Coronavirus | Page 584 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

LBC radio this morning the presenter, was asking why BAME communities in the UK were not taking up the vaccine. LBC is London based and mainly London orientated. He came up with Alum Rock and Sutton/four oaks as two areas of Birmingham that are just a few miles apart (nearly 10 in reality) One being 91% BAME and the other 12% Bame. Alum Rock has a 60% take-up in over 80'S and Sutton 95% .
My mind was telling me why are they comparing areas and not like for like people, why are they not comparing the 91% with the 12% who are likely to be different social classes but the same colour

It would be the same then as comparing a rough white area with a posh white area and see if they take up is lower in the poor, less educated anti-government a white areas.
We'd then see if it is down to being poor or it's cultural etc

I know I overthink some things and under think others

LBC radio this morning the presenter, was asking why BAME communities in the UK were not taking up the vaccine. LBC is London based and mainly London orientated. He came up with Alum Rock and Sutton/four oaks as two areas of Birmingham that are just a few miles apart (nearly 10 in reality) One being 91% BAME and the other 12% Bame. Alum Rock has a 60% take-up in over 80'S and Sutton 95% .
My mind was telling me why are they comparing areas and not like for like people, why are they not comparing the 91% with the 12% who are likely to be different social classes but the same colour

It would be the same then as comparing a rough white area with a posh white area and see if they take up is lower in the poor, less educated anti-government a white areas.

You havent overthought anything. This comparison gave them the most stark result they could get, and so chose it, in the full knowledge that 99% of their listeners wouldnt know what we know about the demographic of the two areas.
It gave them what they wanted.

It's funny, isn't it? Working class issues are being repackaged as BAME issues and are being blamed on endemic racism but when the SJWs go looking for said endemic racism, they can't find it so they end up attacking anyone who misspeaks online. It's like an overly sensitive immune system attacking pollen

Researchers aren't interested (can't get funded) to compare issues by class any more. Every issue gets filtered through race even though middle class BAME communities correspond much higher to middle class white communities than they do working class BAME communities on almost all issues.

If I was conspiracy minded, I'd suspect that the upper class who run Britain (hi Boris) are very happy to have the SJWs out there turning over stones trying to find all of the racists they are sure are out there rather than looking at issues along class lines.

Last edited:
You havent overthought anything. This comparison gave them the most stark result they could get, and so chose it, in the full knowledge that 99% of their listeners wouldnt know what we know about the demographic of the two areas.
It gave them what they wanted.

You need to listen to some that dial-in, one woman phoned in a said she phoned her Dad in the Congo to see if she should have the vaccine, he said yes because it was different to the ones they use in Africa which contain different things to suppress black people FFS so he wouldn't be having it.
A 41-year-old man who said he was mixed-race fit and healthy and it only killed 1% of people so he wasn't having it, as it was only benefitting other people.

White woke woman who was speaking on behalf of BAME people because they are frightened (and obviously need her to speak for them) to have the vaccine because of the way white people treat them, it's comedy gold if it wasn't so serious.

A lot of these areas don't speak English don't mix in the general population don't watch mainstream TV and certainly don't listen to LBC, they see Bame celebrities as just that a celebrity and not someone they can relate to.

I'm not sure what Asian and West Indian Radio are putting out there but they surely should be doing the right things and telling them the vaccine is ok?

It's funny, isn't it? Working class issues are being repackaged as BAME issues and are being blamed on endemic racism but when the SJWs go looking for said endemic racism, they can't find it so they end up attacking anyone who misspeaks online. It's like an overly sensitive immune system attacking pollen

Researchers aren't interested (can't get funded) to compare issues by class any more. Every issues gets filtered through race even though middle class BAME communities correspond much higher to middle class white communities than they do working class BAME communities on almost all issues.

If I was conspiracy minded, I'd suspect that the upper class who run Britain (hi Boris) are very happy to have the SJWs out there turning over stones trying to find all of the racists they are sure are out there rather than looking at issues along class lines.
spot on BB, we've lumped all BAME people into one group and not singled out the posh middle-class ones who are just a brown version of the same social group as white posh people, they still practice their regions but wouldn't be seen dead in Alum Rock for instance. My bet is they have had the vaccine just like their white counterparts

I was down with the practice nurse this morning to get my quarterly vitamin B12 shot and she told me that, all things being equal, I'll be getting my initial Covid jab week starting 22nd March. We're certainly a fair bit behind the UK - if we were there both of us would have our first injection by now - but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I was down with the practice nurse this morning to get my quarterly vitamin B12 shot and she told me that, all things being equal, I'll be getting my initial Covid jab week starting 22nd March. We're certainly a fair bit behind the UK - if we were there both of us would have our first injection by now - but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Certainly are behind BBJ, I had mine 2 weeks ago and we haven't officially got down to the under 65s yet, Mrs had hers at 59 and 51 weeks but has since had a letter telling her she is high risk as she is now 60 and should get in touch to gat the jab.
So looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in the NHS. It's a postcode lottery I think, not that I'm complaining

Well at least junior 1 now knows how his A level grades will be assessed this summer, whether fair, unfair, right or wrong

Not knowing was really doing his head in.

Now really sure how it couldn't be done other than the way being set down today .There really wasn't one overall fair solution.

You need to listen to some that dial-in, one woman phoned in a said she phoned her Dad in the Congo to see if she should have the vaccine, he said yes because it was different to the ones they use in Africa which contain different things to suppress black people FFS so he wouldn't be having it.
A 41-year-old man who said he was mixed-race fit and healthy and it only killed 1% of people so he wasn't having it, as it was only benefitting other people.

White woke woman who was speaking on behalf of BAME people because they are frightened (and obviously need her to speak for them) to have the vaccine because of the way white people treat them, it's comedy gold if it wasn't so serious.

A lot of these areas don't speak English don't mix in the general population don't watch mainstream TV and certainly don't listen to LBC, they see Bame celebrities as just that a celebrity and not someone they can relate to.

I'm not sure what Asian and West Indian Radio are putting out there but they surely should be doing the right things and telling them the vaccine is ok?
Trouble is 57 people believe all the shit you outline above, and take it as factual.
Surveys that are funded by left wing groups get left wing answers, and those funded by right wing groups get right wing answers.
I think they are given the outcomes they want in advance of the surveys being done.
It is portrayed as a BAME issue, but the group of people who continually end up at the wrong end of just about every survey are white working class boys, however there is no money or political mileage in that group, so they contiue to be ignored in favour of other groups, who have advocates who shout louder on their behalf.
With regard to BAME groups not having the vaccine, as long as it works for all of those of us that do have it I dont care.
This is very much like black on black crime in the cities, its the black communities who are the first to cry racism when something is done to try and stop it, but it is they who are mostly affected.
This is similar, dont have the vaccine because of some religious bullshit, and then try to twist the whole reason for higher death rates to being a racial issue.
If you dont want the vaccine dont have it, but shut the fuck up if you end up getting Covid.

It's interesting that BAME people and Brexit supporters have high levels of vaccine scepticism. It's almost as if they have something in common. Something that goes beyond skin colour.

It's interesting that BAME people and Brexit supporters have high levels of vaccine scepticism. It's almost as if they have something in common. Something that goes beyond skin colour.

A lot more of the BAME community voted for Brexit from my experience than I originally thought would.

I don’t know the stats, but it seems to me that a fair amount of first and second generation older Asians for example voted leave, siding with perhaps some of the population who - let’s be honest - don’t like immigrants, even though they were the immigrants that originally weren’t liked.

I guess Priti Patel and her elders would be the prime example of that trend

A lot more of the BAME community voted for Brexit from my experience than I originally thought would.

I don’t know the stats, but it seems to me that a fair amount of first and second generation older Asians for example voted leave, siding with perhaps some of the population who - let’s be honest - don’t like immigrants, even though they were the immigrants that originally weren’t liked.

I guess Priti Patel and her elders would be the prime example of that trend
In the build up to the Brexit vote I was in a park in Brum walking the dog, and got talking to an Indian guy.
He was telling me he was taking a break from door 2 door canvassing for the Brexit Party.
I asked him why he was voting out, and he said there were far too many immigrants being allowed to come into the country.
He said he particularly objected to the Pakistanis and the Romanians, on the basis of they were all criminals.
Very difficult to generalise.

In the build up to the Brexit vote I was in a park in Brum walking the dog, and got talking to an Indian guy.
He was telling me he was taking a break from door 2 door canvassing for the Brexit Party.
I asked him why he was voting out, and he said there were far too many immigrants being allowed to come into the country.
He said he particularly objected to the Pakistanis and the Romanians, on the basis of they were all criminals.
Very difficult to generalise.

Yep, I have some Indian blood in my other half’s side of the family who are older, who were leavers. Also, I remember talking to people who I work with who had older parents, were also leavers. I worked with some Asians in their 30’s or 40’s who were leavers too.

The common theme was anti immigration for me, even those coming in from the same origins as they were from. I guess like a stereotypical white leavers, they want the services to support them and their family.