Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Well I'm sort of pleased we are not going to Wembley .I missed the Wembley appearance due to an urgent trip to Rome .A family business issue with some up starts down in Naples (saviges) .Following some frought and delicate talks I managed to see Roma v Florentina at the stadio olympico .Free entry and full hospitality if course.

Well I'm sort of pleased we are not going to Wembley .I missed the Wembley appearance due to an urgent trip to Rome .A family business issue with some up starts down in Naples (saviges) .Following some frought and delicate talks I managed to see Roma v Florentina at the stadio olympico .Free entry and full hospitality if course.

can the family please arrange for the imps to get promoted?

Note to all those who say they're pleased we've not got the extra, Wembley game...

That's the true meaning of the term "sour grapes". Not how it nearly always get used.

we have had a snapshot of all the teams placed 2 to 7 in the league in the last 5 weeks. imo right now accrington and sunderland look the best 2 on their performances against us.
still think oxford will be up there too.
no wonder our fellas are running on empty, apart from eyoma who was still charging around to the very end, and had a superb match. uti.

Johnson looked knackered to me tonight, games coming so quickly is finally catching up with us?
Get Zak recalled ASAP, we need some fresh legs.

MA on the Harry Anderson's injury - they won't know about how long until next week. It happened one minute before the end of yesterday's training and all they can do for now is pack it with ice and wait for a scan.

Doesn't sound good.

Very frustrating game. Unfortunately for us Brennans form has dipped in the last few games. Not surprising though as he’s so young. Once Hopper and Edun came off it was clear we were looking to run the game down.
Our attacking strength is starting to wane so we must really dig deep now especially with the injuries. Wigan really is the most important match of the season. Game on.

Brenan needs a rest. I keep saying it, but needs some recovery time. He doesn't look as fast and tires badly.

I disagree that it was a meaningless game that had no meaning to lose. It was not the prospect of Wembley at all that was important- it was the extra cash a win would have brought in. Extremely important in a season where the director's own funds are keeping us alive.

I hought we looked tired tonight at times, especially Johnson, who looks short of confidence too. Scully must be pushing for a start instead of Johnson on Saturday - he was easily our best player tonight.

With the injries, we are going to need the three new signings getting up to speed with the way we play a lot quicker than expected.