NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 484 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she's been involved in negotiations with various parties and had no idea about the amonisty between certain sections of both fan bases!!
That is astonishing and worrying.
Spot on sid does she live in Wigan

495 pages on this post now. If you go back and read a few. They are quite laughable. We have gone from Americans. Rich race horse owners. Spanish. Framptons. Dreamland And. now some mystery men from god knows Where. And more than likely finish up in the hands of some chancer waiting to pounce

495 pages on this post now. If you go back and read a few. They are quite laughable. We have gone from Americans. Rich race horse owners. Spanish. Framptons. Dreamland And. now some mystery men from god knows Where. And more than likely finish up in the hands of some chancer waiting to pounce

... and your point is ?

My concern is if she is just taking on the views of certain individual fans that is not a true representation of the fan base.
So who are these idividual fans,that she is taking "on views" from ?

What is a true representation of the fan base.

The vast majority of people from this town don't watch sport of either code, football or rugby, they no nothing of any historical animosity between fans yet want the best for the towns representatives at any level be it sporting clubs or successful businesses.

... and your point is ?

Just been catching up myself, my interest has waned in recent weeks.

I’m guessing his point is we’ve had a diverse range of prospective owners, from all continents of the globe, and there are still no takers at a relatively cheap price. As such it’s difficult to remain optimistic for a successful outcome.

i thought that your man Nixon had said that these guys were new to the process & not the same middle Eastern team who showed an interest the first time round?

If I'm remembering correctly he said the Barahanis been hanging round for a while. There was a brand new bidder in January but I don't think it was them.

We have 1 potential owner who has passed the EFL check and shook on the deal and can wrap up the deal imminently.

We have another potential owner in the process of being passed by the EFL.

Admin said start of March they hoped deal would be concluded.

Supporters club said it's all positive and hoping for good news in next 2 or 3 weeks.

No negative rumours about new owners unlike the Spanish.

To me I don't think we should be gloomy, it sounds more promising than at any other time since we've been in administration.

There are no guarantees but there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel and reasons to be positive. Can't count our chickens yet but I'm personally pretty comfortable with where we are right now and as hopeful as I've ever been that we are finally close to the end of this.

So who are these idividual fans,that she is taking "on views" from ?

What is a true representation of the fan base.

The vast majority of people from this town don't watch sport of either code, football or rugby, they no nothing of any historical animosity between fans yet want the best for the towns representatives at any level be it sporting clubs or successful businesses.
It's actually know not no
Way off the mark lmb it's a known fact in Wigan
Both sporting clubs fans have well not all fans but majority do have a little hatred to each other
As I usually drink in the dreg bars in town you see it more often

A guess based on your Hampton name
The Goon Show on the wireless always tried to get rude jokes on the airwaves.
So characters were called names such as:
Hugh Jarse- huge arse
Hugh Hampton - huge hampton.
Hampton, cockernee rhyming slang for Hampton Wick - dick

Hence Richard, just a thought, maybe you are not that old
Note to self, never explain jokes, from more innocent times.
Thanks for the explanation Daleks and yes, it's before my time - child of the seventies 😉
The only goons I know are a bunch of handy tics following lads 😉🤣
Thankfully not a Richard / Dick (though some may disagree 🤭)

Thanks for the explanation Daleks and yes, it's before my time - child of the seventies 😉
The only goons I know are a bunch of handy tics following lads 😉🤣
Thankfully not a Richard / Dick (though some may disagree 🤭)
Do you remember crofters mob Hampton
Now there was some handy lads

It's actually know not no
Way off the mark lmb it's a known fact in Wigan
Both sporting clubs fans have well not all fans but majority do have a little hatred to each other
As I usually drink in the dreg bars in town you see it more often

If you care to read it, I wasn't talking there about sporting rivalry, I said the majority of people in Wigan do not support either football or rugby, so will be unaware of any animosity, but still want the best for anything Wigan based.
But seeing as you did bring up the animosity, do you not think that it is pathetic, and I said before I include myself in the group with pathetic views on the rivalry.

Some have it that bad, they would prefer our demise rather than have a pile of concrete where we play our sport owned by the rugby club, now that is truly pathetic.

I actually had a conversation with her to explain the bitterness between us and giver her some of the reasoning behind it as she did not know, she was astonished that two groups of people could have such polarised views over two different sports.
I sincerely hope this was not a recent conversation she's been the towns MP for over 10 years....! If she wasn't aware of the mutual dislike between Tics and Klumps that's shocking. Begs the question what other well known local issues is she unaware of.

If you care to read it, I wasn't talking there about sporting rivalry, I said the majority of people in Wigan do not support either football or rugby, so will be unaware of any animosity, but still want the best for anything Wigan based.
But seeing as you did bring up the animosity, do you not think that it is pathetic, and I said before I include myself in the group with pathetic views on the rivalry.

Some have it that bad, they would prefer our demise rather than have a pile of concrete where we play our sport owned by the rugby club, now that is truly pathetic.
Little dig at me there its fine I don't mind
But has the song goes we didn't start the fire

We have 1 potential owner who has passed the EFL check and shook on the deal and can wrap up the deal imminently.

We have another potential owner in the process of being passed by the EFL.

Admin said start of March they hoped deal would be concluded.

Supporters club said it's all positive and hoping for good news in next 2 or 3 weeks.

No negative rumours about new owners unlike the Spanish.

To me I don't think we should be gloomy, it sounds more promising than at any other time since we've been in administration.

There are no guarantees but there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel and reasons to be positive. Can't count our chickens yet but I'm personally pretty comfortable with where we are right now and as hopeful as I've ever been that we are finally close to the end of this.
I hope your are right, I think most of the fan base are at the end of their tether with this now. The hull result the other week was lowest I had felt through out all this. Since then I have felt a bit more upbeat so I am hoping that was rock bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.