Sunderland Board | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sunderland Board

And I think you’re flattering them by saying they are playing in other teams cup finals every week.

I think they would expect to be amongst the highest attendances at their away games , that's true.
Any advantage of a large, sell-out away following , has since been fckd over by covid.
This season , they are just another team in Lge1.

I've had a look at their board and they type, as well as speak, Geordie - Howay etc.

I've not considered what people sound or look like on this board. I imagine Wayne was Victor Meldrew gradually going purple with rage as he bashed out another indignant Brexit related response.
Nobby is Gene Hunt and therefore whilst off duty keeping the youth of Southend in order with a withering putdown and threat of violence.
58 - A Mr Chips like character with the Guardian tucked under his arm whilst reading a 1967 Gills yearbook.

This is not going to be popular but I feel a bit sorry for Sunderland. They have championship players with a championship manager and play good football. Unfortunately for them every match they play is like a cup final and teams raise their game. What they need is a manager on a one year contract who has experience in League One and knows the teams. He will realise that you cannot get out of this league if you have a team of midgets however skillful they are.

Some on here wonder whether you are a fifth columnist, P-u-B; my wager is elsewhere as i`m guessing that SE must be happy to have you as his agent...

I've had a look at their board and they type, as well as speak, Geordie - Howay etc.

I've not considered what people sound or look like on this board. I imagine Wayne was Victor Meldrew gradually going purple with rage as he bashed out another indignant Brexit related response.
Nobby is Gene Hunt and therefore whilst off duty keeping the youth of Southend in order with a withering putdown and threat of violence.
58 - A Mr Chips like character with the Guardian tucked under his arm whilst reading a 1967 Gills yearbook.

As i`ve only met, face to face (several times) with Wayne i`ll restrict my observation to him. The man and his on-line forum alter-ego are way, way apart. I might not have agreed with some of what "Wayne" wrote, even if,sometimes, it was merely a wind-up, but what a can tell you is that the real man comes across as a kind, considerate, articulate and very intelligent gentleman.

Let`s be honest, there`s probably a number of curt, argumentative, doppelgangers on here who, in real life, would be far more affable in the actual presence of others from this Forum. But then, some of the discussions wouldn`t be half as interesting !

As i`ve only met, face to face (several times) with Wayne i`ll restrict my observation to him. The man and his on-line forum alter-ego are way, way apart. I might not have agreed with some of what "Wayne" wrote, even if,sometimes, it was merely a wind-up, but what a can tell you is that the real man comes across as a kind, considerate, articulate and very intelligent gentleman.

Let`s be honest, there`s probably a number of curt, argumentative, doppelgangers on here who, in real life, would be far more affable in the actual presence of others from this Forum. But then, some of the discussions wouldn`t be half as interesting !
So what you're saying is basically he is a keyboard warrior that acts big and tough (abusive) when behind his keyboard, but would never say what he says online to people's face?

So what you're saying is basically he is a keyboard warrior that acts big and tough (abusive) when behind his keyboard, but would never say what he says online to people's face?

No, I didn`t say that. But I was alluding to the artificial environment that individuals and groups can conjure up via the internet.

Whilst IT will take us all forward in so many efficient and productive ways, it remains a comfort to some, hopefully, most, that there`s still a real world out there.

Can I say that I am a bigger idiot away from this board, than I am on it. I know many will find they hard to believe... 😊

Can I say that I am a bigger idiot away from this board, than I am on it. I know many will find they hard to believe... 😊
Haha well i do rember enjoying spending a number of pissed up nights with yourself in the BRC probably more than 15 years ago. I would definitely concur :cool:

Last edited:

Lol Tim. Pretty accurate. Laughed at that, particularly as I spent some time yesterday on the Gillinghamscrapbook site looking at the history of our seasons in the early 1960's.

Also checked whether I'd see Dai Davies in goal. Just missed him. Was at Swansea for our away game in 70/71 but had moved to Everton by the time we played them at home.

Who needs foreign holidays when you can spend your life on Gillinghamscrapbook looking up fascinating facts.:grinning:

Haha well i do enjoy spending a number of pissed up nights with yourself in the BRC probably more than 15 years ago. I would definitely concur :cool:

I haven't changed since those days much. Have less drinking days, but drink more when I do.... 🍻

Haha well i do rember enjoying spending a number of pissed up nights with yourself in the BRC probably more than 15 years ago. I would definitely concur :cool:

Thinking back to the days of the Cafe this morning, and the good times I had in there. All the old usernames, Polish, EP, Badger, Wigga, Pompom, Gills Girl, Pepper, Binman, Robbo (still does his match reports) Guinness, Lord *****, Wolfie, and many others. Trev on here I see briefly every so often. I know most don't go now, or go once in awhile.
Polish played at my wedding reception (9th anniversary tomorrow) Gave a speech of why he was there (he played Chasing Cars on guitar at a charity event at the club, when the karaoke machine broke, and I said to him that if I ever got married, I'd have him playing) He got near the end of Chasing Cars at the end of his set, and fell off his stool lol We then played All Along The Watchtower together, which went down really well.
Today I'll be watching the game on my own... lol

Last edited:
Was trying to remember all of the boards we have migrated from. Certainly the most interesting was during the playoffs and resultant champ days, i assume a lot of the missing board members then faded away once the champ dream was over or maybe running under different usernames now.

Was trying to remember all of the boards we have migrated from. Certainly the most interesting was during the playoffs and resultant champ days, i assume a lot of the missing board members then faded away once the champ dream was over or maybe running under different usernames now.

The old “rivals” board Jerry? Or are you going back even earlier than that?

The old “rivals” board Jerry? Or are you going back even earlier than that?

Trying to remember the route lol. Brain not working (whats new).
Rivals, fansonline, did we do some time on gillconnect.

Help, memory gone. What was the route backwards?

I think I’ve been on all of the boards since they started about 25 years ago - under my current username for quite a while but as TIT_GFC (wouldn’t let me take the name across) previously. I remember the board before was usurped by I_Luv_SJ or one of his many usernames who posted Shite and caused issues for the admin. There was another board prior to that too which separated our to another board.

Does anyone else remember Curtis Stigers, the Bristol Rovers fan, who used to try to troll us?

I think I’ve been on all of the boards since they started about 25 years ago - under my current username for quite a while but as TIT_GFC (wouldn’t let me take the name across) previously. I remember the board before was usurped by I_Luv_SJ or one of his many usernames who posted Shite and caused issues for the admin. There was another board prior to that too which separated our to another board.

Does anyone else remember Curtis Stigers, the Bristol Rovers fan, who used to try to troll us?
I think I remember Curtis. Do you remember there were a couple of Swindon fans used to be regulars back in the day as well?