Match thread - Rotherham v Forest, must win ? | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match thread - Rotherham v Forest, must win ?

It did stay this way.

We are in a fantastic position now.

Yesterday really was a vital win
I will be keeping an eye on what’s happening below until we are definitely safe but it would be good if we could sneak a top ten finish.

Still a wasted season compared to what we expected but with Hughton I am confident that next season will be better.

I will be keeping an eye on what’s happening below until we are definitely safe but it would be good if we could sneak a top ten finish.

Still a wasted season compared to what we expected but with Hughton I am confident that next season will be better.
Playoffs ffs.

It's just reminded us that any season in which we stay out of League one isn't necessarily wasted.

I remember the season where Freedman got sacked. We got into the last 5-6 games well enough above the relegation zone to not be worried about it. That's my ambition this season; get to the 40 game mark and be well out of it.

This whole season has been one long hangover from the Stoke game. It's taken me most of this season to get over the trauma of that as well

There was a glint on CH eye last night when he was asked are the play offs possible, Bournemouth won't be in there their heads have gone. Hopefully we take the sheep apart Friday, climb 4 places I think with a win.

While Bournemouth were relegated, Arter was playing for Fulham and helping them win promotion.

The fact that he was a very good player at this level is why he has been such a disappointment.
its always that -was' tho aint it. Players clubs are letting go, past thier best. I wished we'd bought Ivan Toney, felt that was half what we needed instead of 15 in or whatver it was :( Hungry, up and coming, like Antonio was

Hughton will believe there’s a chance but I can’t see it personally. Next season could be fun though.
Even to some of us skeptics, 10 pts doesnt sound as far off as it might have done a month or so ago

Last edited:
Keep winning and who knows, be annoying if we fell a point or two short but it would be good for momentum next season the higher we can get now. Shame we didn't go for Bournemouth a bit more 8 points off sounds a lot more doable.

Thats the scarey thing about being us tho right? How many times have we been in that position where we are one obvious step away from improvement only for whoever owns the club to chuck a spanner in the works?
We will lose Grabz (hoorayyy) and Murray, Taylor will get injured and we have Guerrero and De Costa up front. Hope we dont lose Woz

Even to some of us skeptics, 10 pts doesnt sound as far off as it might have done a month or so ago

On 2 Feb I posted:

"We're 9 points off 10th place. CH should make that a minimum target".

People called me a fantasist, and there's still plenty of time for it to all go wrong, but I feel more confident about that target now.