Censorship | Page 2 | Vital Football

Censorship

Oh for fecks sake,
has anyone got a dry cloth I've just spat tea out all over my keyboard.
Why is it with you if I say today is Sunday you will disagree, I don't let bickering bother me because I do enough of it my self, the Lincoln fellow was telling lies about those of you who did engage with him.

Last night the editor of the vital Lincoln board came on here to remove posts made by myself and another poster, this was reported to the Fear who owns this board and he has come back to me saying he thinks that is ok, I have talked to the previous editor of this board, who built it from nothing and he is horrified, he was always reluctant to remove posts from this forum and cannot believe someone from another has done so, moreso with the full approval of the site owner.

I didn't say it was ok. I said I was dealing with it.

But as you always do, you contacted me angrily and feel I have something against you. I don't.

It is of no interest what previous editors think either, I helped at all times when that lovely gentlemen (said in earnest not sarcasm) was in charge and doing front page work.

Thanks for totally misquoting me though, anything to suit your agenda and your usual anger towards me.

What I said:

Hi Loudmouthblue

I'm talking with him. But if you admit you were rude as well, then looks like a storm in a tea-cup, anger late at night and with what is going on in the world, I would hope in the light of the day, it is clearly not something that we should all be worrying about.

I am not sure what you mean by he made a statement about his anger both today and in the past, today maybe but never in the past.

Your points have been noted, I have told him I don't want him moderating on other sites, he should have alerted them for me to see, or stayed off an opposition site (much better solution in my opinion)

Hope things are ok in the real world with you and yours. Strange times.

J

I didn't say it was ok. I said I was dealing with it.

But as you always do, you contacted me angrily and feel I have something against you. I don't.

It is of no interest what previous editors think either, I helped at all times when that lovely gentlemen (said in earnest not sarcasm) was in charge and doing front page work.

Thanks for totally misquoting me though, anything to suit your agenda and your usual anger towards me.

What I said:

Hi Loudmouthblue

I'm talking with him. But if you admit you were rude as well, then looks like a storm in a tea-cup, anger late at night and with what is going on in the world, I would hope in the light of the day, it is clearly not something that we should all be worrying about.

I am not sure what you mean by he made a statement about his anger both today and in the past, today maybe but never in the past.

Your points have been noted, I have told him I don't want him moderating on other sites, he should have alerted them for me to see, or stayed off an opposition site (much better solution in my opinion)

Hope things are ok in the real world with you and yours. Strange times.

J

Why have you not posted the full pm conversation we had instead of the one you have, perhaps that way it would be a little more balanced and show i haven't misquoted you. The posts jules removed were not rude in any way they were a screenshot of his lies on his own board.

In our position and the hurt each and every fan is feeling at present I think it's hard to separate what is normal banter and piss taking to offensive comments. I'm sure there are many like me who dont particularly like football at this time and many comments are coming out like utter dross. Our pain is never ending and defeat after defeat is only stirring up feelings more. At the end of the day we are Wigan Athletic fans trying to get through this horrible time but we must remain the same as we have always been.

Why have you not posted the full pm conversation we had instead of the one you have, perhaps that way it would be a little more balanced and show i haven't misquoted you. The posts jules removed were not rude in any way they were a screenshot of his lies on his own board.

Why do you always, constantly want to argue?

And if you are seriously asking why I didn't publish your private message then.... It isn't my place to do that. If I had, I can imagine your reaction.

The salient point, you lied about what I had said to start yet another thread to once again moan.

But if you insist, you said:

I believe he came on latics speak tonight in what I believe was a condescending, gloating manner, I reacted as I always do when I don't like things, rudely and have recieved criticism for that from my own, however this jules fellow hS recieved stick on his own board, it is on the match thread on latics, and an opposing view on imps, he made a statement about his anger both today and in the past, today maybe but never in the past.

You may consider this trivial but what is not he has abused his position of privilege and I am making a formal complaint about him, I screen spotted something he posted and posted it on latics speak, he has removed 5 or 6 posts of mine, surely this is not allowed

YOU clearly say YOU were rude. I took YOUR information and extrapolated that you were rude, you know, because YOU said you had been rude.

:shrug:

You can carry on being Mr Angry, I've better things to do. Too much to expect an apology from you I suppose, what we with me clearly not saying it was ok.

He wasn't lying, he said he didn't feel welcome.

How old you are, 12?

Fed up to the back teeth of this pettiness. As I said to you in pm, get a grip.

To be fair LMB I think 'The Fear' has handled & sorted out the situation well. He has confirmed the removal of posts shouldn't have happened which imo was the main issue, why not just accept that, let it lie & move on?? I mean how far do u want it to go, Jules has offered to resign from his post of admin on the Lincoln site which imo he doesn't or shouldn't need to do....yes it was a crass & stupid thing to do in deleting the posts but it has been dealt with & majority of posters on here know what has / hasn't gone on. We've all done shite stuff, posted stuff we shouldn't & majority will forgive & let it be so I'm sure your no different & move on 😉

I’ve just read this and t’other thread, so here’s my two penneth for what it’s worth.

Jules is upset he hadn’t received a warm reception when he came on here previously. As I recall he was wanting questions answered and was told - politely again from what I recall - no one was really interested due to our situation and was given a brief synopsis of how we’d been royally fucked by two ***** from Hong Kong and had the club decimated further by Del Boy and Rodney who flogged our team at knock down prices whilst feeding us a steady stream of bull shit. Suggests to me a distinct lack of emotional intelligence if he couldn’t recognise that before posting or why there was a distinct lack of interest. Why someone would hold a grudge several months later to wind folk up given our club is on its arse and may not survive much longer I’ve no idea.

As for someone deleting posts on another forum to protect his own reputation, or support his argument then that’s wrong, and pretty sad I have to say. It’s a bloody forum after all. Personally have no issue with other supporters posting on here, though understand why it can be deemed as antagonistic and so not encouraged, as evidenced yesterday. Most of us have probably said something or behaved in a way we’ve subsequently regretted on here so in a way he’s now joined the club! I highly doubt we’ll be playing each other again for a few years so there shouldn’t be an issue going forward and we can all move on.

Pity 'Dear Diedrie' has retired. She could have a field day on this forum today.

Why can't folk take things on the chin. My god if some of you heard the stuff we come out with at work to each other you would be throwing holy water over me. Water off a ducks.... just get on with it. It's only words.

Pity 'Dear Diedrie' has retired. She could have a field day on this forum today.

Why can't folk take things on the chin. My god if some of you heard the stuff we come out with at work to each other you would be throwing holy water over me. Water off a ducks.... just get on with it. It's only words.

Be careful, certain schoolteacher will be snapping at you for daring to read The Sun.

Be careful, certain schoolteacher will be snapping at you for daring to read The Sun.

ha ha well funny you should say that. I am aware of her when i used to read any old paper before i got old enough to understand Hillsborough properly. I know she has retired because it made the news a few weeks ago. I haven't picked up or read anything in the Sun for about 12 years nor will i ever. Scumbags.

Afraid to say FB, gone are the days when folk just 'take things on the chin' far too many people waiting to get offended, upset or ready to report you. Must say tho this post wasn't about being able to / not being able to take it on the chin, it was started due to posts being removed by someone who shouldn't have been able towhich is a different thing altogether.

But that person didn't abuse their position, they dropped a bollock before they got chance to do so, were outed and removed from that position, and quite rightly so, as in hindsight I think that person, as I know them quite well, would probably have done as you say and abused the position.