MApp paper talk | Page 7 | Vital Football

MApp paper talk

Thing with West Brom is that you think back a decade and they were constantly finishing 12th and above every season in the Premier. 8th one season under Clarke, but then the owners changed and they became ambitious beyond their abilities and as a consequence the rot settled in and they are now the atypical yo-yo club

Thing is after Megson got the first two promotions. The owner at the time Hired a guy called Dan Ashworth as director of football. He had this plan to make us sustainable in the prem. Because contrary to popular belief, The real money isn't the Parachute Payments, although they do help greatly. It's The Prem Bonuses for finishing in a decent place. Ashworth was successful really successful. he brought scouting, Academy, Foundation/Charity/non profit, Staff recruitment and first team under one Umbrella It worked. He was headhunted by The FA along with Roy hodgeson. Ashworth's now finding success at Brighton doing the same thing. It was meant to be idiot proof. Along comes Pulis the Idiot who destroyed it I don't get managers who to do everything. Their skill is manage the team they can't run the budget have time to scout. Anyway a 13 year project peed up a wall by a dinosaur in 18 months. We need to rebuild and it'll take years

Mate just text me saying they were talking about on Appleton on 5 live. They were talking him up saying he was bound to manage in the premier league.

BBC Football today:-

Former Leicester and Watford boss Nigel Pearson is on the brink of taking over at Bristol City after advanced talks with the Championship side.

Looks to be pretty certain then - thankfully.

Many appointments now will be interim until the end of this season only. I can't see us having any concerns over MA moving on until the summer