NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 469 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have any issues when Victor Moses was bought from Crystal Palace for peanuts, or Euxton was bought from Bolton for a knock-down price?
Funny how land and property in Euxton continues to rise in value yet Euxton Lane was sold for much less than its value and certainly much less than the so called knock down price we gave it away for to Trevor Hemmings FC.

Anyone else have a message from crowdfunder saying "thanks for supporting Save Wigan Athletic, it was a success & the project team will be in touch shortly"?????

Anyone else have a message from crowdfunder saying "thanks for supporting Save Wigan Athletic, it was a success & the project team will be in touch shortly"?????
Yes I got the same email. It may just be a holding email they send out after a set period of time (it’s been so long now). Doubt it means anything significant has happened

Yes I got the same email. It may just be a holding email they send out after a set period of time (it’s been so long now). Doubt it means anything significant has happened

Last time we got one it was an "admin error" because someone at crowdfunder had forgotten to extend the date on the fund - according to the SC if I remember correctly.
Think last time it happened at a very inconvenient moment as other stiff was going on and it sparked a mass of speculation on social media.

Last time we got one it was an "admin error" because someone at crowdfunder had forgotten to extend the date on the fund - according to the SC if I remember correctly.
Think last time it happened at a very inconvenient moment as other stiff was going on and it sparked a mass of speculation on social media.

mass of speculation.....that was me this morning when I read my email Arthur....thot our take over had been confirmed and our money was going to be used. .......Bumped back down to reality of rumours, guesses & the mundane Friday updates, oh well 😉

Plan B ? - anyone shed any light on what plan B is or have I missed the detail on it and what happened to plan A ?
Also whilst interest rates are low some monies should be being generated- who's getting that ?
Seen nothing fm the SC for weeks - again 🙄
They should have invested sone of our money in bitcoin 6 months ago - could have bought the club 10 times over !
Every day that goes by without proactive action on the supporters behalf by the supporters club is a day wasted IMO.
Seems little or no pressure being formally applied by anyone on anyone right now which is frightening as the EFL cliff edge is less than 6 months away

Plan B ? - anyone shed any light on what plan B is or have I missed the detail on it and what happened to plan A ?

As you've obviously not been paying attention, your punishment (which will happily also have the by-effect of educating you) is to read the other 400 and odd pages of this thread, and the information on the SC website, at the end of which, you shall provide the forum with a short dissertation on your perception of Plan B in no more than 25 words.

As a once famous Bank Manager cum Home Guard Captain might have said ..........You stupid boy !

😁

Also whilst interest rates are low some monies should be being generated- who's getting that ?
Seen nothing fm the SC for weeks - again 🙄
They should have invested sone of our money in bitcoin 6 months ago - could have bought the club 10 times over !
Every day that goes by without proactive action on the supporters behalf by the supporters club is a day wasted IMO.
Seems little or no pressure being formally applied by anyone on anyone right now which is frightening as the EFL cliff edge is less than 6 months away

You should have suggested the Bitcoin thing 6 months ago.

As you've obviously not been paying attention, your punishment (which will happily also have the by-effect of educating you) is to read the other 400 and odd pages of this thread, and the information on the SC website, at the end of which, you shall provide the forum with a short dissertation on your perception of Plan B in no more than 25 words.

As a once famous Bank Manager cum Home Guard Captain might have said ..........You stupid boy !

😁
Or alternatively........we're all doomed
Lack of action / urgency / pressure by the SC has been and remains underwhelming, the other key influencers - Nandy and Council have gone quiet and Burham has left to jump on the latest bandwagon.
Meanwhile EFL move nothing forward and Admins count their fees.
The fact that there exists 400 pages says it all really 🙈

Lack of action / urgency / pressure by the SC has been and remains underwhelming, the other key influencers - Nandy and Council have gone quiet and Burham has left to jump on the latest bandwagon.

As an example of how not to answer a question, this is a masterclass.

Not really sure what you expect the SC, Nandy, Council, Burnham, or even Tom Cobley ( I wonder what colour his rosette might be?) to actually be doing right now, but in the meantime, the EFL go about their job of verifying the (source of) funds of the Bahraini bid.

The groundhog day type discussions of the Administrators' handling of this whole episode is tedious, but nothing in comparison to the whinging about the lack progress leveraged by those with our best interests at heart.

:shrug:

TBF to Lisa N here Hampton, she was the radio the other day along with Barry W putting our plight / cause across, so has hardly 'gone quiet'.....she also said she speaks to the EFL on a very regular basis, so fair play to her imo.

As an example of how not to answer a question, this is a masterclass.

Not really sure what you expect the SC, Nandy, Council, Burnham, or even Tom Cobley ( I wonder what colour his rosette might be?) to actually be doing right now, but in the meantime, the EFL go about their job of verifying the (source of) funds of the Bahraini bid.

The groundhog day type discussions of the Administrators' handling of this whole episode is tedious, but nothing in comparison to the whinging about the lack progress leveraged by those with our best interests at heart.

:shrug:
I expect all of the above to be continually pressurising both the EFL and the admins to short this out.
And update weekly to confirm this is how. That there has been no update for almost a month is shocking.

As for the 25 word sum up I considered NDAx25 though the website does advise "We are unable to share any details on any bid" so I will just be a good lad and be patient.

In short -
Trust us - Rome is burning and we don't seem to have even got the fiddle out of its case but trust us - the moneycalm bull seems more stressed tbh

TBF to Lisa N here Hampton, she was the radio the other day along with Barry W putting our plight / cause across, so has hardly 'gone quiet'.....she also said she speaks to the EFL on a very regular basis, so fair play to her imo.
Didn't hear that Jock so fair do's
Did she offer any info on exactly what she was talking with the EFL about ? I speak to Mrs Hampton every day but it doesn't get me anywhere 😉

Seriously Hampton, I kind of understand your lashing out at all and sundry (even if it does seem a little more like self-flagellation to be honest), but unless it somehow helps appease you in some way, it has very little influence in changing the price of fish.

The SC have to keep shtum in order to be allowed into the process.
Ms Nandy will make a pain in the ass of herself in our behalf .....we should be thankful.
Andy Burnham was a welcome voice on our side....... what would you have him do?
The Council are said to have been very supportive of our plight
The Admins are tosspots
The EFL are shitting themselves in case they give a thumbs up to anyone found at a later point to have missed paying a car parking ticket on time.
Oh ...... and as those well known philosophers The Brand New Heavies once sagely said ........ The world keeps on spinning.

Seriously Hampton, I kind of understand your lashing out at all and sundry (even if it does seem a little more like self-flagellation to be honest), but unless it somehow helps appease you in some way, it has very little influence in changing the price of fish.

The SC have to keep shtum in order to be allowed into the process.
Ms Nandy will make a pain in the ass of herself in our behalf .....we should be thankful.
Andy Burnham was a welcome voice on our side....... what would you have him do?
The Council are said to have been very supportive of our plight
The Admins are tosspots
The EFL are shitting themselves in case they give a thumbs up to anyone found at a later point to have missed paying a car parking ticket on time.
Oh ...... and as those well known philosophers The Brand New Heavies once sagely said ........ The world keeps on spinning.
Just been for a long walk.....!
Feel much better 😁

How did your dabble go Hampton, been considering it myself?
Not enough to buy the club Dude but got a tip off a yank mate (I know !) that Musk was about to wade in - emptied the piggy bank and bought 1 bitcoin via my mates US investment club (again I know !) at $15k:1
baled start Jan at $40k:1 so not bad for 3 months net of trading taxes. If nothing else family hols and next seasons tickets sorted out
Not sure how much / if it will keep going as it's now over $50k:1 so becoming a rich mans game !
Lots of other crypto products but which ones will fly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.