Good Morning Thread | Page 231 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Tis afternoon ere up the hill above Matic's Pompey and Walt's Lee on the Solent, it is cloudy, odd drops of the wet stuff but one hell of a lot warmer, balmy even considering.

Mrs PY has entered me into a cook from scratch, no tins, Pea and Ham Soup Competition against other males, was challenged it appears, lol! on Wednesday coming, not tomorrow as its Shrove Tuesday, thus loads of Pancakes, lemon n sugar, only, non of this additional creams/ fruits, keep them traditional.

Up date on my oppo n wife suffering with Covid, all slowly but surely improving, getting good reports, so thumbs up for them and the medical staff at the QA Hospital.

That about it for now folks, keep keeping safe all of you, have a good rest of day.

WHO got her invite in todays post...so we have both booked locally for tomorrow:party:
Well done mate . Really glad for you both .

The people organising these vaccination centres are just amazing .
They told me when I had mine , that they would be repeating all that days appointments , in the future , and said it could be three , six , ten or twelve weeks . .

It’s going to be a nice week in your part of the country as well . Up to 17 degrees . Positively balmy . Barmy .
Hope it all goes well for the pair of you .

I read today that Nottingham University are developing a jab , reported to be ready by Autumn , that will be a one off, forever cover against all variants no matter what mutations emerge .
We had our flu jab back in November , both of us , and they invited us back for a one off , forever jab against Pneumonia.
I hadn’t heard of that before . .
Apparently these vaccines are now developed in a different way to what we were used to , when we got injected with a mild form of the virus , and it made us feel not too good for a while.
Also in the pipeline is a jab for schoolchildren . That will be a big step forward in stopping the transmission , the experts are saying

On the bbc news I just saw a player in the Saudi league doing somersault throw ins. He uses the ball for extra spring on a forward flip then launches the ball as he comes back over with massive force. Is it legal ?

Good morning all .
I know it was hardly worth it , but I bothered to watch the last rites of that test match .
I think the authorities should be called into question over a lot of what has gone on to try and get back into this series
I’m not saying for one minute that the umpires are anything but upright and honest , but some of what has gone on in the background has been .... well , iffy?
It goes without saying that the Indians have the best spin bowlers in the world at the moment , but do they really have to be given a test match wicket like that .
Its a wonder the batsmen could see the ball behind the cloud of dust that came up as the ball hit the deck.
This is the same ground as the first test , but any form of a level playing field was removed over the couple of days in between tests.

No wonder England were not too concerned over resting Anderson .

The third umpire refusing to give out Indian batsmen must have been embarrassing , given that the match referee had to reinstate a lost review after one decision , after the days play .
It’s one thing playing the best test side in the world , but it’s another when you have to do it with one hand behind your back .

The next test will be very very interesting.

Stay safe , keep alert , look after each other .

It is legal . But is it wise. Is it necessary. He wouldn’t be able to do it at our ground , with the slope off the side of the pitch .

Its a bit like having a towel at the end of pitches to wipe the ball so it does not slip on a long throw...is that really in the spirit of the game?...can a goalie halt play and wipe the ball before e.g a free kick just outside the box so it does not slip out of his hands when catching it....ha ha ....will be a velcro ball and gloves as standard next.....

Wots goin on?:wagging:

Good morning all .
I know it was hardly worth it , but I bothered to watch the last rites of that test match .
I think the authorities should be called into question over a lot of what has gone on to try and get back into this series
I’m not saying for one minute that the umpires are anything but upright and honest , but some of what has gone on in the background has been .... well , iffy?
It goes without saying that the Indians have the best spin bowlers in the world at the moment , but do they really have to be given a test match wicket like that .
Its a wonder the batsmen could see the ball behind the cloud of dust that came up as the ball hit the deck.
This is the same ground as the first test , but any form of a level playing field was removed over the couple of days in between tests.

No wonder England were not too concerned over resting Anderson .

The third umpire refusing to give out Indian batsmen must have been embarrassing , given that the match referee had to reinstate a lost review after one decision , after the days play .
It’s one thing playing the best test side in the world , but it’s another when you have to do it with one hand behind your back .

The next test will be very very interesting.

Stay safe , keep alert , look after each other .

On pitch umpire referring to the 3rd umpire when their captain is clean bowled and won't walk.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On the bbc news I just saw a player in the Saudi league doing somersault throw ins. He uses the ball for extra spring on a forward flip then launches the ball as he comes back over with massive force. Is it legal ?
Not sure on that Nick, but wasn't there a player who used to do that many years ago, of Coventry City if my memory is correct.

Good morning all, cloudy up ere on the hill, though a lot warmer, as in Walts words quite Barmy! or was it Barmy lol!

Now now lads, cheating in a Test match played in India, unheard off assumptions, they do not cheat to win, do not get caught meddling with the ball, do not get in the Umpires boatraces haha.

Got up early this morning, to be informed by Mrs PY that it was comp day, what bloody comp, "Pea n Ham Soup" was the reply, I thought it was Wednesday, no they changed it for today, so put me chef's head on and got going with Mrs PY adding they have included home made rolls, no added pressure then, so with Spring onions, frozen Pea's, Vegetable stack, Olive oil for the pan and ground pepper, off I went, all done now, just have to add the ham chunks.
Awaiting for the rolls, first time I have done this.
Mrs PY chuffed to bits.

No news regards Covid suffering oppo n missus, so for me no news is good news.

Oh yes me n Mrs PY had our jabs 2 weeks ago, this morning I received an NHS letter inviting me to make an appointment for my 1st jab, what's that all about? ain't notes made or read, then add a whole page, front n back of 19 different Language invitations, why this? don't they know I am English, no wonder the NHS is struggling monetary wise, how much is this costing in postage alone.

Well all for now people, keep safe n well, look after your kin.

I was waiting at the doctors today for an ECG and a woman in her 60s ish was expressing some concern about the needle she was about to have.
I said oh are you having your jab...
Yes she said....my Flu jab.
Oh I said...I that a couple of weeks ago, its nothing, the needle goes into your bicep muscle, not a vein and I didnt feel a thing.
Oh that's good she said.
She asked me if I had suffered any side effects.
I said no nothing.
Then the nurse came out and called the woman's name, took her temp and asked if she had any cough or covid symptoms?
No she said, I had Covid at Christmas and got over it !!

And she is worried about a poxy flu jab and it's possible side effects !! FFS.

Good morning all , Back to a normal wake up time this morning , now that the cricket has finished a bit early , !!!!!!! ,
Kholi defending the pitch was interesting.
A lot of PC comments going on , from the England Coaching team , Joe Root, even down to the commentators and Channel Four Pundits .
I would love to see Manure get drawn away to Channai United in the World Club Tournament . That would give Maguire something to moan about .

Raining again here , my allotment needs a lot of work , but it’s just a mud heap at the moment , I can’t even dig it over .

Hope your ECG went well Nick , and Greavsie and Who didn’t get a reaction to the vaccine .
A lot of my wife’s friends who are in the 65 to 69 group and had the O A/Z jab have had mild reactions , achy arm , tiredness , headache , but not with the Pfizer .
I read “they “ are looking into mixing the jabs now , and even looking into vaccinating the under twenties .
I think mine was done three weeks ago now .

Hope you are all well . Keeping safe . Distant , ( not a lot of that is going on I think , especially Doggers! ) and alert .

Back to the good old Thursday night football tomorrow .
Look after each other.

Thanks for asking Walt...Who and I have had zero reaction....probably a placebo ha ha.

Vaccine cocktails eh ...could catch on VACCINE BAR with strippers and malt whisky selections...Would defo catch on...business opportunity there EX...you know it makes sense

Cant wait for Wolvesberg v Goldberg tomorrow........the turn our season round game according to many on here.....misguided optimism or do you all know something I don't?

Drizzling here as well Walt.....shit machines will still be out ...all weather jobbies so they are....shit in the sun shit in the rain shit in the snow .

All weather models makes no difference to them or the ones on the end of the lead (if on a lead) who seem obsessed with accompanying them whatever the conditions are like. .....some to pick up the shit some to try to get away with leaving a pile for some poor unfortunate sole (and Soul) ha ha..

Please note this is not a dig at you responsible owners out there...why not .run some campaigns/education classes amongst your peers to convert the foes to the pick up cause, and get your profession some glowing reports?....I'll be in the Vaccine Bar if you want to discuss this anytime.

Safety first...Jabber wockies are not safe until a few weeks after their secong prick, apparently so for WHO and I that is 14 more weeks of isolation time. A doddle ....the Krays did it, so can we..

Peace brothers!

Morning all, weather wise up here on the hill, or rather the South Downs Range lol!, posh eh! its bloody pissing down, but the Daffs and other smally weed/flowers are poking their heads up/out to keep us all happy.

Now then Greavsie, I'll have you know us responsible Dog owners do do our best to teach the numpty owners to pick up the shit left behind by their pooches, but to no avail, they are the "ooo I cant touch that! types, effin twatheads who give the rest of us a bad name.

I was going to ask you how you and Who had got on with your jabs, but you had already answered that, very good it seems.

Well a row is brewing at the QA, it appears they are talking about "turning off" the machine my oppo who has Covid is on because they need to see more signs of improvement, also it appears his missus is to ill to give a Yes or No decision on the matter, so who is playing God! in the QA? to make such a choice on her behalf, many of his/her oppo's n family are up in arms, so we are waiting and seeing.

Oh Yes "Pea n Ham" soup comp, was crowned the Champ yesterday hahaha.

All for now, keep keeping safe, do not let em get you down, cheers everyone.