#COVID19 | Page 878 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Despite your vociferous criticism of Wales (and reliance on the 'fact' that vaccinations trump all else), Wales was faster than England to vaccinate the top four groups and are still ahead of England in terms of the percentage of population vaccinated.

It's still only a small percentage and 'just vaccinating only a small percentage only protects that percentage against the virus that has been vaccinated against.'

There y'go. You're getting it.

So to be clear, when England are smashing it out the park, the vaccine is not the silver bullet we all think it is, but you then came across a story about how Wales are doing it differently (better) you think the vaccine is worthy of parsnip-buttering?

Looks like the granny-loving dwarf is getting quizzed by the Empire about his CP-esque twaddle criticism of the AstraZeneca/Oxford jab...

"European Union leaders challenged Emmanuel Macron over his inaccurate claims that the AstraZeneca vaccine was “quasi-ineffectual”, it emerged on Wednesday.

The French president said the jab did not appear to work on the over 65s in late January just hours before the EU’s medicines regulator approved it for use on all adults.

A senior EU official revealed that Mr Macron was asked about his comments, which have been linked to a reluctance in some European countries to take the AstraZeneca jab."

So to be clear, when England are smashing it out the park, the vaccine is not the silver bullet we all think it is, but you then came across a story about how Wales are doing it differently (better) you think the vaccine is worthy of parsnip-buttering?
No, that isn't the point I'm making at all.
I'm making the points that you shouldn't smugly besmirch Wales when by the statistic you favour above all others they are actually doing marginally better.

I do believe that vaccines are the best tool, by far, that we have of getting out of this mess and have been complimentary about how well the UK is doing: from scientists, to NHS, to government.
Having said that, the frightening infographic I posted shows that vast numbers of people across the world do not even have their jab on order. It is quite possible that mutations will occur in those populations during 2021, that will put our own vaccinated population back at risk.

I'm making the points that you shouldn't smugly besmirch Wales when by the statistic you favour above all others they are actually doing marginally better.

I do believe that vaccines are the best tool, by far, that we have of getting out of this mess and have been complimentary about how well the UK is doing: from scientists, to NHS, to government.
Having said that, the frightening infographic I posted shows that vast numbers of people across the world do not even have their jab on order. It is quite possible that mutations will occur in those populations during 2021, that will put our own vaccinated population back at risk.

That is a concern of that there is no doubt and needs addressing. I stop short of criticism of the wealthy nations, but that will quickly turn if the COVAX scheme is shown wanting.

Also with regards annual mutations, this is where the WHO needs to earn their corn.

Instead of lecturing us about the dangers of consuming too much sugar, and slurping at the hoop of Beijing, they can do a flu-like probable strain for this virus and advise an annual worldwide immunisation strategy.

Treasury figures show furlough scheme has now cost £53.8 billion which for comparison is greater than the annual budget of the Ministry of Defence.

Looks like the granny-loving dwarf is getting quizzed by the Empire about his CP-esque twaddle criticism of the AstraZeneca/Oxford jab...

"European Union leaders challenged Emmanuel Macron over his inaccurate claims that the AstraZeneca vaccine was “quasi-ineffectual”, it emerged on Wednesday.

The French president said the jab did not appear to work on the over 65s in late January just hours before the EU’s medicines regulator approved it for use on all adults.

A senior EU official revealed that Mr Macron was asked about his comments, which have been linked to a reluctance in some European countries to take the AstraZeneca jab."
Stupid words from Macron and excellent follow up by European Union officials, don't you think?

Asda announce that 5,000 jobs at risk and Boots to cut its office by 10%!!!!

This is the part of Covid that has not been covered anywhere near enough, nor has there been enough sympathy for the people this will affect - absolutely horrendous.

Really hope the high street and retail sector can recover from this, but people who’re tunnel visioned about lockdown need to understand that there are other consequences to being cautious.

Also with regards annual mutations, this is where the WHO needs to earn their corn.

Instead of lecturing us about the dangers of consuming too much sugar, and slurping at the hoop of Beijing, they can do a flu-like probable strain for this virus and advise an annual worldwide immunisation strategy.
Yawn. Instead of being so high handed, maybe you should write to them with your terrific idea?

It is blindingly obvious that this is what needs to be done. And guess who does that vital work? The same people you have disparage twice in the space of two pages. Yes, the "academics who have had little exposure to reality, or the negative effects a recession causes, (full pay wankers, I think is one of the more disparaging remarks made when the people advising these measures are not actually effected by the implementation) [who] have a slender grip on fiscal reality [and] want us to be controlled buy the state ad nauseum."

Here's an article on US efforts:
https://www.latimes.com/science/sto...-the-coronavirus-variants-in-circulation-here

And from CP, he was proper slagging it off.
I think his words were more cautious than Macron as he pointed out that experiments showed the variants were less susceptible to the vaccine (which is correct) but, either way, I don't think CP has quite so much influence or needs to take into account so much the consequences of his words on a football forum.

Except on here, of course, where he is more a god than a man.

Asda announce that 5,000 jobs at risk and Boots to cut its office by 10%!!!!

This is the part of Covid that has not been covered anywhere near enough, nor has there been enough sympathy for the people this will affect - absolutely horrendous.

Really hope the high street and retail sector can recover from this, but people who’re tunnel visioned about lockdown need to understand that there are other consequences to being cautious.
I agree with the gist of this. There is a huge mess to clear up.

But I don't know what you mean by "tunnel visioned about lockdown".
Lockdowns were essential. If we had done them sooner and harder, they would have had shorter durations, fewer people would have died, the economy would have suffered less, and we might be back in pubs by now.