What a beautiful day | Page 2 | Vital Football

What a beautiful day

I've just been out too, but only to have my once fortnightly Lateral Flow Test, the nerves are going waiting for the result....

Just got the result, they couldn't 'read the sample', got to go have another.

Out I go again (after footie of course).

Just in case anyone was concerned, second test was negative :wahey:

Good day all in all what with Akinde and his brace.

Now, what alcohol shall I celebrate with? :unsure:

Chris, would like to give your post about the two pubs a "like", but it could be misconstrued that I was happy about the two pubs being closed. It's completely the opposite, hope you are well and can visit them both on a multiple of occasions in the very near future (y)
Cheers it is odd we have a nice looking cafe and two pubs and I have yet to see inside.Just hoping that the vast majority of pubs in the UK survive.

Thats the spirit guys, chin up and before too long we can start getting back to some of the things we all miss.
Don't know why (must have been the weather) but I had a strong feeling of optimism rush over me today, hence the thread, and I can honestly feel that we're getting there.
On my way home now (first time I've really enjoyed working a Saturday in years) and, after doing my daily decontamination ritual, looking forward to a lovely evening with Mrs Nobby with some shit Saturday tv and nice dinner.
I'll let you know if I'm still feeling as positive when the alarm goes off at 3am tomorrow 😒

Oh dear, that's my plan scuppered. Some poor soul has jumped in front of the train in front of us. Can't believe people on my train are actually moaning about the delay, at least they will get home at some point. Somewhere out there is a mother/wife/husband etc who's loved one isn't ever coming home.
Sort of puts it all into perspective doesn't it? 😪

Oh dear, that's my plan scuppered. Some poor soul has jumped in front of the train in front of us. Can't believe people on my train are actually moaning about the delay, at least they will get home at some point. Somewhere out there is a mother/wife/husband etc who's loved one isn't ever coming home.
Sort of puts it all into perspective doesn't it? 😪
Commuting into London all my working life it was sadly an all too regular event. Very sad, impossible for me to imagine, to reach that point of despair. I always felt sorry for the driver as well. Hope you get home soon.

I have been in pain since November caused by a back injury.Finally due to having time away from work I can feel I have turned to corner this weekend. But like you say Nobs at least I am alive to be in pain.I am lucky enough to have had the first covid vaccination.Last few months have not been easy work wise but then I am luck enough to have work.

Commuting into London all my working life it was sadly an all too regular event. Very sad, impossible for me to imagine, to reach that point of despair. I always felt sorry for the driver as well. Hope you get home soon.
Yes mate, luckily had a very experienced driver who.managed to get onto another line and by pass the incident. My mate had got the train before me (the one that hit the poor bloke) and he is still sitting just outside West Ham. He said the driver sounded distraught over the tannoy system. Horrible and, as you say, all too regular.
I'm guessing suicide is going to be another big factor in the 90k excessive deaths figures, very sad.