Coronavirus | Page 574 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

My own views on this suggestion are not printable!

Kerry County Council has heard calls for British prime minister Boris Johnson to take over for six months due to the slow roll-out of the vaccine.
The unexpected suggestion from public representatives was made amid what councillors say is growing frustration among the public.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/...2&utm_medium=readnow&utm_source=irishexaminer

We could do without other countries trying to help Boris brand himself as “Vaccine Boris”, we’ll get enough shameful links from him and the Tories without you boys doing it for them.

We could do without other countries trying to help Boris brand himself as “Vaccine Boris”, we’ll get enough shameful links from him and the Tories without you boys doing it for them.

Boris gets a lot of stick for what he gets wrong albeit mostly using hindsight I wouldn't begrudge him getting things right especially saving my life.
I'm glad we have him we could have had an anti-vaxxer commie twat like Corbyn don't forget

It's a thankless task running this country at the moment. No matter what he does someone will find fault.
Fair play to Starmer as well who hasn't turned it into some political war like Corbyn and his follers would have, by opposing every single thing the Conservatives do good or bad.

We are all in this shite together, not much the government can do when you have a population who has the" right to refuse Vaccines and the right to do as they want attitudes and break lockdowns.

At least we know who the majority of bellends are now, all these who won't have the vaccine are probably mainly lockdown breakers too

the Labour shadow health secretary called for lockdown before the Tories did it, and repeatedly for the others, so despite Corbyn being a vile pratt of a man, we are far from lucky having a buffoon like Johnson and his useless sidekick Hancock.

Our high death rate, in comparison to other countries, shows that.

They are starting the vaccinations here this week. The PM is first up and then all the high risk groups. I've told my staff that they are all getting the vaccine. The company will pay for it if necessary. If any of them refuse the vaccine, they'll be needing a new job.

Boris gets a lot of stick for what he gets wrong albeit mostly using hindsight I wouldn't begrudge him getting things right especially saving my life.
I'm glad we have him we could have had an anti-vaxxer commie twat like Corbyn don't forget

It's a thankless task running this country at the moment. No matter what he does someone will find fault.
Fair play to Starmer as well who hasn't turned it into some political war like Corbyn and his follers would have, by opposing every single thing the Conservatives do good or bad.

We are all in this shite together, not much the government can do when you have a population who has the" right to refuse Vaccines and the right to do as they want attitudes and break lockdowns.

At least we know who the majority of bellends are now, all these who won't have the vaccine are probably mainly lockdown breakers too

He’s made a career out of good branding. He’s always done it, look at Boris bikes for fucks sake.

He’s a clown who runs in the direction of the wind. The vaccine was developed by university research and private companies, the only thing the government did was deregulate.

The roll out has been successful - I didn’t realise that Nadim fella was the MP for Stratford, but let’s look at what the operation is. Effectively it’s a similar thing to giving blood, get people and doses to a village hall or function room, keep the people apart and inject them. It’s more straightforward than giving blood where you have to take the liquid away.

He’s had very little to do with the vaccine and rollout, the NHS could’ve handled and organised it.

He still lacks leadership, coordination and direction though I will give him painful credit it’s not been as bad recently.

100k dead, 25k or so in the last 8 weeks. Twice as many as Germany. Great job Boris.

The roll out has been successful - I didn’t realise that Nadim fella was the MP for Stratford, but let’s look at what the operation is. Effectively it’s a similar thing to giving blood, get people and doses to a village hall or function room, keep the people apart and inject them. It’s more straightforward than giving blood where you have to take the liquid away.
If its that easy dan how come the mighty EU have completely fucked it up.

Nah. Not a jot of praise for the scruffy buffoon or his government. Over 117,000 reasons not to.

Vaccine roll out ?. Yeah. We do something like this every year for the flu. The template is there but this just on a bigger scale. Not that difficult and again it’s down to the grassroot NHS workers going above and beyond again.

We got rid of a PM who had just lead us successfully through a world war, I’m sure Boris will suffer the same fate for the cluster he has presided over. Just fortunate for him the election is not for another nearly 4 years. I think that such is the huge nature of this event we are going through the country should be given the opportunity as soon as possible to decide on whether the government is now competent to lead us beyond it.

Buffoon OUT.

We have our own version of the Sopranos over here.

Gardaí break up funeral Mass of former gangland figure over Covid breaches
Mass for Philip Griffiths did not go ahead as 250 people were present in the church

Mourners at the funeral of a convicted criminal linked to the Kinahan organised crime gang attempted to block gardaí from entering the church as they tried to enforce Covid-19 funeral rules.
Friends and supporters of Philip Griffiths, aged 40, were invited on social media to attend the funeral last Saturday at St Agnes’ Church in Crumlin in Dublin, and to come without wearing face masks.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...gangland-figure-over-covid-breaches-1.4485703

Mass for Philip Griffiths did not go ahead as 250 people were present in the church

Mourners at the funeral of a convicted criminal linked to the Kinahan organised crime gang attempted to block gardaí from entering the church as they tried to enforce Covid-19 funeral rules.
Friends and supporters of Philip Griffiths, aged 40, were invited on social media to attend the funeral last Saturday at St Agnes’ Church in Crumlin in Dublin, and to come without wearing face masks.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/gardaí-break-up-funeral-mass-of-former-gangland-figure-over-covid-breaches-1.4485703
Well the Irish police have a bit more balls than our lot, who allowed a traveller funeral to go ahead, with over 200 mourners because they were told to fuck off, so they did so.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/gardaí-break-up-funeral-mass-of-former-gangland-figure-over-covid-breaches-1.4485703

I think that such is the huge nature of this event we are going through the country should be given the opportunity as soon as possible to decide on whether the government is now competent to lead us beyond it.
Buffoon out yes, but a pandemic that has had all of western Europe reeling is not reason enough to call a general election under our system.
Its not as if the shambles that is the Labour Party have suddenly become electable, and given the state of the economy would they want to be in power.

I don't buy this vaccine success. I want it to be x10 faster. The Gov met a target they themselves set. Every day wasted is more variants, more deaths. Go on a War footing and do 1m a day or more.

We mostly need to have two each and (as I suspect as the AZ one is no good on some variants) a booster all this year. That's 195m jabs....so at 7m jabs a month currently.....do the math(s).

If its that easy dan how come the mighty EU have completely fucked it up.

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not defending them on the roll out, I’ve posted before - they have played stupid politics on it especially the French who don’t want the Oxford vaccine.

They were behind us in terms of approvals, they stuck with their usually regulation in place - there isn’t a right or wrong answer as to whether that was the right strategy, though it meant we ordered first. If the vaccines has been useless, we would’ve been left with a big contract to pay for because we deregulated quickly.

We have as a country been far more successful so far at leading the vaccine charge, my gripe is with the buffoon who can’t rehearse the name of the latest vaccine trying to take credit for it all and will run his next campaign off the back of it.

Congratulations to the government for finally forcing people to quarantine to the U.K. by the way, great success. 9 months too late.

Except if you travel from the US to the U.K. via Dublin or Frankfurt, because we need to keep a back door open for the yanks don’t we?

All these Brazilians on the news travelling back, they have a bigger culture problem with following rules than us. The fuckers do not give a shit, it only takes a mutation to avoid the vaccine that puts us back to square 1.

I had my jab yesterday and have had no side effects whatsoever.
My wife had hers last week, and was quite poorly.
I am now concerned the bloody thing hasnt worked.

Buffoon out yes, but a pandemic that has had all of western Europe reeling is not reason enough to call a general election under our system.
Its not as if the shambles that is the Labour Party have suddenly become electable, and given the state of the economy would they want to be in power.

And we are the worst of the worst in Western Europe. Some achievement then. Only close to 100,000 over the 20,000 ‘good result‘ remember The only way the minions get to show their disapproval of a government is to vote them out . What other way is there. I think the magnitude of what we have faced and are still facing is reason to give the people a unique chance to show how they feel about the governance in this country during ( as we are told by the buffoon himself) the biggest crises since ww2 and whether they are fit to lead us out of it over the next few years.