IMP losion | Page 4 | Vital Football

IMP losion

Defensive confusion again at the root of conceding a soft goal ....not sure whether he shouted or not but defender sticking his foot in there makes it 50/50 for me in any blame game

Very positive half for me, shame about the mix up for the goal, so easily avoided with decent communication but when the defence / goalies confidence is shot to pieces these things happen.
I'm not going to dwell on that 1 negative and will take some pleasure from how we've looked going forward.
Whatever happens second half and whatever the final result, at least there looks like there's some fight in most of these players.

Defensive confusion again at the root of conceding a soft goal ....not sure whether he shouted or not but defender sticking his foot in there makes it 50/50 for me in any blame game

Not convinced you can blame Jones as how do you know he didn't shout? Defender has no need to go for that. Forget it and move on. An excellent performance with Aasgard a joy to watch, Lang causing trouble and Otabor getting sharper every game just hope we can follow it up because if we go down playing like that and pressing higher up I will have no complaints.

I used to be a goallie and I cannot understand why he runs to one foot outside the area and lets the ball hit his legs and punts upfield when the attacking player is 5 yards away. Why not just step back in the area and collect it with his hands. His judgement and awareness is bloody awful.

I don’t know which idiot(s) are doing the stats but a first half stat of 45% possession for Latics vs 55% for Lincoln is surely laughable !

I don’t know which idiot(s) are doing the stats but a first half stat of 45% possession for Latics vs 55% for Lincoln is surely laughable !

Probably true, but we've played about 70% of the game in their half. Think we have 5 key passes to their 1, mostly their defenders have had the ball.

Just before Lincoln scored, Tilt hoofed a ball clear that he should have left for Jones, that plus the Robinson/Jones debacle shows the defenders do not trust Jones.

And is why he should have been dropped. There is clearly a fundamental issue with him - any goalkeeper that deems it acceptable to turn his back on play and exit the pitch for a drink tells me he should be no where near a professional football club. From his perspective it’s cruel to keep him in and these calamities game after game must be having an impact on his mental health.

Not sure where the defence were there, let the team down once again. The performance attacking and midfield wise have been top notch today and did well Vs top of the league. Especially Lang. But the defending.. once again cost us points.