Supporters Club | Page 33 | Vital Football

Supporters Club

Well no announcement before Wednesday
Lmb
Is a statement still on the cards from Barry today

Well no announcement before Wednesday
Lmb
Is a statement still on the cards from Barry today

Barry was never making any statement, it is not his position to do so, he told me he was speculating based on talks he was having with others that a statement might have been forthcoming.

Way I took it, was that Barry was expecting to be joined by at least one SC representative and that person/people would be making some sort of announcement. He's confirmed that 2 reps are due to be on the podcast later. In other news, according to Alan Nixon, the Bahrain bid has passed the EFL checks regarding sources of cash

Way I took it, was that Barry was expecting to be joined by at least one SC representative and that person/people would be making some sort of announcement. He's confirmed that 2 reps are due to be on the podcast later. In other news, according to Alan Nixon, the Bahrain bid has passed the EFL checks regarding sources of cash
Has nixon just announced that ?

Glad he is up to speed on something that took place over two weeks ago.

Unless I've misunderstood previous bits and pieces, I think he'd said the EFL were satisfied they had the money, but that they were still checking that the cash was legit. Seems that EFL are now satisfied the Bahrain people have the cash and it's from proper sources

Nixon is nor answerable to anyone, anything he is told he can publish even information that should not be published, he doesn't give a rats ass about us or our predicament whereas the supporters club are bound by rules imposed on them to keep them in the loop and keep stum because they only have our best interest at heart and don't want to cause any adverse issues.
Nixon would be made up and publish if he was the first to find if we were being wound up tomorrow as it would be a 'scoop' the supporters club would be looking for a solution to save us, that is the fundamental difference.

Nixon keeps us in the loop more than our own SC.

Of course he does ...... firstly he's not covered by an NDA, and secondly, as the EFL haven't actually confirmed this yet, why on earth would we expect the SC to do so?

If I were a member of the SC, I think I'd walk away and let some other pillock worry about the survival of the club ..................... they won't of course, because they care too much.

Nixon is nor answerable to anyone, anything he is told he can publish even information that should not be published, he doesn't give a rats ass about us or our predicament whereas the supporters club are bound by rules imposed on them to keep them in the loop and keep stum because they only have our best interest at heart and don't want to cause any adverse issues.
Nixon would be made up and publish if he was the first to find if we were being wound up tomorrow as it would be a 'scoop' the supporters club would be looking for a solution to save us, that is the fundamental difference.

If Nixon knows then info is coming from somewhere ????? The SC tell us Jack Shit!

Nixon is nor answerable to anyone, anything he is told he can publish even information that should not be published, he doesn't give a rats ass about us or our predicament.

Thats not fair LMB ....he has been all over our predicament from the off and like most on here I have little truck with ‘The Sun’ but we can’t deny it’s a national paper and I’m unaware of any other journalist with a national who has reported or tweeted remotely as much on our situation.
Nixon has said from the off that we were done over, he was championing our second half recovery last season through the Spring and repeatedly said what happened to us was a disgrace and that we didn’t deserve to be relegated.
Now you can take issue with his accuracy or his sources or whether he is getting genuine scoops or not ....fair enough ....but he has certainly devoted time and expressed no little sympathy with our situation.

I read it, i'm more concerned of the comment i highlighted above. :hmmm:
You mean the comment re whether I'm bothered? An amiguous question, so I;ll try and cover all angles:

To hear an update from the SC? ................................ I can wait until it's the "right time"
To keep the club going in some way? ........................... of course I'm bothered.
To give up my time to be on the SC committee? ........ No, and so I won't be too critical of those who do.

You mean the comment re whether I'm bothered? An amiguous question, so I;ll try and cover all angles:

To hear an update from the SC? ................................ I can wait until it's the "right time"
To keep the club going in some way? ........................... of course I'm bothered.
To give up my time to be on the SC committee? ........ No, and so I won't be too critical of those who do.

No need to justify yourself to me,

No need to justify yourself to me,
I thought I was answering your question. Based on your "bothered" comment, you obviously didn't properly read what I posted in the first place, but when I suggested this, you seemed to still be concerned about my original answer.

I know I don't need to justify myself to you, or anyone on here T&C, but I don't mind. If it helps with your understanding, then it's worthwhile.

I reckon if the SC had £1 for every time someone's had a pop at them on a message board, FB, or twitter, they could have bought and bankrolled the club for years to come.