Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 3 | Vital Football

Leeds United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sat 27 Feb @ 5.30pm - Sky

They're a good team there's no doubting it. The media may go slightly OTT about them but even so they're a good team in good form.

Let's hope that 3 games in 8 days takes it's toll on them a bit as they do play at a high intensity.

I'm beyond second guessing which Villa will turn up. Lets hope it's the good one who are up for it.

I dont see this one being as open as the game at VP. Both teams just went for it that day and the first goal seemed to make a big difference.
With our current form I would imagine we will sit deep and try to contain them. If that is the plan then we will need pace on the counter, so for anyone hoping our deadly wingers will be dropped, I cant see it happening. It would make sense to bring Sanson in for Ross though.

Both Leeds and Villa have excelled themselves, but we are going into this game on the back of our poorest form of the season.

I share the same concerns as many about our late, usually like for like, substitutions, no plan B, playing out of form players, and a lack of opportunities for others - with midfield problems to the fore.

If we keep conceding possession again, I fear Leeds could take us apart if they have their shooting boots on. Reliance on our excellent defence alone is asking too much. Do or die tackles, throwing ourselves into blocks etc is hard to deliver for 90 minutes plus, when the same players are picked however they perform, and the ball keeps coming back at us, it is a lot to ask.

So my apologies, I fear we may be well beaten. Smith has done brilliantly and has my overwhelming support, but that does not stop my frustration that the absence of the changes needed threatens our chances of mounting any kind of challenge to the teams above us. Instead, safe from relegation, a couple more bad results will leave us with little to play for and could result in the kind of attitude that slips our season away into the lower reaches. We need to keep everyone on their toes, with all guns firing, and keep the season alive.

If we don't, I know we will have still exceeded pre-season expectations, but that won't lessen the disappointment of being so near to something even better.

Oh, and please Villa, shove my words down my throat, and tear Leeds apart.

Tactics: Deano was out manoeuvered in the 0-3 the last time we played and didn't react to the overloading on Cash which left him exposed. Leeds have kept one clean sheet this year and we don't do nil nils. Villa 1-0, Olly heads in an Elmo cross at the back post.

Pretty sure I read Meslier became the first keeper aged U21 to keep 8 PL clean sheets in a season after Tuesday's result. They're definitely better defensively than at the start of the season. Intrigued as to see how well we do this time against their high intensity game and the creativity of Raphinha, who looks in tremendous form currently.

I am not underestimating Leeds one bit but at the same time, they're only fucking Leeds.

TBH I expect us to be up for this and to beat them 1-0 or 2-1. I'll be disappointed if we dont, surely they'll want to avenge that 3-0 drubbing we got.

Very upset about the kick-off time for this one. I'm visiting Mrs GMV in Texas this weekend and an early kick-off would have meant I could watch the match. As it is, her visiting hours (she's in the military, not in prison) are right smack bang in the middle of the match. Inconsiderate bar stewards!