The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (sponsored by Matt Hancock "for all your PPE needs" | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (sponsored by Matt Hancock "for all your PPE needs"

Don't blame Bonham, we have wasted most of this game. Dire, Portsmouth will batter us if we offer the same toothless opposition on Saturday.
PS. Don't think it was a pen.

Going on about a penalty we should have had - didnt think it was personally, they had a good shout for one in first half after a Tucker foul not given.
Deflecting from a very poor performance overall, shows the squad doesn't have what it takes to get up towards the playoffs and will probably finish lower midtable near where they currently are.

Dempsey and Graham were the only potential threats to Wimbledon, no-one else looked dangerous for us tonight. No mobility in the opposition penalty area keeps costing us !

Seriously? You didn't see the first defender shove him into the one infront?
Hard to tell from one replay, Akinde never would have got on the end of the cross anyway as Graham overhit it, I thought Akinde just bundled into the back of the defenders as he ran to the near post.

Yep, Bonham probably could’ve done better, Akinde could’ve had a penalty, Ryan Jackson and actually Tucker have been exposed a little too regularly. But for me Peter Lloyd has hit the nail on the head, for the umpteenth time this season we haven’t tested the keeper enough. AFCW were pretty fucking poor, and yet I remember 1 shot on target. That is where our problem lies.
Fucking game.

Going on about a penalty we should have had - didnt think it was personally, they had a good shout for one in first half after a Tucker foul not given.
Deflecting from a very poor performance overall, shows the squad doesn't have what it takes to get up towards the playoffs and will probably finish lower midtable near where they currently are.

Oh not deflecting at all. Absolutely dire performance against a team we easily could have beat.

Just thought it was a clear foul. They should have had one first half too.

Oh not deflecting at all. Absolutely dire performance against a team we easily could have beat.

Just thought it was a clear foul. They should have had one first half too.
Didn't mean you but the players moaning to the ref about it after they scored, and apparently Evans and Raynor going crazy on the touchline. Should have been going crazy about how badly we were playing, not one penalty decision.

We seem to raise our game against the bigger London teams but dismiss the dons to our peril. They regularly get a few of our cast offs and regularly get the better of us even when we are favourites. Must show they raise their game against us.

Can't see that we have anything to complain about. Unfortunately we are very, very predictable.

If I were an opposition manager, I would know exactly what to expect and how to counter and exploit. If I can see this and I know very little about tactic, why can't Fat Boy change it? (n)(n)(n)

We seem to raise our game against the bigger London teams but dismiss the dons to our peril. They regularly get a few of our cast offs and regularly get the better of us even when we are favourites. Must show they raise their game against us.
Does this mean we are their cup final?