MATCH DAY THREAD : Fulham v The Mighty Blades | Page 7 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Fulham v The Mighty Blades

I know we're facing adversity with the injuries but that was just a cowardly way to set up - just like the majority of our approaches to games. Fleck was obviously not right so why bench Osborn ? We needed Burke's pace because McBurnie offered sweef FA. We've gone from being unbeaten in London to being a Spurs defeat away from a clean sweep of defeats.

I dread to think of the long term damage this is causing. We're just ruining players we've paid millions for. Wilder's lost it, he's performing worse than anyone.
Yes we’ve got a lot injuries but we have a 25 man squad to cover it truth is most aren’t up to it and with the money that’s been spent it really isn’t acceptable but bottom line tonight was tactics I can accept that against Man City Liverpool etc but Fulham !!!!

Sounness not mincing his words and rightly so dont know what commentator and pundit were watching to think it wasn’t a pen never mind the ref and var
the sooner we get out of this bent league the better

We need to go down to find what we have lost. Get JOC, Egan, Berge back and Fleck fit. Plus the mother of all clear outs.

Love all the blades and emotions running high but just write this season off . It’s done and we fight for another day.
What really worries me AB is that my emotions have been zapped. I winds me up when I see posters slagging our lads off but then I look back and I realise that I’m one of them. 😕 What’s all that about?

Sounds like I did the right thing tonight giving this game a miss.
Never thought I would say this, but I couldn't have cared less about the result.
I'm hibernating until August. :sleep:

I’m hoping we’re just lulling then into a false sense of security and we’ll come out all guns blazing...before we offer them the obligatory gift goal. 😁

Seriously though, we need the win even more than them, what’s to lose in shit or bust tactics in our position?
‘Tactics’ -what a novel idea!

After last season, I was really hoping that we would find another run of form. Lord knows we need a distraction from the rest of the crap going on. Where did it all go wrong..? After much thought, I say, the signing of Sander Berge. We paid a huge sum and bust the wage structure for a very talented player, but it burst the bubble for us in midfield, playing him week in week out when he was a long way off the pace for (they say...) £40k a week, while Johnny Lundsram is on (they say...) £7k. No wonder he wanted a better contract. You can see favourites being picked week after week despite performances elsewhere in the pitch. Shankley said the challenge in management is keeping the 11 players happy who aren't getting a game. It doesn't take much for the dressing room mentality to change, and this is where I think it did for us.

Go on, tell me I'm wrong...

After last season, I was really hoping that we would find another run of form. Lord knows we need a distraction from the rest of the crap going on. Where did it all go wrong..? After much thought, I say, the signing of Sander Berge. We paid a huge sum and bust the wage structure for a very talented player, but it burst the bubble for us in midfield, playing him week in week out when he was a long way off the pace for (they say...) £40k a week, while Johnny Lundsram is on (they say...) £7k. No wonder he wanted a better contract. You can see favourites being picked week after week despite performances elsewhere in the pitch. Shankley said the challenge in management is keeping the 11 players happy who aren't getting a game. It doesn't take much for the dressing room mentality to change, and this is where I think it did for us.

I won’t pal I agree but you have to start somewhere increasing the wages I think maybe the mistake was playing him full on at the expense of others who quite frankly were playing better at the time and we have similar situations this season I think Osborn especially and Burke and bogle can consider themselves really unfortunate to be left out at times as they have been doing better than the the players brought in to replace them it must be hard to accept that and keep going,if you’re not doing well then you can expect to be dropped but they must be wondering what they have to do and ultimately what’s the point if the result ends up the same

Anyone whi thinks we should have lost that isn't seeing the ref we had and the bad decision made by VAR. Yes, a point wasn't any good but look at it overall.

Rammy not to blame and played well behind a makeshift defence that didn't look like conceding.

Anyone whi thinks we should have lost that isn't seeing the ref we had and the bad decision made by VAR. Yes, a point wasn't any good but look at it overall.

Rammy not to blame and played well behind a makeshift defence that didn't look like conceding.

Its yet another nil points though. You don't get owt for trying...

I won't - I always thought it was weird that Sander walked straight into the team when he was clearly off the pace. Somebody demanded it IMHO.
And clearly there was always going to be an issue with the differential in players wages.

The speed of our success has bitten us on the bum - and Wilder is losing his way trying to sort it out. Its v tough on him, but its what great managers have to do.

Its yet another nil points though. You don't get owt for trying...
That's what prompted my Wilder comment.
Are they really trying anymore?
Having slept on it- and woken up thinking about it-there has to be something RADICALLY wrong. This is not just a bad run, a combined loss of form not helped by a host of injuries.

As you allude to above , there's been a change- of heart, of belief, of trust in each other, of trust in CW, of trust in the (same old,nothing different) system?

Could it be that the players, coming up against this tactical on pitch failure, just have no belief in it anymoe, no belief in CW anymore and are sick and tired of ploughing the same unsuccessful furrow week in and week out?

Last night was a very low point in a very poor season and we were given the run around by a team who had more energy,a better ,quicker press and- telling for me- more commitment, more desire.

That's not a CW side out there, that's a travesty of what we have seen him get out of the less talented players we have.