Temporary stand | Page 4 | Vital Football

Temporary stand

If funds ever allowed it, and needs called for it, then yes, 6000 on coop side can definitely be matched by the same on St Andrews side. And maybe a new stand there one day could be up to 8000 or so.
Stacey West is planned to go up to around 3000. So we could end up somewhere above 15000 seats one day.

Priority though is income maximisation and getting as much from away fans as possible is a key objective.
How times have changed. Away fans used to be very much un welcomed at Sincil Bank not so long back .A visit to Lincoln carried a Government Health Warning .The area around the ground felt like a no go zone with a very moody feel to it. Now the Lower High Street has a great buzz during match days .The atmosphere is positive and although very partisan it remains friendly .Pubs and take aways are packed .Its brilliant and I so miss it.

I don’t think we need to move, we could easily make the Sincil Bank site into an 18-20 thousand ground. We just need the non match day revenue facilities to help with cashflow
We couldn't get parked with 6,000 at Sincil Bank never mind the now normal 9,000 and 18-20k!!!! :lol:

I have visions of you jumping from a bridge and clinging to the top of an Inter City Train all the way to Lincoln, just to get your weekly fix of all things LCFC.

We don't have a bridge nearby that I could jump off. In any case, the East Coast main line has overhead power cables, so jumping off a bridge might not be such a good idea!!

The only answer to that is to move back to the Metropolis.
By the way why weren't you mentioned on Hope and Glory tonight?

That is because I was busy preparing questions for our local pub quiz on Sunday evening (which the Mrs and I won last week so have to do the next lot of questions) and I forgot the time! When I looked it was already nearly half six, so I didn't bother.

In 2030 you'll just park it wherever you run out of charge and walk the test of the way to the ground.
That would be a problem for me.

On the subject of a temporary stand, the idea was dismissed last year as too expensive with too little return, so I wonder how it can be any more cost-effective now. They also mentioned the need to future-proof any development outlay in light of a proposed stadium move, and that is surely more relevant than ever. There is also the issue of where to put it - I believe the area between the SW and the Senility is required for access, although that may not still be the case. Presumably it could be placed behind the South Park end, which is not much taller than a Subbuteo stand, but that could prove a bit scary for the occupants. We could use it for Sunderland fans, I suppose.

That would be a problem for me.

On the subject of a temporary stand, the idea was dismissed last year as too expensive with too little return, so I wonder how it can be any more cost-effective now. They also mentioned the need to future-proof any development outlay in light of a proposed stadium move, and that is surely more relevant than ever. There is also the issue of where to put it - I believe the area between the SW and the Senility is required for access, although that may not still be the case. Presumably it could be placed behind the South Park end, which is not much taller than a Subbuteo stand, but that could prove a bit scary for the occupants. We could use it for Sunderland fans, I suppose.

Oh things are still very uncertain then. Part of me says to hell with it let's just move to the kind of ground that befits what were aspiring to on the pitch. But another part of me says let's get Sincil Bank to look like a proper football ground as soon as possible. But really there is no point doing the latter in my opinion if a move is in the offing even if it is projected to be at least 10 years down the line. Of course any money put by for the new ground would be quickly eroded by inflation.
It's a huge decision.

Just looking at some of the costs of new grounds
Riverside 1995 £15 million
JJB 1998 £30 million
New York Stadium 2011 £20 million
Even the Pirelli cost £7.5 million. ( no thanks)

I can't see how we will be able to fund a DECENT new ground. Surely it will be cheaper to re- develop what we've got. What ever non - match day revenue facilities needed can be incorporated. Location is central Lincoln. Out of town days of the Mall are over. I have seen the future.

How times have changed. Away fans used to be very much un welcomed at Sincil Bank not so long back .A visit to Lincoln carried a Government Health Warning .The area around the ground felt like a no go zone with a very moody feel to it. Now the Lower High Street has a great buzz during match days .The atmosphere is positive and although very partisan it remains friendly .Pubs and take aways are packed .Its brilliant and I so miss it.
Remember that slogan on the outside concrete wall of the Sincil Bank terrace aimed at away fans, 'your last chance to run', the wall in those days was topped with barded wire , only needed a machine gun post to make it look like something from WW1 . Times have changed somewhat !!

We couldn't get parked with 6,000 at Sincil Bank never mind the now normal 9,000 and 18-20k!!!! :lol:
How times have changed. My Dad drove me from the Brant Road area at 7pm and we were at the ground for 7:30 when we played Derby in 1967 when the record attendance occurred. Can't remember where we parked, but probably South Common.

I liked this one I did. When I get a chance I will have a go at producing a full length image with all red seats and THE IMPS written in the seats.
I thought it was you Casper but i wasnt sure. What we need is the new SW and the full length Selenity together. and also from the air. ;)

'kin hell that's grim.
And people wonder why gates dropped down to the levels they did in the 80's.

I remember leaving Field Mill with my wife at the end of a game - must have been the late 80's.

On the opposite side of the road cars were going over and a couple of hundred fans of both clubs were getting properly stuck to each in with assorted improvised weapons including a lengthy metal bar of some description.

We carried on sauntering down the other side of the road, avoiding the trouble and barely batted an eyelid, only paying enough attention to make sure we didn't inadvertently stray into it. Certainly neither of us were shocked or surprised by it. People that went to football in those days were by and large immune to how out of kilter football and acceptable societal norms had become.

That said, paradoxically (if you read the papers) I would say society was generally more violent than it is today. I remember well the days in Hull when the pubs shut at 1030pm on A Friday/Saturday night and several hundred drunk revellers would congregate at the central bus station for the last buses home to the various estates. Almost without exception there were mass brawls between dozens of combatants kicking absolute lumps out of the youths from the 'other' lot.

The police would corral the perimeter. complete with a coach sized cell bus and observe to pick out those deemed to have committed GBH levels of injury. Eventually the buses would roll out and everybody went home until the next time.

It's only years later that I contemplated that level of violence at football wasn't exceptional and how de-sensitised people had become to it all.

As a young man I wasn't offended by the decaying stadiums and ridiculous levels of violence. I never got involved but I would be a barefaced liar if I said that I didn't love the air of absolute hatred and hostility that was generated around football matches. The nastier and more venal it was, the more it felt like a proper matchday.

As an older, wiser person I am so pleased those days are long gone and as oldgaurd highlighted the atmosphere in and around the Sincil Bank area is truly wonderful and inspiring for all the right reasons.