without making changes when it is obvious we are tiering then on Tuesday will most likely be a similar story like it has been for the last month. We could all see we started to look tired, Rogers looked dead on his feet for the last 20 minutes at least.

Threw that one away. Awful first 15 but after that we were superb but then when we got in front we sat back and allowed Argyle to get back on track. Concerns now over Grants injury. Really need to reset and get ourselves back on track otherwise this downward spiral will continue. Still second but four behind Posh and one ahead of Hull but two in hand. Fleetwood is now another biggest game if the season.

I didn't think we sat back. We kept looking for more goals. Plymouth's equaliser was only their second attempt in the second half.